Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with troublesome zone!

Options
  • 02-01-2018 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good evening all,

Looking for some advice regarding a troublesome zone. The zone is wired from the panel to kitchen window (Aritech GS613) to kitchen door (Aritech GS613) via two velux windows (magnetic contacts, not sure on model but assume Aritech).

The zone was fine for approx 9 months post install before it started playing havoc (false alarms I think/hope) ;)

The 1st time the installer called, he replaced the sensor on the back door and the problem appeared to have gone away until it started acting up again two weeks later.

The 2nd time the installer called, he replaced the sensor on both the back door and window but didn't change the velux windows. Again this only proved to be a temporary solution.

The 3rd time, he replaced the Aritech sensors with HKC one's. They seemed to have fixed the issue for about 3 weeks until it started playing havoc again recently.

The OH is at wit's end at this stage, Do I get all the sensors replaced on the Zone with like for like or swap them out for Wireless sensors?

Thanks
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Could be a cable issue. Sometimes it's hard to find faults. I'd switch over to a different pair on the cable in case there was an issue with it.

I'd also replace the other couple of sensors as well.

Advertisement