Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pollock 10k PB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Ran a 5k PB to boot during it but blew up badly by all accounts then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

OOnegative wrote: »
    Ran a 5k PB to boot during it but blew up badly by all accounts then.

I think the course profile had a good bit to do with second half as well judging by reports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Its a point to point race from the Bernabeu through Madrid city centre to the Vallecana suburb in the south, so not a valid pb course with a net downhill profile.
    The positive split is not due to the second 5km being tough but the first 5km is all downhill
    Below is a screengrab from the route profile so i dont think too much can be gleamed from Pollock's run
    6QmRwOC.png

It is a good race from a tourist perspective as the numbers are good and really well supported by the locals through the city centre and madrid is a great city for New Years celebrations afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

cunavalos wrote: »
    Its a point to point race from the Bernabeu through Madrid city centre to the Vallecana suburb in the south, so not a valid pb course with a net downhill profile.
    The positive split is not due to the second 5km being tough but the first 5km is all downhill
    Below is a screengrab from the route profile so i dont think too much can be gleamed from Pollock's run
    6QmRwOC.png

It is a good race from a tourist perspective as the numbers are good and really well supported by the locals through the city centre and madrid is a great city for New Years celebrations afterwards.

Tnx, didn't realise that, you'd think the article would have mentioned it!!

TbL

Advertisement