Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch 610 Dialler troubleshooting

Options
  • 02-01-2018 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I have the HKC SecureWatch 610 with a PSTN Dialler.

My suspicion is that the Dialler has not been working for the last while so I tried to test it through the keypad.

However, when I select "Serial Port Menu" it shows "Dialler Menu ?" with a flashing "?"

When I select "Yes" I get "Please Wait...." for about 30 secs and then it reverts to "Dialler Menu ?". I can't get into any of the other sub menu options in the "Serial Port Menu".

Anyone know what the likely issue is?

The land line is working. The "line in" connects to the Dialler first and then out of the Dialler to the phone.

This had been working before and no changes were made.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Was thus set up for monitoring or text?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Monitoring. It rings 4 numbers.

Just so I'm clear. This a HKC dialler that's connected to a central station?

Just so I'm clear. This a HKC dialler that's connected to a central station?

Its an Aritech TD8812.

Dazzy wrote: »
    Its an Aritech TD8812.

You won't be able to connect to it through the main panel as its not a HKC dialler.

• Advertisement

You won't be able to connect to it through the main panel as its not a HKC dialler.

Thanks.

Any idea how these devices would have originally been programmed or how I can troubleshoot?
    I've read that the voice/notification is recorded using a telephone handset. Can it be programmed this way also?

Is it possible to simulate an alarm activation without activating the internal and external bells? This should trigger the dialler so I can verify if its working.

Thanks.

Any idea how these devices would have originally been programmed or how I can troubleshoot?
    I've read that the voice/notification is recorded using a telephone handset. Can it be programmed this way also?

You'll need a CD3008 keypad to program it. It's not very straight forward and its been years since I've done one so can't tell you off hand, It must be a fairly old system. You could be better off buying a new stand alone voice dialler which are very easy to set up. It troubleshoot everything else before going down the reprogramming route.

Could you recommend a stand alone dialler?

Our posts crossed above. Is it possible to simulate an alarm activation without activating the internal and external bells? This should trigger the dialler so I can verify if its working.

Depends how it was wired and what triggers it. It could be wired into a bell output or regular output which would be programmed to trigger when there's an alarm condition generated on the panel. Have a look at the dialler. You'll see where the cables are wired into on the panel.

• Advertisement

Will see if I can turn the volume down on the bells and test it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Thanks.

Not unless you have the little voice module that piggy backs onto that dialler.

As Fred said, upgrade it.

kub wrote: »
    Not unless you have the little voice module that piggy backs onto that dialler.

As Fred said, upgrade it.

Any upgrade recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Could you recommend a stand alone dialler?

Our posts crossed above. Is it possible to simulate an alarm activation without activating the internal and external bells? This should trigger the dialler so I can verify if its working.

Something like this would be easily added to the system, can be triggered off the outputs also.

Advertisement