Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Texts question

Options
  • 02-01-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I've just received my recent bill and there is multiple charges for International text messages to 00447786205094. I havent sent these messages and would like to know why I am being charged for them. 

When I google the number it appears to be an Imessage/Facetime apple message.

Can you please advise?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Naid23 wrote: »
    Hi, 

I've just received my recent bill and there is multiple charges for International text messages to 00447786205094. I havent sent these messages and would like to know why I am being charged for them. 

Can you please advise?

thanks
    Hi Naid23, 

These charges are for the activation of the Facetime facility, this message is treated as an international text and charged accordingly. 
    The device will send an automatic SMS when the customer attempts to use the service. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Naid23 wrote: »
    Hi, 

Can you please advise?

thanks
    Hi Naid23, 

These charges are for the activation of the Facetime facility, this message is treated as an international text and charged accordingly. 
    The device will send an automatic SMS when the customer attempts to use the service. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

I have been using Facetime and Imessage for years and never had a charge like this on my bill before so why am I suddenly being charged for it now? 

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

These texts are periodically sent by Apple to keep these services active. They can appear at any time. As they are Apple related, these charges are out of our control.

-Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

eir: Kevin wrote: »
    These texts are periodically sent by Apple to keep these services active. They can appear at any time. As they are Apple related, these charges are out of our control.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin,

That is total nonsense. Never seen this charge ever before and then i get 7 in one month is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

This would typically only be one charge periodically. However these texts are sent automatically from your phone so you would need to query that with Apple. 

I apologise I can't be of better help personally with that one.

-Kevin

• Advertisement
Advertisement