Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

courier issue

Options
  • 02-01-2018 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if this is even an issue, but more to see if it happens anyone else.

I run my own business selling office supplies etc so use and get stuff by courier a lot. At some point or another iv dealt with them all DPD, Fastway etc.

Most of them there's no issue really, apart from one, not sure if i can name them or not?

Anyway iv been getting stuff from them for just under a year now, and more often then not the stuff is damaged. Especially boxes of paper. There's never anything damaged with any of the others. Can you actually make a complaint about it? To be fair most of the time the stuff is fine its just the packaging, it just doesn't look good when it gets to a customer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

cms88 wrote: »
    Im not sure if this is even an issue, but more to see if it happens anyone else.

I run my own business selling office supplies etc so use and get stuff by courier a lot. At some point or another iv dealt with them all DPD, Fastway etc.

Most of them there's no issue really, apart from one, not sure if i can name them or not?

Anyway iv been getting stuff from them for just under a year now, and more often then not the stuff is damaged. Especially boxes of paper. There's never anything damaged with any of the others. Can you actually make a complaint about it? To be fair most of the time the stuff is fine its just the packaging, it just doesn't look good when it gets to a customer

Why don't you have a word with the people you're buying from, explain the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You can complain to whoever you are buying from, as they are the people who have a contract with the courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭cms88

dusty207 wrote: »
    Why don't you have a word with the people you're buying from, explain the issue?

Well considering they rolled over to what the courier said on some things im not sure would that work, but its worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

You can refuse the delivery as the goods are damaged, make sure you take a few photos to prove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

good idea above.

if the seller loses money by refunding you, then they will care, as they are out the cost of the courier.
    if it happens repeatedly they will change courier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭cms88

Truckermal wrote: »
    You can refuse the delivery as the goods are damaged, make sure you take a few photos to prove it.
    good idea above.

if the seller loses money by refunding you, then they will care, as they are out the cost of the courier.
    if it happens repeatedly they will change courier.

Good idea. They're one of the big names. I dont know if its just here it happens or not, but more often than not there's some damage, and like i said its never the case with any of the others

Advertisement