Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will weed ever be legal in Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I can see no logical argument for not decriminalising for personal use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

A cannabis cafe has opened up in Waterford, it should be interesting to see how this develops.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/a-cannabis-coffee-shop-has-opened-in-waterford-872708.html

Looking at the type of product they have on offer, specifically the 0,1% THC bud, you'd have to wonder whether a significant increase in this type of business might be one way of pushing for legalisation.

I mean, should multiple cafes of this sort open, and they become popular and well known it would ultimately become a total waste of time, even more than it is now, for Gardai to try to enforce the current laws.

Confiscating 100s of users 'cannabis' only to have it show up as a legal product would make it far more hassle than it's worth to pursue and practically make the law unenforceable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

Hope not. Fùcking stink of it on the luas is disgusting.

Weed is for lazy cūnts anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Is there a weed cultivation company going cheap off NAMA and is Denis interested? If so, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

chrissb8 wrote: »
    I never answer these kind of threads but I'm feeling frisky today and will bite. I have a full time job, a degree, a good social life, friends, a partner and exercise 2-4 times a week.

I smoke everyday. That's not me tooting my own horn either. Am I saying that everyone is the same as me? No certainly not, I know some smokers as per your description. Just like alcohol doesn't suit some people weed doesn't suit others.

I'll offer an alternative view though and use the best example I know i.e. Me: That is, that weed heightens my experiences in life. I think laterally on it. Become more creative. If I listen to music or read a book I find I concentrate and absorb it better. But I also love sitting on my ass after a J and getting a takeaway too. It's great

My drinking on nights out has decreased hugely as the idea of smoking one or two and then waking up without a hangover is a lot more appealing on most occasions than drinking 7 or 8 drinks.

People who are lazy on weed are just lazy people in general I find. Also relatively boring and with not much else in their life. They find weed and then cling to it as their be all and end all. Sedating themselves throughout the days. Inevitably talking about it and the times they "were so stoned" as if that's all there is to life.

Then you have people who smoke and see it as just another aspect of their day to day life. Something they reward themselves with at the end of the day. Relaxing and turning off. It's not this thing that dictates their life. It just is what it is. Also find alot of people who are like this hate weed culture separating themselves away from the 420 stoner image. Just like maybe you've been pigeon holed as a drunken Irish monkey before you've even touched a pint before when in a bar in a foreign country when nothing could be further from the truth. It's the same with the stoner culture and smokers like this.

That said if things ever get too busy in my life weed is the first thing to go. As for the harder drugs argument most people I know on hard drugs every weekend would never toke a j but would get through half a bag of whatever is going in a night. Infact most weed smokers I know do hard drugs once in a blue moon. Again this is due to feeling like utter crap after it.

As for legality thing I would say yes to it. Ireland has a huge problem with drink and it would be a very welcome alternative for many. There is no viable argument for keeping it illegal par people's suspicions of what it does to you and just like drink it depends on person to person.

testimony of an addict. classic. living the dream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Graces7 wrote: »
    testimony of an addict. classic. living the dream.

You should smoke a joint Grace you might lighten up a bit. You havent a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Fromvert wrote: »
    It'll be legal for recreational use in Canada later this year.

I'm moving to Canada.

Must go and check my EC and pH.…...

A cannabis cafe has opened up in Waterford, it should be interesting to see how this develops.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/a-cannabis-coffee-shop-has-opened-in-waterford-872708.html

Its gonna be CBD weed, that we can already buy over the counter in many places. Nothing new here.

I'm dreaming...there should be a "Home Grown" section on boards....

50+ years of having a few cones, and I bucked the "trend".....oh it will lead to using the "hard" stuff.

yeah, just like ….. drink beer and it will lead you to the hard stuff.

Worked as an IT administrator in the Australian DoD.

Had a top secret clearance and everybody from day one knew I smoked pot and even admitted it in the clearance interviews(got to honest with Defence) and never had a problem.

• Advertisement

Corb_lund wrote: »

Come on, mellow out man...….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Cordell

thebull85 wrote: »
    Its gonna be CBD weed, that we can already buy over the counter in many places. Nothing new here.

It's called hemp, there is no such thing as CDB weed. That is, the industrial strain regularly grown for fibers.

Cordell wrote: »
    It's called hemp, there is no such thing as CDB weed. That is, the industrial strain regularly grown for fibers.

Mine's called Jack...….. Jack Herer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Corb_lund wrote: »

460729.gif
    True dat
    Look how it turned out for Elon

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

It's legal to get high now in California and other states in USA. Can anyone ever see it happen here? Personally I don't think so, if you look at our drinking laws etc we're actually a very conservative country. I still think there'd be uproar if they were to start talking about it for real. There are still lots of religious nuts here and there is of course Joe Duffy, our moral barometer.
    I like to smoke some maybe once every week or two after the pub, and so may people do. I don't particularly care that it's illegal, but I'd be interested to see if others think the laws towards it will ever progress.

Would hit pharmacists too hard in the pocket, medical marujana would kill market for many painkillers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭Harika

Would hit pharmacists too hard in the pocket, medical marujana would kill market for many painkillers.

Just make Marihuana only to be sold in pharmacies with licenses and they are on board. Colorado shows the money flowing in.

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    It's called hemp, there is no such thing as CBD weed.

Wrong.

Advertisement