Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excess charges

Options
  • 03-01-2018 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

can you clarify what the charges will be for exceeding the FUP, the highlighted text below from your site seems contradictory.

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Is there a limit to my broadband usage?[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]eir Fibre Unlimited Broadband plans come with a Fair Usage Policy. For all customers on these plans, the Fair Usage Policy is 1TB of data. This translates to 1,024GB of data. To give you an idea, this would work out at 655,360 web pages (with 1.6MB average file size).
    While this is a huge amount of data, in extreme rare cases, we have had customers exceed this limit. For those that do a charge of €2.50(inc. VAT) for every 10 GB up to a maximum of €100(Inc.VAT) per month will apply.[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]How much will I be charged for exceeding my fair usage allowance?[/font]
    • Excess usage is charged at €2.03 per GB up to a maximum of €24.40 inc VAT per month.
    • eir Fibre packages with an unlimited usage allowance are subject to a fair usage policy of 1TB per month.
    • Usage in excess of 1TB will be charged at €50 inc VAT for every 10GB up to a maximum of €100 inc VAT per month.

Advertisement