Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFree time out error

• 03-01-2018 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I have telephoned virgin media numerous times since Sep 2017 to sort out a problem with setting up a password to use Wi-Free, but unfortunately Virgin Media has failed every time to help me on this. From your website when I try to set up a password for Wi-Free a time-out error will appear which says:

" An error occurred due to a timeout, please try again later"

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It been broken for about 4 months now, possibly longer. Contact them and ask for a support ticket to be opened. The more tickets opened, the more likely they will hire somebody who can fix it.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057774969

Edit: might as well add, Support are very aware of this and basically lie to people telling them its their browser so they don't have to open a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PersianGulf

I think this is actually a deliberate fault made manually by virgin media!!! Yes they want this not to work, but they are not honest with their customers. They are not man enough to announce "this service is no longer available!", as I read comments this issue has been going on since June 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I think this is actually a deliberate fault made manually by virgin media!!! Yes they want this not to work, but they are not honest with their customers. They are not man enough to announce "this service is no longer available!", as I read comments this issue has been going on since June 2017.

I doubt it. I could guess what happened, Wi-Free is a bit complicated and was a UPC initiative, so it was probably set up by someone in one of UPC's larger country's in Europe.

UPC Ireland was brought under Virgin UK and is no longer directly connected with the global UPC IT support. And Virgin UK has no equivalent service. So odds are, some part of the automation has broken since the move and nobody in Virgin knows how it works or how to fix it. Or who is even in charge of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PersianGulf

Thanks Cuddlesworth, maybe..., but nevertheless, their honesty and customer care should be questioned...

Advertisement