Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

BillyBobBS wrote:
    Yes let's put our heads in the sand and pretend we don't have a problem.

Or, stand on a soapbox and make it into a massive problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,317 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Binzer wrote: »
    Even if it’s 0.01 % that pose a threat, a small minority can rage hell.
    Number of terror attacks in Poland, Hungary, Czech Rep and Japan amounts to a total of zero. They see their priority as protecting their own people.

All four countries have extremely low immigrant numbers, lower than most developed countries.

I'm not suggesting that as a solution to any potential terror threat by the way. Being too homogeneous can bring its own problems (as we saw ourselves in decades past).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Nesta99 wrote: »
    It would be best not to simply speculate on motives just yet. Nationality is incidental until more is known.

If you were stabbed would you speculate you were stabbed or would you try to protect yourself and seek medical attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Creative83 wrote: »
    Everything is racist to the PC brigade. Is it any wonder about Brexit & Trump... people are f****** fed up with this crap now.

That'll be the same Trump with record low approval ratings and losing the support of the working class with every passing day, and Brexit responsible for the collapse or the conservatives and the resurgence of the Labour party and the left in the UK?

It's 2018, that sh*t doesn't fly anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nah. The attempts to use the mans murder for twisted motives are coming from the ones using the hyperbole. Butchered, Rampage, Terrorist.

Twisted motives?! The man knifed an innocent individual in broad daylight for no reason on the streets of Ireland's largest town at 9am! He stabbed him to death with a knife. That's a butchering. Sorry if you can't handle a bit of descriptive language. He also attacked two more people with weapons. That can be fairly described as a rampage can it not? Or how many more does he need to rack up for that? Terrorist? Remains to be determined but it's got hallmarks of other attacks.

Unbelievable. Taking umbrage with words rather than anything else. Get your head back into the sand would be my advice. Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Equium wrote: »
    Have some ****ing respect.

See even the SJW can be ignorant pigs, not just us rasict realists

Actually yes the words used are a problem. They illustrate the murder being twisted for a sick narrative.

Newsflash, it is a sick fcuking narrative. Christ above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

As long as we make sure the Palestinian flag is flying for our muslim brothers.

****en joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

What other part of the world should the West make shíte of for decades before adopting the policy of "we'll take more of your raw materials, but not your refugees". We've done Africa and the middle east already.

Have “we”. What African countries have “we” Irish taken resources from? Or made shyte of?? Should we have white guilt for the actions of other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

****en joke.

Well that’s the Shinner left for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

If the bleeding heart liberal lefties had been listened to 15 years ago the pillar of sense right wing heroes would have a fcuk of a lot less to jizz their pants about in Europe right now. You understand that, everyone does.

Everyone already knows this, tbh. Anyone who denies it is kidding themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

This would make you think. Imagine getting stabbed by a random attacker and dying at 24 years of age. Horrifying world we live in to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

When did anyone from this group of people express any sympathy? All they are posting is rabble rabble... deport them all.... rabble rabble... only a matter of time.... all egyptians and syrians.....rabble rabble.... definitely a terrorist attack.

It is almost like circling the wagons in glee this happened.

Really Joey? it sure looks like the usual apologists were on here defending the attacker on here and throwing that old brown racist bigots insults around here, still amazes me that you support a religion where you are not allowed to be.gay and in some countries put to death. But hey that’s ok with you it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

****en joke.

Whats Palestine got to do with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Have “we”. What African countries have “we” Irish taken resources from? Or made shyte of?? Should we have white guilt for the actions of other countries.
    Some people like to wear their white guilt like a burqa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

We let the Americans use Shannon as part of their efforts to culturally colonise the middle east for political reasons. Like it or not, we as a country are part of the problem. Obviously nothing justifies the murder of innocent civilians, but to suggest that Ireland is entirely exempt from the blame for what has happened is ridiculous. We co-operated with a bloodthirsty regime of neo-crusaders under George Bush and we literally have absolutely no legitimate claim anymore to the concept of "Irish neutrality".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Omackeral wrote: »
    I wouldn't take Joey seriously whatsoever, mod or not, since he claimed that loads of settled people dump all their rubbish in Traveller sites and that's why they're in bits.

Jesus Christ ya serious?

We let the Americans use Shannon as part of their efforts to culturally colonise the middle east for political reasons. Like it or not, we as a country are part of the problem. Obviously nothing justifies the murder of innocent civilians, but to suggest that Ireland is entirely exempt from the blame for what has happened is ridiculous. We co-operated with a bloodthirsty regime of neo-crusaders under George Bush and we literally have absolutely no legitimate claim anymore to the concept of "Irish neutrality".

I must have missed the US war in Egypt or Africa. That white guilts got you confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Really Joey? it sure looks like the usual apologists were on here defending the attacker on here and throwing that old brown racist bigots insults around here, still amazes me that you support a religion where you are not allowed to be.gay and in some countries put to death. But hey that’s ok with you it seems.

I haven't seen anybody defending the attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

They will just give the usual corporate Spin, call it mental health issue and on the other hand their rich kid friends of today's Left will try to shut down any questioning of this latest diversity incident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

No, but in terms of things that actually happen, not the way things should be or what's right or fair, the terrorism occurring in Europe now is occurring as a consequence (an unfair, atrocious, but very easily foreseeable one) of the actions of some Western countries in the middle East.

I really can't be any clearer than that, but can't wait to see how that's twisted into I love terrorists, I'm crippled by white guilt or whatever other absolute horseshít people have to come out with to avoid acknowledging that very simple fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Jesus Christ ya serious?

It's called mental gymnastics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭patsman07

What does the War in Iraq have to do with people going about their daily life in Dundalk all these years later?

The perpetrator today was a baby, presumably in Egypt, when that happened.

Islamic terrorism very little to do with colonialism and a lot to do with Islam.

No, but in terms of things that actually happen, not the way things should be or what's right or fair, the terrorism occurring in Europe now is occurring as a consequence (an unfair, atrocious, but very easily foreseeable one) of the actions of some Western countries in the middle East.

I really can't be any clearer than that, but can't wait to see how that's twisted into I love terrorists, I'm crippled by white guilt or whatever other absolute horseshít people have to come out with to avoid acknowledging that very simple fact.

And the last 600 or so years when they were blowing the shyte out of each other? Who’s fault was that?? Or are they just violent fcukers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I haven't seen anybody defending the attacker.

Nobody has. And no-one has said it definitely isn't terrorism.
    And what happened is horrible. Someone died in a horrific manner.

All people have been saying is
    1) Don't jump to conclusions. Possibly wait for more information
    2) Don't blame a whole group of people for the actions of an individual.

dav3 wrote:
    That'll be the same Trump with record low approval ratings and losing the support of the working class with every passing day, and Brexit responsible for the collapse or the conservatives and the resurgence of the Labour party and the left in the UK?

Those figures from the same people and polls that told us that Trump had no chance and that Brexit wouldn't happen?

If this turns out to be a religiously motivated attack, it's incredibly serious situation. Even if it doesn't turn out to be religiously motivated, it does show others how easy it is to circumnavigate our border and immigration controls.

As always, my sympathy goes out to anyone affected by this needless attack. People from both sides are at least talking and debating here. There are valid points and good people on left and the right and conversation is good.

Unfortunately, alot of the usual suspects are also out on both sides, showing pleasure in defending and attacking Islam without any nuance or reason. They disgust me in equal measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

It's called mental issues

Think that's more apt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

And the last 600 or so years when they were blowing the shyte out of each other? Who’s fault was that?? Or are they just violent fcukers??

You do realise it's only the last 70 years or so that we haven't had a major war in Europe. And even during that time people here were blowing the shyte out of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Up until 1945 Europe was nearly perpetually at war with itself

From 60s - 90s there used be sparodic terrorist attacks by different political groups across Europe......

it's human nature to be violent? ?.....only the dead have seen the end of war

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    You do realise it's only the last 70 years or so that we haven't had a major war in Europe. And even during that time people here were blowing the shyte out of each other.

Was it the same 2 sects of one religion in Europe going head to head for all those years??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Nobody has. And no-one has said it definitely isn't terrorism.
    And what happened is horrible. Someone died in a horrific manner.

All people have been saying is
    1) Don't jump to conclusions. Possibly wait for more information
    2) Don't blame a whole group of people for the actions of an individual.
    You forgot...
    3)you are racist against brown people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭kravmaga

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0103/930792-dundalk-death/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42554127

the male suspect is in custody and is a 18 year old from Eqypt , Gardai investigating Terrorism as a possible line of enquiry.

Arrested on suspicion of murder, may have had 2 knives in his possession.

Gardai had dealings with the same individual only 2 days ago in Dundalk apparently on his Immigration status in ROI.

It was only a matter of time before this kind of incident happened in Ireland. We need to start doing Immigration checks on the border with Northern Ireland.

I would imagine this scumbag will be held in isolation in custody as I'm sure inmates would be keen to have a friendly chat with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

He wont reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

UK kicked him out and the authorities here seemed to be in the process of assessing his case here.

I hope he serves a very long prison sentence. What a waste of space.

EDIT: UK press are going to have a field day with this, as a 'perfect example' of having a soft border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Amazing how easy it is to spread fear and division if this thread is anything to go by. A guy got stabbed on the street and is now dead. As pointed out earlier it can happen from time to time mainly in large urban areas and it happened twenty years ago in these areas too. 9am is unusual alright, but with so many drugs about who knows, anything can happen out there. the Gardai are looking into how he got in from Egypt. People should let them investigate and draw conclusions when we are more informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Except it isn't though. Isis, who have claimed responsibility for most (all?) of these attacks have said so themselves.
    What’s important to understand here is that although some might argue that your foreign policies are the extent of what drives our hatred, the fact is even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning us, torturing us, vilifying us and usurping our lands, we would continue you to hate you because our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam.

not saying this incident has anything to do with terrorirsm or isis, just addressing this point.

RIP to the victim. The last thing you would ever expect to happen while going about your daily business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Even if what you say is true(let me be clear I don't for a second believe it is) What's the solution? Do we just accept semi-regular knife attacks/ lorries driving on footpaths as a consequence of having thousands of unvetted supposedly aggrieved people on our isle?
    Just take our medicine because we somehow all had a part to play in the civil wars of foreign nations or drone strikes in the middle east?
    Do you want to live in the type of society that ignores the plight of 1000 people because of the risk that one poses?

There are ways to help without lumping 1000 people from a completely different culture into your own back yard without the faintest idea on how to integrate them.
    Nah. The ones wetting themselves with excitement about Muslim terrorism could not care less about the victim.

Id love to dispel this ****e being trotted out aswell that somehow the posters concerned about terrorism raising its ugly head here as somehow being happy that our previously held opinions are potentially being vindicated by the death of a poor unfortunate just going about his day.

For myself and I presume the more reasoned posters on this side of the fence its a mixture of condolence for the japanese lad who was killed, a worry that we've multicultured our way into semi regular extremist attacks on ordinary citizens and a dash of "you bloody apologists and deniers were f***ing warned".

Jesus Christ ya serious?

Absolutely.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105353373&postcount=30

Never replied when called out on it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭trellheim

RIP to the victim. The poor man just going to work and this has to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

CZ 453 wrote: »
    I don't think there is a source. Just The SUN saying cops have confirmed it is a line of inquiry.
    RTE don't mention terrorism.

They will no doubt have liam cunningham on at some stage to lecture us on how we are not doing enough for immigrnats from Middle East and North Africa.
    Ah you know yourself. Any hint of anything related to Johnny foreigner and some people around here are wetting themselves with excitement that it might be terrorist related.

Terrorist or not an illegal foreigner to our shores killed a legal foreigner to our shore and then tried to kill some natives.

This guy should not be in our country, terrorist or not.

It looks like the Garda might have interacted with him over the last few days and knew he was illegal, they should have the ability, powers and cop on to take him into custody as an illegal.

We have had numerous instances of terrorist recruitment, murders, rapes and sexual assaults carried out by so called asylum seekers and yet nothing is fooking done about a clamp down on illegal immigrants.

And for your information a foreigner is lying dead on a slab tonight, many miles from his family and loved ones.

Of course for some very perverse reason you only care about the foreigner that would most likely fook you off the nearest tall building for your sexual preferences.

I find this is one of the weirdest social phenomena of the last couple of decades.
    The championing of the followers of one of the most homophobic and misogynistic ideologies by homosexuals and feminists.
    It requires a level of cognitive dissonance unheard of heretofore.

And that is the real lunacy here and would only be akin to members of the black community fighting for the rights of the KKK or Jews fighting for the rights of Nazis.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Absolutely.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105353373&postcount=30

Never replied when called out on it either.

So are we getting our traveller hate on in the muslim kicking thread now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Before what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Amazing how easy it is to spread fear and division if this thread is anything to go by. A guy got stabbed on the street and is now dead. As pointed out earlier it can happen from time to time mainly in large urban areas and it happened twenty years ago in these areas too. 9am is unusual alright, but with so many drugs about who knows, anything can happen out there. the Gardai are looking into how he got in from Egypt. People should let them investigate and draw conclusions when we are more informed.

Two knives and an iron rod, attacking 3 groups/individuals. Probably knew his time was up here, after being turfed out of the UK. Thankfully, we'll get more straight answers from the UK press over this, they seemed to have assessed this person as a risk, hence him being refused entry/right to stay in England.

Trending on BBC News. This will be politicised by them.. and over here, for entirely different reasons, by left/right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Virgil° wrote: »
    For myself and I presume the more reasoned posters on this side of the fence its a mixture of condolence for the japanese lad who was killed, a worry that we've multicultured our way into semi regular extremist attacks on ordinary citizens and a dash of "you bloody apologists and deniers were f***ing warned".

Yer man was two days off the boat as far as I understand it. What the jaysus has "multicultured" anything to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Amalgam wrote: »
    Two knives and an iron rod, attacking 3 groups/individuals. Probably knew his time was up here, after being turfed out of the UK. Thankfully, we'll get more straight answers from the UK press over this, they seemed to have assessed this person as a risk, hence him being refused entry/right to stay in England.

Trending on BBC News.

I'd like to know how he got to Ireland. Was it via the UK? Or Egypt?

Odhinn wrote: »
    So are we getting our traveller hate on in the muslim kicking thread now?

Number one, I don't hate travellers, sorry to disappoint you Odhinn. Where does anything in that post suggest that? Reach harder boy.

Secondly, someone was trying to hold that poster to a higher standard because of their Moderator status on another forum. I was telling them they didn't need to because the poster isn't a mod here and just spouts lies and doesn't respond when called up on them.

Have a super tolerant day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Can you please quote a poster who defended the killer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

trellheim wrote: »
    RIP to the victim. The poor man just going to work and this has to happen.

His family will have gotten a horrendous phone call at an ungodly hour, horrific tragedy.

Sadly there is a link between people from the middle east and rampages of this nature as there is a huge precedent over the last few years. Without getting into "Muslim bashing" it isn't something that other groups of people are particularly well known for, outside of the gun nuts in America.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

ThisRegard wrote: »
    At least one, yes.

There was a guy attacked in a random one punch attack the other day while getting into a taxi. Logic on this thread dictates because there was no reason for it it was a terrorist attack.

I hate racists.
    I hate discrimination.

I also call a spade a spade.

Muslim check
    Non Muslim victims
    Muslims using knives cars and trucks as weapons all over Europe for the last few years check.

Very very likely a Islamic terror attack.

Saying it might be anything else is clutching at straws and is extremely stupid.

One dead two injured not going to tiptoe around for fear of offending a backward and hateful cult.

That is my first and last post in this thread people on either side of the argument are trying to score points.

Have been through several pages and I have not seen a SINGLE post asking about the poor victims.

Just to say I don't have a problem with Muslims only Muslim terrorists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Whats your point then? All I see is you rattling on with whataboutism and absurd comparisons to drunken gob****es arguing over a taxi.

I never made any comparison to anyone drunk on a taxi, someone else brought up drink.

My point might a bit too obvious for you. Ask a grown up read back through the thread and explain as to who and what I was posting about.
    You're hard work. Assaults and punches are unfortunately part of today's society. Scuffles happen. I'm sure the majority of one punch assaulters aren't trying to kill people (they're still scum btw). A fella taking a fcuking knife onto the streets of a major town and butchering three people on a rush hour morning, killing one, is a bit different. If you don't see that, we've nothing else to discuss.

And I can't make it any simpler. Yes, it's part and parcel of life, it's not terrorism. I told you more than once that's the point I was posting about. And that's it, nothing more, nothing less.

You're making the work hard for yourself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement