Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bags of coarse ground coffee?

• 02-01-2018 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Are there any bags of ground coffee available in the shops that are ground for a French Press?

I'm following the guide on the Serious Eats blog and they recommend "The particles should appear somewhere between coarse salt and steelcut oats" and any bags of ground coffee I've bought are much finer and can never get a good brew.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

J o e wrote: »
    Are there any bags of ground coffee available in the shops that are ground for a French Press?

I'm following the guide on the Serious Eats blog and they recommend "The particles should appear somewhere between coarse salt and steelcut oats" and any bags of ground coffee I've bought are much finer and can never get a good brew.

If you go into a good coffee shop that sells beans they will ground them for you for your french press, just tell them what its for and they will adjust the grind accordingly.

If your in Dublin, the likes of Kaph etc will be happy to chat to you and do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

If you're looking in supermarkets, I find the Bewley's range such as this one are ground nicely for french press

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

If you go to somewhere like 3Fe coffee shop who roast their own so the bags in the shop are very fresh and they'll grind it to meet your needs in the shop.

Advertisement