Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you be doing differently for Christmas 2018?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

This year I will be more open minded. My mother who is generally an amazing cook would boil the pants off a ham and then bake it so when you cut it there is a saw dust sensation.

Now I am well well in to my grown up years but my Mum won't let me cook it. Therefore I have been very anti boiling ham before baking it. However we went to my aunts this year where she changed my mind with the most amazingly moist boiled ham.

So I will be more open minded in 2018 in relation to ham. Not in relation to horrible cinnamon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Hopefully I’ll be in New Zealand. Long term dream to head out there - both my wife and I have family there. Christmas Day on the beach in shorts could be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I had a really good Christmas buildup for 2017, something I wasn't expecting as Christmas is so busy for my business that I end up missing it.
    But I took time out and got to do some lovely activities with family & friends. I even took up ice-skating which was always a dream of mine. We also had a family wedding in December and that was just beautiful & Christmassy.

This year my plans are simple. I want all my family around. Some people I know lost parents and loved ones this year. I'm very lucky that both my parents are still around and I just want to cherish the times I have with them and to have many more years with them.

I've also started saving like others here. This is kind of embarrassing but apparently lots of grown ups do it - I started buying €4 TV license stamps (which I don't find embarrassing) but I spend the other €6 on children's savings stamps!! So I have a little card with Cyril the Squirrel saving stamps! :D
    After the card is filled, it's €20 I can put into my savings account.
    I know it seems wasteful but when I have enough TV license stamps, I'll just put the full €10 directly into my account.
    In the meantime it's a handy way of saving a few quid that all adds up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I used to love doing the Cyril the Squirrel stamps! I credit him with giving me an appreciation of saving! They are really good for getting kids started! We used to save our pocket money for our holidays - felt like we were millionaires once we had the card full! :D

Advertisement