Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting blood/fitness tests in digital format from Dublin GP

• 03-01-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this thread, so feel free to move it if that makes sense :-)

I would like to get blood tests to track my fitness and health and I would like to export the results into the iPhone Health app. Does anybody know of a Dublin GP that will provide blood test results in a digital format?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

None that I'm aware of and I would be very surprised if you found one that did.

What parameters exactly would you be using to track your fitness?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Fly to Poland for a weekend.

They have many clinics where you can get your blood test. I have been doing it for years.

Last few times I average about 40 - 50 different tests per visit ( they tell you how much blood they can take vs tests)

It have never cost more then €50 for the blood tests per visit... Ireland is such a rip off.

Plus, we get to spend the weekend away. No alcohol night before, but we make up for it after the tests.

ok, missed the Dublin GP bit ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,675 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Fly to Poland for a weekend.

They have many clinics where you can get your blood test. I have been doing it for years.

Last few times I average about 40 - 50 different tests per visit ( they tell you how much blood they can take vs tests)

It have never cost more then €50 for the blood tests per visit... Ireland is such a rip off.

Plus, we get to spend the weekend away. No alcohol night before, but we make up for it after the tests.

And the bit where the OP asked if they could get results in digital format as opposed to anything about the cost of tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

You do know that in Ireland all your GP tests are free? That you only pay for the GP services.

So you get lots of data from blood tests. How do you interpret it? How do you assess its quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Doubtful as you cannot email results due to safety risks with email. Your results are considered confidential information. You might be able to swing it by signing a waiver or consent form. But probably easiest to just manually enter the data into your phone/app from the print out they will give you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mikelata

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Doubtful as you cannot email results due to safety risks with email. Your results are considered confidential information. You might be able to swing it by signing a waiver or consent form. But probably easiest to just manually enter the data into your phone/app from the print out they will give you.

Yes, manually entering the data seems like the only solution if they don't email results for safety reasons

Thanks to everybody for your contributions

Advertisement