Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling old vinyl

Options
  • 02-01-2018 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any suggestions re selling off an old job lot of vinyl, not huge - maybe 100 albums, 50 singles. Its a mixture of anything from Larry Cunningham to Neil Young, Pink Floyd. Also mixed re condition. If nothing else - might be of Kitsch value - or for someone being creative and crafty. I'd take 100 euro for the lot. Not really got the time to start sorting it. Can have a look later and get a more accurate count. I'm in Mayo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Anyone got any suggestions re selling off an old job lot of vinyl, not huge - maybe 100 albums, 50 singles. Its a mixture of anything from Larry Cunningham to Neil Young, Pink Floyd. Also mixed re condition. If nothing else - might be of Kitsch value - or for someone being creative and crafty. I'd take 100 euro for the lot. Not really got the time to start sorting it. Can have a look later and get a more accurate count. I'm in Mayo.

There’s a place in Castlebar that sell them on Saturday’s they could be interested in buying them off ya

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

naughto wrote: »
    There’s a place in Castlebar that sell them on Saturday’s they could be interested in buying them off ya

That at the market at the Tennis Club? I remember seeing some clocks and even cake stands there a couple of years back. I'll pop in and have a word some Saturday soon. They'd be perfect! Thanks for the reminder!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

There is a man that is usually at the Castlebar CarBoot Sale end of every month,usually parks over along from Subway.He sells/buys books,cds,vinyl etc.,he has many regular customers and would definitely know where you would get the best deal.I reckon he'd take your stuff himself.I think his name is Dom.

Thanks a million. Will definitely hook up with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bridge St pub do a mini market upstairs too. Vinyl, art and other stuff. Not sure how often they host it but might be worth getting in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

PARlance wrote: »
    Bridge St pub do a mini market upstairs too. Vinyl, art and other stuff. Not sure how often they host it but might be worth getting in touch.

That’s where I was thinking off

naughto wrote: »
    That’s where I was thinking off

Just checked their FB page, it was only running Nov-Dec. Might be worth asking them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If your motivation for selling is financial gain your best bet is ebay. Your lot is quite substantial and you would be advertising to a much wider audience if you go online. You have 100 albums and your asking 100 euro, that's 1 euro per vinyl. I think you could get a lot more than that per individual record. Especially the Pink Floyd stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

BTW what pink floyd stuff have you got? I might take some off you myself if it's good condition... PM me if interested.

CiniO wrote: »
    BTW what pink floyd stuff have you got? I might take some off you myself if it's good condition... PM me if interested.

Without going through them, i think it may only be Dark Side of The Moon. But it's in good condition. If i had time and motivation - i might have a look and cherry pick the better ones - before off loading. I have a week in February - maybe i'll hold off and see. Primary motivation remains decluttering mind. But thanks, i'll have a think ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How about even sticking it up as a lot on adverts.ie?

The success fee is gone now, so you'll get 100% of the cash.

Should be able to get a good bit more than 100 euro for a lot that big.

o1s1n wrote: »
    How about even sticking it up as a lot on adverts.ie?

The success fee is gone now, so you'll get 100% of the cash.

Should be able to get a good bit more than 100 euro for a lot that big.

Maybe, maybe. I was being very impatient pre painting a room. If i calm myself and catalogue them a bit, i might get some pocket money out of it! Worth a try - i'll have a look ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

I've actually buckled down and made a start on this vinyl. Giving adverts.ie a try. Got the main 'lot' up today anyway!! Thanks for your suggestions boardsies!

https://www.adverts.ie/vinyl/70s-80s-and-some-90s-lps/14585632

I really should have snapped your hand off for €100 😠You've done a lot better than that, nice one.

Ah yes!! Thank you all very much. It turns out I've been laid low with a chest infection and had more time on my hands (than I've had in years!) - so yes, worked out very well. You know, when I finally looked through them - there was a lot of good stuff there. Caught the bug now! Nothing in the house is safe. My other half will be securing everything to the floor!!
    Good old boards - my inspiration! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, I've 85 vinyl albums to get rid of so I found this thread yesterday and decided to catalogue and list them on adverts. I actually got this thread mixed up with another one where a guy was selling 45 vinyls and thought he got €350 for 45, so I decided to list my ad with a pretty high price and work down, just incase there's anything rare or special there and just incase that signed one is worth anything. But I see now the seller here had 100 albums, so more than me :pac:

Would appreciate any idea on valuation. The signed Tom Jones one doesn't have any cover, just the signed sleep and record itself.

https://www.adverts.ie/vinyl/vinyl-record-job-lot-85-albums/16524707?notification=fa740ef2e4e84545905e60f696aff7cf-1539987483

Hi Cormie.
    Nice bit of itemising there!

This was my advert - and while probably under priced, it sold quickly, which is what I wanted at the time. If you have any valuable ones there - people won't be slow contacting you, cherrypicking. I had nothing 'amazing', just solid, good condition classics. Other more niche (rubbish!) i've been left with.
    But yes - you'll see my price. Probably correct value is somewhere between both of us. Good luck to you.

https://touch.adverts.ie/vinyl/70s-80s-and-some-90s-lps/14585632

Thanks for that :) yeah, I saw your ad linked to above so was using that as a basis for my pricing, I just got the price of your ad, mixed with the amount of records another guy in another thread had, and thought you got 300 for 45 records, so put mine at a high marker, as, well, you know how adverts works :D

I'm not interested in selling and meeting people individually so just selling as a job lot, I'm not sure if there is anything extra special there, the only thing of significance I can see is the signed Tom Jones one, but not even sure what that's worth to be honest so I just put the price high and if I don't even get half that, then so be it :)

I hear ya on all fronts. There could be a gem or two in there that you dont realise yet. There was one of mine that surprised me (for the life of me, dont remember now) - but yes, hang in there and do your bumps at the weekend for biggest audience. Adverts works well.

An offer of €150 for the lot so far. If I knew it was all it was worth, I'd take it, I have no sentimental connection to this at all. The thing is, I'm hoping it's worth more, but don't know :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement