Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tacx Neo

Options
  • 02-01-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just ordered a Tacx Neo as a Christmas present for myself!

I have no experience of smart trainers / zwift.

Is it essential to purchase a ANT+ dongle or can the neo interact directly with my Mac Book Air?

Thanks

Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Your Neo will connect to your Macbook via Bluetooth and talk to Zwift via that.

Check out Shane Miller on Youtube, he does a full rundown on your Neo. It's a lovely piece of kit and recently got an update that includes road feel on Zwift.

You may have a limitation on how many Bluetooth devices your Macbook will accept so may not be able to add a BLE HRM or something but you can connect those via Zwift Mobile Link.

Fair play on spending all that money without doing the research.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Your Neo will connect to your Macbook via Bluetooth and talk to Zwift via that.

Check out Shane Miller on Youtube, he does a full rundown on your Neo. It's a lovely piece of kit and recently got an update that includes road feel on Zwift.

You may have a limitation on how many Bluetooth devices your Macbook will accept so may not be able to add a BLE HRM or something but you can connect those via Zwift Mobile Link.

Fair play on spending all that money without doing the research.

great thanks a mill. Couldn't quite get my head around the ANT + dongle but have otherwise done some research ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shoco83

I don't have a tacx neo, have the flow.

I found the cadence reading from the the turbo to be very inaccurate, also the speed and distance weren't realistic if uploaded to strava.

I ended up buying the dongle and using my garmin speed/cadence sensor connected via the ant+ dongle.

So trainerroad controls the power via Bluetooth, and reads cadence via ant+, I found it to be the best set up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I have a neo and use it with a usb dongle on my windows laptop. The dongle is the signal receiver to interface with zwift. The tacx software with real life recorded video rides up mountains, etc or just workouts connect to the neo via bluetooth. No dongle needed for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

thanks Lusk and Shoco!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    The tacx software with real life recorded video rides up mountains, etc or just workouts connect to the neo via bluetooth. No dongle needed for this.

I have been using my TACX Neo happily for a year or two, especially in winter. I recently got this message on the opening page: "Can not create a connection with the webserver, try again later", very frustrating. I contacted TACX support by email and got an acknowledgement and a ticket number. Waiting for a further reply.
    Has anybody else had this problem?
    Has this anything to do with Garmin taking over TACX?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gnodorf

GreyEagle wrote: »
    I have been using my TACX Neo happily for a year or two, especially in winter. I recently got this message on the opening page: "Can not create a connection with the webserver, try again later", very frustrating. I contacted TACX support by email and got an acknowledgement and a ticket number. Waiting for a further reply.
    Has anybody else had this problem?
    Has this anything to do with Garmin taking over TACX?

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem, have you heard from them yet?

I was under the impression that even though the software has reached end of life, the service would still be available...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

gnodorf wrote: »
    Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem, have you heard from them yet?

I was under the impression that even though the software has reached end of life, the service would still be available...
    Yes, I got a response from TACX saying that all the films I purchased should still be available. And they are, they just take a little longer to Initialize. Select your preferred film your Tacx Films section and Initializing starts. Then go and get changed! It takes ages. You will eventually hear the "Beeps" at 5-4-3-2-1 and away you go! Just like old times.

Advertisement