If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radius HD370 Failure

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

slave1 wrote: »
    Received the hum destroyer this morning but it looks like it does not allow any power to pass through as when I use it the sub will not power on at all via trigger so this is not a solution, going to try and return it.

So any advice please, a receiver with a trigger port should turn on a sub without any of this hum?
    Have you tried just using the R370HD without the trigger and setting the power mode to 'Auto'?

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Received the hum destroyer this morning but it looks like it does not allow any power to pass through as when I use it the sub will not power on at all via trigger so this is not a solution, going to try and return it.

So any advice please, a receiver with a trigger port should turn on a sub without any of this hum?
    Have you tried just using the R370HD without the trigger and setting the power mode to 'Auto'?
    Hi John, I was advised a few years back by MA not to do this as it will lead to earlier failure of my sub board so I've discounted it.
    Also it turns the sub off when there's no "effects" from memory and I'd miss say an explosion in a film in the few seconds it would take the sub to power on, plus I'd hear the click of the sub kicking in.......

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

...but I may be forced down that route, I'll try it out, just subs ain't cheap, would prefer trigger functionality

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John, I was advised a few years back by MA not to do this as it will lead to earlier failure of my sub board so I've discounted it.
    Also it turns the sub off when there's no "effects" from memory and I'd miss say an explosion in a film in the few seconds it would take the sub to power on, plus I'd hear the click of the sub kicking in.......
    slave the Auto mode is programmed to activate the sub whenever there is any signal present and it does not switch off immediately - if it was me I would use the Auto mode - that's exactly what its intended for - I have checked with MA and that's their advice as well.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I don't know where I got that piece about the auto being "bad for the board", was thinking about it after posting, I though it was MA when a previous sub of mine died when in its youth....
    I'm going to try the auto as I'm too far down this road to be turning the sub on and off every time an in any case the sub will be behind a material wall so I simply won't have access, thanks for chatting to MA.

If by chance you hear of someone sorting out the hum then please keep me in mind......

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I don't know where I got that piece about the auto being "bad for the board", was thinking about it after posting, I though it was MA when a previous sub of mine died when in its youth....
    I'm going to try the auto as I'm too far down this road to be turning the sub on and off every time an in any case the sub will be behind a material wall so I simply won't have access, thanks for chatting to MA.

If by chance you hear of someone sorting out the hum then please keep me in mind......
    Cheers Slave1.

We will keep our ear out.

Let us know how things go running in auto.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.