Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty repair denied due to lack of receipt. Proof of purchase and contract request

Options
  • 02-01-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've been trying to send my phone in for repair for the past 2 months. First it was the lack of courtesy phones (forgivable but lacking as a service) then it was the store telling me they can't simply look up my account and send it away (Eir Kilkenny - she was fairly snide about it too, but that's a separate complaint) and so I requested proof of purchase and contract from eir and was told it would be sent out to me to bring in to the store. It never arrived.

As such, I'm taking this to mean no contract exists and I can stop paying you money. Two can play that game. I'm likely to be cut off in the next few days as I haven't had a chat with your phone reps on 014307056. Not for a lack of trying. I'm just tired of being on hold long enough for the system to cut the call on me.

I should still have a year left of warranty. I want this fixed. Nothing will be paid until then. Considering the **** I've dealt with over the last few months dealing with this I might as well demand a free upgrade a year in advance for my trouble. If Eir wants my money they can call me. I'm done calling them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Just called again, got through, they hung up on me before I could say hello.

Well then.

Edit: Got through again, tried to broach the service issue. Nope. This is credit control. Pay up or go away. Guess I'm going away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

hare05 wrote: »
    Hi

I've been trying to send my phone in for repair for the past 2 months. First it was the lack of courtesy phones (forgivable but lacking as a service) then it was the store telling me they can't simply look up my account and send it away (Eir Kilkenny - she was fairly snide about it too, but that's a separate complaint) and so I requested proof of purchase and contract from eir and was told it would be sent out to me to bring in to the store. It never arrived.

As such, I'm taking this to mean no contract exists and I can stop paying you money. Two can play that game. I'm likely to be cut off in the next few days as I haven't had a chat with your phone reps on 014307056. Not for a lack of trying. I'm just tired of being on hold long enough for the system to cut the call on me.

I should still have a year left of warranty. I want this fixed. Nothing will be paid until then. Considering the **** I've dealt with over the last few months dealing with this I might as well demand a free upgrade a year in advance for my trouble. If Eir wants my money they can call me. I'm done calling them.
    Hi Hare05,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. Would you like to PM me your full name, mobile number and pin, and I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement