Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease burden

Options
  • 02-01-2018 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I'm unsure where exactly to post this so mods, please move if required.

I am wanting to purchase some land to build a house. I've purchased the folio and there are lease burdens on it. They're from approximately 80 years ago and have a term of 500 years. Is this a significant encumbrance to purchasing and building a house? What are my next steps and who should I contact?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

jiminho wrote: »
    I'm unsure where exactly to post this so mods, please move if required.

I am wanting to purchase some land to build a house. I've purchased the folio and there are lease burdens on it. They're from approximately 80 years ago and have a term of 500 years. Is this a significant encumbrance to purchasing and building a house? What are my next steps and who should I contact?

If you look further there should be leasehold folios separate to the folio but relating to the same area . It is the leaseholds you will need to purchase to get possession of the site.

You will need a solicitor to advise really on the specific folio.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Closing as duplicate thread open over in legal discussion.........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement