Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New O/U stiffness

Options
  • 02-01-2018 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Bought a new fabarm O/U last September and have put approximately 1000 shells through it so far. Lovely gun to shoot but I’m still finding it extremely stiff to open and close. Tried greasing it with good napier gun grease but to no avail. Found a solution online where by you adjust a set screw on the forend. This seems to manipulate the opening and closing tension but the problem I’ve found is if I’m happy with the opening and closing tension then the gun doesn’t open far enough to get the cartridge in the bottom barrel without having to force the stock past its natural position if that makes sense. Spoke to the RFD I bought it from and he seems to think fabarm. Ceaser Guerinis, and beretta all suffer from the same issue. Has anyone experience of this and more importantly a solution please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Most new guns that are over/under and side by side suffer from this it will work its way out. My Bettinsoli is nice and loose now after 10 years..could be worse could be very loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Most new guns that are over/under and side by side suffer from this it will work its way out. My Bettinsoli is nice and loose now after 10 years..could be worse could be very loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

When I bought my then new Beretta Essential she was stiff and horrible. I took it completely apart and hand fitted every part. Some bits even reworked under the microscope as I was used to reworking precision moulds under the microscope. Since then the O/U ist a dream to use, I even managed to get the opening angle slightly larger. I will not sell this gun and think it is of more value to me than a nicer looking fancy engraved... stiff... awkward gun.
    It can be done but it is a bit of work.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Needs to be broke in. Iv a 14 year old beretta 686 that did very little work and shes still very tight

Advertisement