Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Customer SignUp:my contract length is 12 mths - email says 18mths - please advise

Options
  • 02-01-2018 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi eir folks, 

Happy New Year to you!

I placed an order for eir fibre  on the 29/12/2017.
    I signed up for the following - Broadband, Unlimited Mobile & UK calls.
    The website stated at the time that this was a 12 month contract - 35€ for 6 months with cashback, etc 
    This is still the case on your site. See attached screenshot. 

Today, I receive an email saying "Welcome to eir, etc". 
    The email states that it's an 18 month contract. This is incorrect as at the time of order this was a 12month contract. 

Could you please ensure that I'm on a 12month contract as that is what I signed up too?

PM sent to @Tracey. If you need more details let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
    spanner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Hi guys, 

bumping this up in the hope I get a reply back soon.

Thanks for your help
    spanner

Hi guys,

Any update on this for me?

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Thanks

Good Morning again,

bumping this up in the hope that it will be looked at today? 

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

spannerism wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    Hi Spannerism,

I am having an issue locating the PM you have sent. Is it possible that you could send another one, just to confirm your full name and account number?

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for getting back.
    I've just sent a PM to you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

If you need more details - please let me know. 

Hi guys,

Thanks
    Hi Spannerism,

I am having an issue locating the PM you have sent. Is it possible that you could send another one, just to confirm your full name and account number?

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your PM and help. 

I will PM you back with 2 more questions...

Can I get a written confirmation that it's a 12 month contract (via email or post)? 
    How long will it take for the eir customer system to update that I'm on a 12 month contract? 

Also, in addition, can you verify that I have the €50 cashback as part of the package. I have no email in reference to that from eir. It was only on the website at the time of order. 

Thank you for your help.
    Regards,

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for getting back.
    I've just sent a PM to you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

If you need more details - please let me know. 

Hi guys,

Thanks
    Hi Spannerism,

Thanks

Tracey

Hi all, 

Just thought I'd share the replies back on this one. 

Tracey as assured me that I'm on a 12 month contract and  there was an error on the system and it was not noted correctly but it is in the process of being resolved. The relevant notes exist on my account to say that I'm on a 12 month contract. I have a PM saying that it's a 12 month contract. Unfortunately, it's not possible to get an official document to say this. 

Thanks for your help Tracey. 

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

Hi all, 

Tracey as assured me that I'm on a 12 month contract and  there was an error on the system and it was not noted correctly but it is in the process of being resolved. The relevant notes exist on my account to say that I'm on a 12 month contract. I have a PM saying that it's a 12 month contract. Unfortunately, it's not possible to get an official document to say this. 

Once the error is 'resolved' they should be able to send you the confirmation email again, this time with the amended (correct) length of contract. At the very least take screenshots of all your communication, including date and time. FYI, I'm still chasing the €50 cashback, not a straightforward process unfortunately as it involves a third-party.

Thanks for the advice. I will continue to ask for the confirmation email. It should not be difficult right!

I've screenshoted everything from the date I ordered so I have a "Eir Log" ready just in case I need it.

Let me know how you get on with the cashback. Once I'm installed and working, I'll probably be in the same boat - hopefully not but let's see. 

Hi all, 

Once the error is 'resolved' they should be able to send you the confirmation email again, this time with the amended (correct) length of contract. At the very least take screenshots of all your communication, including date and time. FYI, I'm still chasing the €50 cashback, not a straightforward process unfortunately as it involves a third-party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi all, 

No problem at all. 

I'm sorry I wasn't able to assist further. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement