Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nigerian prince arrested!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Must of been copying Irish prices. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Must of been copying Irish prices. :pac:

Agh ****e ●_●

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I heard a story somewhere once that the scammers deliberately make those emails badly written, repetitive and ridiculous specifically because they only want to engage with those naive and/or stupid enough to fall for just about anything, as it makes it more likely that they will be able to complete the scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

There is a website where an Englishman actually baits them back and has even managed to extract money out of the scammers.
    Can't remember the name of it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    I heard a story somewhere once that the scammers deliberately make those emails badly written, repetitive and ridiculous specifically because they only want to engage with those naive and/or stupid enough to fall for just about anything, as it makes it more likely that they will be able to complete the scam.

Yes, this was from the Freakonomics authors, Levitt and Dubner. Basically the scammers want to eliminate false positives. The initial email is sent to millions of emails but requires little effort, where each reply requires effort by the scammer to follow up. The email is deliberately badly written and an obvious scam, so that the only people who reply are those gullible or stupid enough to fall for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Corrected thread name for OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I currently have $5,000,000 resting in my account, I just have to forward my bank details for it to be mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Twist ending.

He is white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

I have a fella on the line from Microsoft wants to help me "Clean" my computer.What ya reckon?
    Any help and I would be most grateful
    Regards Mr Gull E. Bull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

bear1 wrote: »
    There is a website where an Englishman actually baits them back and has even managed to extract money out of the scammers.
    Can't remember the name of it now.

419 eater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Twist ending.

He is white.

"Neu allegedly participated in hundreds of scams and wired money to co-conspirators in Nigeria."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

kingtiger wrote: »
    "Neu allegedly participated in hundreds of scams and wired money to co-conspirators in Nigeria."

Does that make him less white?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭futuremedic777

So Nigerians have been a scapegoat for decades for ...nothing

Advertisement