Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Elysian - High Speed Internet

Options
  • 02-01-2018 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I am moving into the Elysian soon and am looking for any recommendations on the highest speed internet provider they have there? Unfortunately, even though being a newish building, Virgin Media have not laid their fibre lines to the building so I am stuck with the usual Eir, Sky, vodaphone etc etc all sharing the same 100mb line, correct? I have asked sky and Vodaphone and they tell me the most I can get there is 10-12mb line.

Is there anyone that is living there or knows someone that lives there that has a provider with faster internet?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

As far as I know, its Eir, Sky, Vodafone, Magnet etc only. There are so many people living there that work in IT, surely the broadband speeds must be acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Archangel187

Askthe EA wrote: »
    As far as I know, its Eir, Sky, Vodafone, Magnet etc only. There are so many people living there that work in IT, surely the broadband speeds must be acceptable?

True, I work in IT but I guess it's acceptable, barely, but far from ideal. #@virginmedia please lay some fibre cable to the largest residential building in Ireland!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I'm living in the Elysian a few years and use Magnet, cannot remember what speed but its more than sufficient, certainly more tan 10-12mb

There is no way the entire elysian is sharing a single 100mb/s line, they will definitely have a higher capacity trunk line (at least 1Gb/s if not more) dedicated to a complex of that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Archangel187

There is no way the entire elysian is sharing a single 100mb/s line, they will definitely have a higher capacity trunk line (at least 1Gb/s if not more) dedicated to a complex of that size.

I asked the concierge and he confirmed that they are all piggybacking on Eir's 100mb line.
    Called Sky again and this time they told me I can get up to 28mb line, so not sure why they told me 10mb the last call. Going to give them a try and see, hopefully Virgin will lay down their lines soon and we can all get 360mb lines :)

Cheers for all the input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

That's pretty pathetic in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I asked the concierge and he confirmed that they are all piggybacking on Eir's 100mb line. Called Sky again and this time they told me I can get up to 28mb line, so not sure why they told me 10mb the last call. Going to give them a try and see, hopefully Virgin will lay down their lines soon and we can all get 360mb lines

I doubt that the concierge is a telecoms expert if he is suggesting that every apartment is sharing one single phone line.

Might be worth knocking in with a few neighbours to see what they have.

Advertisement