If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40-43 inch 4k with minimum 100hz refresh rate

Options
  • 02-01-2018 12:50pm

Hi there,

Could someone recomend a 4k HDR TV about 40-43 inch with minimum of 100hz refresh rate? 10 bit colours would be nice too :)

Or am I being too picky...finding it quite hard to find a decently priced tv with the above specs.

Cheers,
    N

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,

Could someone recomend a 4k HDR TV about 40-43 inch with minimum of 100hz refresh rate? 10 bit colours would be nice too :)

Or am I being too picky...finding it quite hard to find a decently priced tv with the above specs.

Cheers,
    N
    Hi NixMix.

Thanks for the post.

To get a full native 10 bit panel you have to start at the 49MU7000 priced at £749.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202582-ue49mu7000.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

Most screen are native 8 bit with FRC to make in up to 10 bit.
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8 bit screens reproduce 16.8 million colours. 10 bit screens vastly increase the colour count to 1 billion colours. FRC (Frame Rate Control) uses cyclic algorithms to offer 10 bit performance from an 8 bit panel[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You could look at the Samsung 40MU6400 priced at £429.00 - (8 bit + FRC)[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202568-ue40mu6400.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pansonic offer the 40EX700 priced at £479.00 - (8 Bit)[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202581-viera-tx40ex700b.aspx
    [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sony have their 43XE8004 priced at £589.00 - (8 Bit + FRC)[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202478-bravia-kd43xe8004.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab
    [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All the above are rated over 100Hz refresh rate.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let me know your thoughts.[/font]

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for getting back to me. The Samsung I would definitely consider. However some sites(including yours under the specs section) says the TV is not 100hz. Can you 100% confirm please.

Cheers,
    Nick

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for getting back to me. The Samsung I would definitely consider. However some sites(including yours under the specs section) says the TV is not 100hz. Can you 100% confirm please.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Hi Nick.

For some reason our .ie site it has uploaded the spec's for the older 49KS7000 but its still listed as 1900 PQI which is Samsung's way of measuring the refresh rate/motion processing. 
    The 49MU7000 is also rated at 1900PQI.

Reading online there is no direct conversion available for Samsung's measure method.
    I will have to call Samsung and see if I can get the Hz from them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.