Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Autoplay

Options
  • 02-01-2018 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure where I should post this so move if needs be.....

Anyway, I recently upgraded to a new tv (Samsung) and now when I use Netflix if I click into anything it automatically starts playing it... So if I want to add something to My List or just read the detailed synopsis/cast it will autoplay. Is there any way to turn this off? Does anyone know? It didn't happen on my old TV, just the new one so is it a TV thing? Or just the the new TV has a newer app?

I had a look in the Settings section of Netflix on the TV but it only lets you change the password there....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have you tried disabling autoplay from the Netflix website? Account > Playback Settings > uncheck Auto-Play - https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/entertainment/how-turn-off-netflix-autoplay-3661906/

It sounds more like the TV app that's causing it though. What model is the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I think that's to stop the auto playing of the next episode if you're watching a series. What I'm referring to is when you just click into something it automatically starts playing it - where you might have just clicked in to add it to your list or read the description or see the cast that's in it....

I'll give it a shot anyway and see if it makes a difference..... Thanks for the reply. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

I'd imagine you're looking for an "info" or "options" button or something similar. Your main "OK" button probably plays, but you'll have another secondary button that will act sort of like a right click of a mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I'm pretty sure that's a Netflix thing rather than a Samsung thing. We've a Samsung TV too and it's only started the autoplay thing like you say in the last few weeks.

What's really annoying is when you're watching a "tense" programme and instead of letting you decompress for a bit over the end credits, it immediately launches into some other associated programme - like "Beyond Stranger Things", or the one they were showing after Star Trek:Discovery, that's now on my 'Continue watching' list despite never watching more than 10 seconds of it!

Advertisement