Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account locked - Why?

Options
  • 03-01-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, I received a text from Eir to say my account has gone over the allowed limit and in order to resume service I need to pay some of the high bill. I called the number, and she told me my account is currently at €100.29. I need to pay €50 to enable my account again. 
    This is my first bill from Eir, Fibre just got installed a month ago for me. I don't have a phone line, only 300mb unlimited fibre, so how could I possibly go over my limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Hi, I received a text from Eir to say my account has gone over the allowed limit and in order to resume service I need to pay some of the high bill. I called the number, and she told me my account is currently at €100.29. I need to pay €50 to enable my account again. 
    This is my first bill from Eir, Fibre just got installed a month ago for me. I don't have a phone line, only 300mb unlimited fibre, so how could I possibly go over my limit?
    That word does not have the same meaning for you as it does for Eir, unfortunately. Search this forum for more examples of their dishonesty regarding this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fireball14013

woejus wrote: »
    That word does not have the same meaning for you as it does for Eir, unfortunately. Search this forum for more examples of their dishonesty regarding this issue.
    I see that alright. 1TB is chronically low for a FTTH customer who can potentially be getting 1000mbps. Also, I can't log in to my Eir account because it won't link my new account to my "myeir" login. So I can't actually see my usage limit. Also, why can't we get a text to notify us when we're approaching the limit?
    In any case, I need to find out if exceeding the limit is the actual reason. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I see that alright. 1TB is chronically low for a FTTH customer who can potentially be getting 1000mbps. Also, I can't log in to my Eir account because it won't link my new account to my "myeir" login. So I can't actually see my usage limit. Also, why can't we get a text to notify us when we're approaching the limit?
    Hi Fibreball14013, 

I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Fibreball14013, 

I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Fibreball14013, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey, PM sent now. 

• Advertisement

Hi guys, would there be any update? I've no broadband at home now. Thanks.

Advertisement