Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change address, bank card scammed and notified fees

Options
  • 03-01-2018 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi BOI,

I hope this finds you well. 

I am writing to you in regards to the three points mentioned in the title. 

6 months ago, I moved countries and I decided to keep banking with you but seems you do not aprreciate my loyality.

In October I went to my branch and I asked one of the customer advisors to update my address which I was guided and changed it myself at the computer station at College Green branch. The problem here is it never updated since there. 

Recently I was on holidays and my bank card got scammed . The bank canceled my card in order to avoid any unauthorized transaction (which I apreciated) but I have not received a new card since there because my address is not updated yet at the bank system. Seriously? I changed it in October at the bank , how come it has not been updated yet?

Last weekend I updated it again at 365 online banking and I am still awaiting a txt message from the bank with the confirmation.

It is causing issues as I do not have much money in cash left and there is no way to cashdraw any amount as I am outside Ireland and there is no BOI here. 

I would ask more empathy from your side. My money is there and I have no way to touch it.

The last concern is in regards to a Notified fee that I do not have any clue of what this is about and I did not agree with that.

Please look into my queries as these are an urgent matter.

Many Thanks,

Eddie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Eddie84,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way and it certainly wouldn't be our intention.

When a request is made to update an address the process would be that you receive a confirmation letter in the post in which you need to take action and return to ourselves or text the code back to the number given. Once this has been completed the address would update on your account.

Once the address has been update you can request a new card through the online service desk or by contacting our customer care team.

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Regarding the notified fee, this quarterly fees are the charges for using the account throughout the previous fee quarter. These fees notifications are sent in the post or become available on 365 Online if you are registered for eStatements for that account.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]To view fees Notifications Online please do the following:[/font]

·[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font][font=Arial","sans-serif]Select Statements from main menu[/font]

·[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font][font=Arial","sans-serif]Choose the 2nd tab Statements and documents[/font]

·[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font][font=Arial","sans-serif]Select account from drop down.[/font]

·[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font][font=Arial","sans-serif]Choose the “Pre-Notified Fee Statement” from the other dropdown menu which should show ‘All’ by default.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif] All Pre-Notified Fee statements will then be listed in reverse order. Choose the Pre-Notified Fee statement you wish to view which will open in a new tab or window on your browser. You may print from this screen.[/font]
    Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Eddie 84

Just keep calling 1890 365 365, seems they can contact the change of address dept directly, might be able to help as they agree the system is rubbish. 

Good luck with the address change, I've been trying to change the savings account for some time. Funny the fact that my current account is registered to my new address doesn't seem proof enough lol. 

In the meantime just transfer funds to a mates account and have them get the cash out for you. 

If your student account time has run out welcome to the world of BoI bank fees, 1 cent contactless, 10 cent chip and pin, 30 cent atm withdrawal, 60 cent in bank service charge. They add up ;)

Good luck..

Advertisement