Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan Query

Options
  • 03-01-2018 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, I just switched plan to eir Mobile SIM Only 400 10GB, and was told that the promo price does not kick in until the second month - when I queried this, your advisor said that it just said 6 months not first 6 months but after hanging up, I re-check you site and it clearly states (in 2 places) that its the first 6 months - can you shed light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CKTC

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][font=eir-medium-web, "Arial Medium"]Your Order Details[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, "Arial Bold"]Mobile[/font]
    eir Mobile SIM Only 400 10GB[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][font=eir-medium-web, "Arial Medium"]Monthly Payment Summary[/font]
    Base Price
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, "Arial Bold"]€25.00[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, "Arial Bold"]Online Savings[/font]
    5 Euro discount for 6 months
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, "Arial Bold"]-€5.00[/font]
    [font=eir-medium-web, "Arial Medium"]Total Price[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Medium, "Arial Medium"]€20.00[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]€20.00 a month for the first 6 months, final price of €25.00. See payment breakdown for more details.[/font][/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

Hi CKTC,

The reason the discount does not always apply to the first bill is to ensure you receive a full 6 months discount. 

When signing up you are automatically assigned a billing date and generally the first bill will be a slightly higher cost than what you are expected to pay each month. This is because the first bill covers the period from when your service starts up until your first bill, as well as your price plan for the month ahead. this is called pro rata billing.

- Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CKTC

eir: Kevin wrote: »
    Hi CKTC,

The reason the discount does not always apply to the first bill is to ensure you receive a full 6 months discount. 

When signing up you are automatically assigned a billing date and generally the first bill will be a slightly higher cost than what you are expected to pay each month. This is because the first bill covers the period from when your service starts up until your first bill, as well as your price plan for the month ahead. this is called pro rata billing.

- Kevin
    Kevin,

I am just switching plans and it doesn't kick in until my new bill date on Friday - Why am I being charged €25 for the first month, then €20 for the next 6 months - seems a bit suspicious to me - your website clearly states "first 6 months"

Advertisement