Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a High/Booster Chair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We have the Ikea Antilop one. Love it. Think it cost us around 23 quid with the cushion for the back of it. Every part of it can be wiped clean, it's super light so you can lift it with one hand while holding baby. Dismantles very quickly which is handy if you need to bring it somewhere. The legs are not too far out so less tripping over them! We are on baby number 2 for ours now and it is still perfect.

We actually bought another Ikea one for one set of grandparents as they don't mind leaving it in the kitchen corner all the time and for the other set, we bought a booster seat out of Mothercare that straps to one of the kitchen chairs. Both worked fine - handy to be able to leave them in the grandparents if they are spending a lot of time there!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Tips?Buy a second booster seat or small highchair for grandparents.Your head will be wrecked dismantling and loading it in and out if you are going on a regular basis.Believe me.If the grandparents will be doing the childminding, just get a chair for their house.You cart enough rubbish around for them as it is!
    That one looks fine otherwise.Only other suggestion I might make is dependent on how much space you have....we have a folding Mamas and Papas one which is great.I'll see if I can find a link....Anyway it can be folded up and the tray comes off and hangs on the back of it.Makes it easier to store behind the kitchen door or the like. Argos had it, I don't know if it's still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Harika

CheerLouth wrote: »
    We have the Ikea Antilop one. Love it. Think it cost us around 23 quid with the cushion for the back of it. Every part of it can be wiped clean, it's super light so you can lift it with one hand while holding baby. Dismantles very quickly which is handy if you need to bring it somewhere. The legs are not too far out so less tripping over them! We are on baby number 2 for ours now and it is still perfect.

We actually bought another Ikea one for one set of grandparents as they don't mind leaving it in the kitchen corner all the time and for the other set, we bought a booster seat out of Mothercare that straps to one of the kitchen chairs. Both worked fine - handy to be able to leave them in the grandparents if they are spending a lot of time there!

+1 The IKEA one is light, does the job, cheap and easy to clean. And IKEA now delivers ;) And two of them are cheaper than the one you listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

We have a Keter high chair and it's great. Very compact and easy to clean. Can be strapped on to the kitchen chair as a booster and turns into a junior chair for later.

Had a bulky highchair before with too much fabric and it was a nuisance. The

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Another vote for the Ikea Antilop. I've gone through a few high chairs and always end up going back to that one because baby sits well in it, it's light, easy to clean and cheap as chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Lodger81

Would recomend the Ikea chair as well. The simpler the design the easier to keep clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

We have this one:
    http://www.prams.net/mountain-buggy-pod-table-seat-flint-grey-25761?jt=1&jap=1o3&js=1&jsid=33839&jcpid=8a8ae4cd578244410157830075200226&jkId=gcp:se_33839:pp_77727680544:ag_34773386339:cp_674078284:n_g:d_m:cr_146750837179&gclid=CjwKCAiAm7LSBRBBEiwAvL1-L8WxrkBEcpmO76XiIzkZEyk9PUM0jb1U5f9n59ZNgNNmrnXT3zFjlBoC-AUQAvD_BwE

Clips to the table (if your table is suitable)
    Takes up no space and is very handy. We've a big sink so it fits in that to clean it easily. We don't go to the grandparents that often but we bring it with us when we do and it's no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Another big fan of the Ikea antilop over here!

It’s so cheap that we bought two and left one at my parents’. Way easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ikea all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

got the ikea one for the grandparents. we've a babydan danchair for home. our smallie was murder for kicking off against the table so we needed one which wouldn't tip backwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

We got a stokke trip trap when our 18mo was born. We had him in the infant seat from the day we took him home from hospital until he was 5-6 months. We never bothered with a tray, because I think its important to have him at the table with us. I love the trip trap and think it will grow with us (adults can sit in it, with a little reconfiguration).

He's going to have to get out of it in a few months though, to make way for his little brother or sister. Ill have to get him a booster at that stage. Or maybe ill get another trip trap. They arent cheap though.

Hes in a booster anyway in one of his grannys houses (since he was 1), and is in the ikea chair in the other.

I also got a lobster, which is great in theory and has come in very handy on occasion (visiting friends, on holidays, staying in houses with no highchairs, feeding other kids visiting us). But, in reality, most places we go to eat with him are baby friendly and have high chairs (generally, if they dont supply them its because they dont want babies there, and it's just stressful to be there). It's also really hard to keep clean.
    And pretty expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

As others have said, the Ikea one is brilliant. I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

It dismantles in seconds and you can put it in the dishwasher.

If you only buy one, transporting it would be simple but it's so cheap you could easily buy two. It's very space efficient when dismantled so grandparents could easily store one at their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I have a chicco and like it. Most high chairs I've used in other peoples houses too have been fine. The only complaint was one friend had a lovely wooden one and it got wrecked as the material is build into the wood. A removable cover and easy to wash is the best. I'd buy one for the grandparents house, it's a pain bringing a chair in the car and they are relatively cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

+1 for Ikea,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

ted1 wrote: »
    +1 for Ikea,

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Went with the Ikea high chair, now to assemble it, seems not to difficult. Not put junior in it yet.

Note to self never go to Ikea on a Saturday.. It's hell on earth 😲😲

Thanks for the suggestions.

Advertisement