Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Immermat 31100 immersion timer problem

Options
  • 02-01-2018 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me.

I have had a Flash Immermat 31100 immersion timer installed but the timer part isn't working. 'constant on' works as does 'constant off', but nothing happens when it is set to 'timed on/off' regardless of whether I have pins selected or not. The clock doesn't even keep time on this setting. I understood that it should keep time no matter what the setting, or have I got this wrong? The clock only keeps time when it is set to 'constant on', and pins are selected.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a pic of how it is wired.

Thanks in advance,
    Junipers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

At a guess the inputs and outputs are mixed up.

With the timer OFF measure the voltage using a multimeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You need to replace the whole timer. Personally I hate this type of timer. You could replace it with a digital timer with a boost button.

Edit : sorry I didn't read op correctly. I didn't realise that it was a new timer

Junipers wrote: »
    The clock only keeps time when it is set to 'constant on', and pins are selected.

This bit makes me think that the supply wires have been connected to the load side of the switch.

Try switching wire 1 with wire 4, AND wire 2 with wire 3.

MAKE SURE THE POWER IS OFF FIRST

(wires 2 and 3 would probably work reversed, but it's better to keep the supply and load wires as shown in the diagram)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Junipers

Thank you both for your responses. Brightspark, if it is already wired correctly, could switching the wires as you suggest cause any problems once I switch my power back on?

Thank you both for your responses. Brightspark, if it is already wired correctly, could switching the wires as you suggest cause any problems once I switch my power back on?

Was it working before? If it was it probably was wired ok.

You need to establish which cables are the feed, and which the load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Junipers

I just had the on/off bath/sink switches before which worked as normal, and I only recently got the timer installed but it never worked properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I just had the on/off bath/sink switches before which worked as normal, and I only recently got the timer installed but it never worked properly.

Call back the installer. 12 month warranty came with the timer when he bought it. You'll void waranty if you fiddle with yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

That wont cause any problem, if it was wired correctly already, and is then swapped to the wrong way around.

But it is likely swapping the 2 browns around will fix the problem.

Advertisement