Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conspiracy about the flat earth conspiracy - Thread bans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

XI to XII. It’s narrow. Why hasn’t one of ye flat earthers flown across at that point to see what’s out there?

What is on the other side of this disc? Is that such a difficult question for you to answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's your flat earth model..

The world is flat, and there's a sun hovering above it, how does that sun light only half the flat earth at a time?

Look at the image again, or any flat earth image

Take a light source (not a torch obviously) and hold it above anywhere, a floor or whatever, how does it only light half the flat floor, and the other half is in darkness?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

This is really boring now.

It's hilarious because it's a map of the globe flattened onto a circular plane taking the North Pole as it's central point. Google maps does the same, look up MrMurdo Station in Antarctica on your phone, see, giant ice wall covering the edge of the world ;)

Some secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yea, he's reached about the end of what he can do.

He can't answer any questions in a way that would string people along. He knows he's not that creative and he knows that anything definite he says will be torn apart easily.

He can only continue to keep posting these silly gotcha questions he keeps finding on flat earth youtube and twitter. But he's probably running low on them, given that conspiracy theorists aren't very creative either and have a very narrow field of points they just keep repeating.

Either way, it'll just be more "explain this to me!" *ignores explanation and questions* "Yea well explain this to me!" Repeat

And all the while he'll be very pleased with himself cause he's fooled people into thinking he's a massive idiot.

And when people tire of this and the buzz of attention dies down, he'll **** off to another topic if not another account so he doesn't have to deal with the embarrassment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What is this meant to be telling us? A few clips of balloons being launched, yes we know that things get launched by balloons for various experiments. That doesn't show anything about how these balloon launched satellites would then be doing a completely pointless route over a flat earth to pretend that they are flying above a globe for providing weather, GPS, communications or TV services. How do you get a geostationary "orbit" with your flat earth? How do you explain the non-geostationary orbit of the likes of GPS? Why do they go through the show of launching rockets that according to you have fake satellites on board?

Normally the serial conspiracy theorists here ridicule flat-earthers, that's their go-to to project they are "objective", but in this situation they are stuck in purgatory. Typically they flock to validate other conspiracy theorists, but in this situation they can't (unless Markus turns up) so we have this awkward silence, which is hilarious

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Getting on a plane and flying it to the edge to prove the earth is flat would be significantly easier than the flat earther who killed themselves trying to launch a rocket to try and prove the earth was flat. Why was he launching his rocket from somewhere in the US rather than heading out to Antarctica and trying to fly off the edge?

Oh yea, that ridicule was always contingent on no one on the forum actually being a flat earther.

I'm sure you remember when one fellow came up stirring up a stink about how holocaust deniers were obviously wrong and unacceptable and we were all assholes for comparing them to real conspiracy theorists, right up until the minute he realised that Cheerful was one? Fun times...

That guy is a pretty sad story.

The long and short of it was that he probably wasn't a dyed in the wool flat earther. He was more a stunt guy and daredevil. He was mixing in the flat earth stuff for funding and attention. The rocket he built wasn't entirely a backyard crazy person project either. It was a pretty serious piece of gear that could have gotten him pretty high. His actual flight goals weren't unreasonable either. He wasn't planning on making it to space or get to Antarctica, it was more him getting high enough to see curvature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hughes_(daredevil)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Thats obviously how it was charted and recorded back in 1892 based on information gathered from the region

As already mentioned you cannot fly your own plane out there without permission and you wont get that (Antarctic Treaty)

Also as already mentioned as nobody is allowed fly out there since the late 50's. An explorer Richard Byrd took 2 expeditions there, Operation High Jump in the 40's and Operation Deep Freeze in the 50's. He claims to have seen a lot more land out there around the size of N. America. After his return in 1956 he died in 1957, NASA was setup the year after in 58 and they started on the Treaty in 1959.

the US & Russia also started sending nuclear rockets upwards (Operation Fishbowl - nice choice of name) and a lot of the rockets just appeared to have hit a ceiling and exploded. This went on for a while, but the US claim that they started in retaliation to the Russians but coincidentally it all happened in the years following Byrds final expedition.

In answer to your question, whats out there? I dont know, but a lot of people would like to know

Post edited by Lex Luthor on

Its not my flat earth model, its an image created by someone

Take a look at the end of the video I sent showing how light is dispersed via a "dome" effect.

I'm not claiming there is a dome, but there is speculation that there is some electromagnetic field in lower earth orbit that was the possible cause of the nuclear rockets to explode in Operation Fishbowl

There are many flat earth models and images/videos, its still a learning curve and in my view questions to be asked and investigated

You are right, its actually not a secret, its in plain sight everywhere you look, but everybody believes its a globe because this is what they were told in school

Look at the logo of the UN, the WHO and the IMO to a lesser degree

International organisations all with the "flat earth" as their logo

Some say its a flattened version of the globe earth but look at it closely, its very similar to the Gleason map version

launch the rockets - keep up the illusion that we have a space agency sending rockets and people into space

Keep them looking up to distract them from looking out

You did ask me for proof of Satellites being launched by helium balloons & I do recall you all saying I was talking complete bo!!1x

Here's one from NASA themselves

In fairness Youtube arent blocking these, they are easy enough to find

Why would you rely on Gleason’s map that’s well over 100 years old. Why not use John Speed’s 1651 version? Why is it dismissed when you seem adamant that the older the science the better?

So not one person would try to prove the flatness by flying anyway? Or even sailing around the Antarctic coast to see if there really is no landing point? It would really be stupid to take Gleason’s word for it without checking it out.

How have people been on the continent of Antarctica if the ice wall is so high that boats can’t land, or planes can’t fly over it?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

why is every other orbiting celestial body in our solar system spherical EXCEPT for earth??

where are the pictures of flat mars, or flat Jupiter?

Who is this person you are referring to?

DO you think I am personally familar with every "flat earther" out there?

Do you know every globe earther?

Seeing that practically everyone believes that the earth is a globe, it’s surely more likely through your extensive research and networking that you know the majority of flat earthers.

• Advertisement

why do you say they are spheres? Just because they look circular in nature?

That doesnt mean its a sphere. Unless you can physically touch it and see it, you cant say its a sphere

Is the circular clock on your wall a sphere?

And believing what NASA tell you, that it is a sphere, is lazy

I can physically touch earth and confirm it’s a sphere!!

As for trusting NASA and so many others that came before them, along with maths….you are trusting a map from well over a century ago, and it’s extremely lazy. Why don’t you get on a boat and prove it’s correct?

Surely Gleason would have had more information at his disposal to produce a map

James Cook travelled around the Antarctic coast and recorded almost double the distance that the perimeter of the Antarctic states on a globe

I would imagine the ice wall drops off at some points to a lower area and shore line. Individuals cant fly over the Antarctic without permission and thats just not possible

As I said I'm still learning about this

Lol that's obviously a fake cgi video.

And no you were asked to provide a picture of a bunch of the satellites that are currently held up by balloons.

Show us the in flight pictures.

And yea man you're pretending to be a flat earther and are claiming there's a giant secret ice wall and secret super sonic planes and that all science is wrong cause tou can't understand it.

You've talked nothing but bollix.

You're doing so to troll for attention. It's the only thing you've left now without going full racist.

do you know the majority of people in your town as you all live in the same place?

OK. Please show photos of the planets that prove they are just disks.

No more of your cgi fake crap either thanks.

ok here's a video of Red Bull Space Dive

I'm going to suggest this as research for you all

its only just over 4min long but watch it through and keep an eye on the outline of the earth at various points in the video

Pause it as you watch and explain what you see, not to me but yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oKEJ1pXPw

There are no photos of the other planets as is there are no photos of earth as a globe

Any images you see are CGI from NASA and anything you can see from a distance using a telescope are circular, not spherical

But rhats not a satilite or a planet.

And it's also obviously all cgi bullshit from flat earthers.

Post a photo of a satilite that is currently in the air being used for telecommunications.

Why are you running away from doing this?

Also please show some pictures that show that planets in the sky are just flat disks.

• Advertisement

OK so you can't prove tour claim that the planets are just flat disc's.

Cool that means your claim is false then.

Advertisement