Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

With some of the stuff shouted in his direction, there is no doubt that a decent proportion of the people that showed up to hurl abuse were racist. They wouldn't have bothered leaving their home if it was an illegal white Canadian had committed the same murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

let's forget somebody was murdered for no reason

let's forget it may have been even a racial attack

let's forget all that and pick out what few angry people in a crowd said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Why was there a baying mob, did he rape and murder a local child ? Did he butcher a local family ? NO. Where was the baying mob waiting for that polish guy or the brother of the guy, both who were stabbed.
    I think it was a bunch of right winger bandwagon muppets

He stabbed 2 locals, murdered a foreigner that lived in the town and attacked another local with a metal pipe randomly. God knows what would have happened if the local primary and secondary schools were open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

You do realise there was few Japanese people outside too? are they racist

Ah this gave me a laugh.

You do realise anyone of any race can be racist yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

There was nobody outside the courthouse were a polish man stabbed another polish man a few days ago.

pilly wrote: »
    Ah this gave me a laugh.

You do realise anyone of any race can be racist yeah?

sadly I don't find murder funny

You do realise people may be angry cause a innocent Person was murdered for no reason ya?

a man who came here for a better life and taken awayou.

what about his family and friends? **** them is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

An innocent Japanese man was murdered, and two other innocent people attacked, by a man who should not have been in this country.So whether it was not officially deemed a terrorist offence is completely irrelevant.A violent crime was committed, by a man who should not have been in our country in the first place.We have laws in Ireland and those laws apply to all of us.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

sadly I don't find murder funny

You do realise people may be angry cause a innocent Person was murdered for no reason ya?

a man who came here for a better life and taken awayou.

what about his family and friends? **** them is it?

Unfortunately that’s the attitude of the left. It doesn’t matter that a man died. What matters is that people are angry about the murderer and that he had a different pigmentation of skin so the angry people are racist and bigots.

Unfortunately that’s the attitude of the left. It doesn’t matter that a man died. What matters is that people are angry about the murderer and that he had a different pigmentation of skin so the angry people are racist and bigots.

and the funny bit is they mention nobody was outside for Polish man but had their been people outside for that they be calling racist too as he was Foreign National.

• Advertisement

and the funny bit is they mention nobody was outside for Polish man but had their been people outside for that they be calling racist too as he was Foreign National.

But why did they not protest outside for both? Why be mad at one & not the other?

via4 wrote: »
    But why did they not protest outside for both? Why be mad at one & not the other?

One was a person randomly attacking innocent people. The other was a fight between 2 people over a game of cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Ha ha ha typical leftist post, as I said it’s all about protecting the murderer with some of these of posts! Let’s not worry about the victims!

It's leftist to want a person to be put on trial? Measure for measure justice is not how society operates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

One was a person randomly attacking innocent people. The other was a fight between 2 people over a game of cards.

It’s quite telling that non of the usual suspects thanked HatrickPatrick’s excellent post from yesterday.

It’s quite telling that non of the usual suspects thanked HatrickPatrick’s excellent post from yesterday.

Same ones that tell us that Islam won’t affect us in Ireland. Chip, chip, chip.

“A Muslim campaign group says school uniforms should accommodate Islamic dress codes by allowing girls to wear full-length skirts, long-sleeved shirts and headscarves.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/islamic-dress-code-should-be-accommodated-in-schools-group-1.3346343?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

This thread has turned into a real eye opener for me anyway. Unbelievable stuff tbh.

As long as they can get the racist dig in who gives a f*ck what happened eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Typical rightest (am I doing it right?), always playing the victim card. You can’t even try to have a debate with them without them accusing you of calling them racist. Is it any wonder the right is finished in Ireland.

If you're making racial slurs outside a courthouse, yes, you're a racist. Just because your brain can't comprehend it, doesn't mean you're right. It means your brain is wired differently to normal people. Normal sane people don't try to justify racism.

Yes, racist scumbags travelled to vent their bile outside the courthouse. It was well known.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/reaction-to-dundalk-stabbings-ranges-from-sympathy-to-slurs-1.3346332

Anti-immigrant chants heard outside courthouse where Mohamed Morei was charged

A group of people scuffled with gardaí and shouted racial slurs at the accused Mohamed Morei as he was brought to Dundalk District Court.
    Last night, local politicians and community leaders said Dundalk is a welcoming town for its large number of foreign residents, many of whom work in Paypal or in the National Pen facility where Mr Sasaki was employed.

“Dundalk has many foreign nationals living and working within it without problem. We need these people despite what these racists have to say,” said Fianna Fáil TD Declan Breathnach.

“What really annoys me is there are people on social media who aren’t even from Dundalk trying to intimidate and divide its people. And that won’t happen because the people are rallying around the family of Yosuke,” Fine Gael Councillor John McGahon said.

“Things like those posters are being done by such a small minority who are giving our town a bad name. Dundalk has everything going for it. There is more in our town to unite us than to divide us.”

Anne Campbell, a Sinn Féin councillor said most Dundalk people were “horrified” by the scenes outside the court, but she expressed concern about a “vocal minority” within the town who she said were capitalising on the attacks.

“Things are a little bit more difficult for a non-white Irish person today. It highlights the work we have to do.”

Oh dear....

This thread has turned into a real eye opener for me anyway. Unbelievable stuff tbh.

As long as they can get the racist dig in who gives a f*ck what happened eh?

Its best just to know ignore hateful, arrogant and mentally ill people like ones you mention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

“A Muslim campaign group says school uniforms should accommodate Islamic dress codes by allowing girls to wear full-length skirts, long-sleeved shirts and headscarves.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/islamic-dress-code-should-be-accommodated-in-schools-group-1.3346343?mode=amp

And see who is at the forefront of the campaign..
    The same chappy who has said that he would like to see Sharia in Ireland and threatened legal action, under the stupid blasphemy law, against any media printing the Charlie Hebdo images.
    I wonder was he the same person behind the Clonskeagh Mosque Vote No during the same sex marriage referendum.

There have been plenty of occasions over the years when people have gathered outside Garda Stations or Courts to hurl abuse at the accused.
    It depends how emotional people get about what the accused has been charged with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Can he be tried without any verifiable identity.

Im sure it'll be a big problem and make the sentencing much lengthier, but if somebodys committed a crime they need to be punished for it regardless of whether they can or can't prove who they really are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Don't forget he was homeless to boot, so he ticks all the right boxes :D

What's the term all homeless campaigners/housing-is-a-right crowd use, was it "forever home".

Well he's got his forever home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The way reporting is going in this country now, there may be thousands of assaults perpetrated by these undocumented.

But we cannot say anything for fear of being called racist. Just saying.

Yes, you are the real victim here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

let's forget somebody was murdered for no reason

let's forget it may have been even a racial attack

let's forget all that and pick out what few angry people in a crowd said.

Most people who gets murdered is for no reason,
    what a stupid statement

There was nobody outside the courthouse were a polish man stabbed another polish man a few days ago.

That was my point exactly, thank f**k someone has a bit of cop on here

what a stupid statement

You did not even read my comment then

It was still a random attack you muppet,
    It wasn't like he planned killing his mate because he wanted to play domino's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

what a stupid statement

Not in the slightest. What an absolutely thick statement. One of the dumbest I've ever read on boards.

Muppet? Nice personal abuse. Secondly, look up what the word random means if you're gonna try to be a smart arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Reported for personal abuse. I suspect this one would like the thread closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: glenfieldman, do not post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

To be fair, promotion of one religion over another, especially in state schools, is a great way to drive a wedge between communities. Can't blame a minority religion for saying "We exist too."

I'd prefer all religious iconography and barriers to entry were scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

How exactly does that affect you or anyone you know? How does it affect anyone but those who wish to dress like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

will we have to wait years for a trial to find out what happened when the came across him on jan 1st ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

How exactly does that affect you or anyone you know? How does it affect anyone but those who wish to dress like that?

Because they might do MUSLIM THINGS!

And he might just ****ing explode at the thought of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

There was very similar scenes outside Dundalk Courthouse early last year. When the man accused of Irene Whites murder was led into court through the exact same doors.
    A similar amount of people outside and a similar amount of very angry people shouting anything and everything that came to mind in the few seconds of available 'abuse' time.
    It was no different!? Yes one person if I heard correctly shouted anti Muslim abuse. But other than that NO DIFFERENT.
    Both men were hated equally.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

There was very similar scenes outside Dundalk Courthouse early last year. When the man accused of Irene Whites murder was led into court through the exact same doors.
    A similar amount of people outside and a similar amount of very angry people shouting anything and everything that came to mind in the few seconds of available 'abuse' time.
    It was no different!? Yes one person if I heard correctly shouted anti Muslim abuse. But other than that NO DIFFERENT.

I hate every inch of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Does he have a 132 page thread on after hours too?

I hate every inch of you.

That's... weird.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's... weird.

Johnny Cash ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Because it’s backwards, it marks Muslim kids as different, why should they dress different from their classmate that’s a form of segregation! If the head of the Catholic Church asked for all the girls to dress like Nuns you and the gang would be up in arms about it!

To be fair, promotion of one religion over another, especially in state schools, is a great way to drive a wedge between communities. Can't blame a minority religion for saying "We exist too."

I'd prefer all religious iconography and barriers to entry were scrapped.

I’d back that 100%

Chip, chip, chip

Because it’s backwards, it marks Muslim kids as different, why should they dress different from their classmate that’s a form of segregation! If the head of the Catholic Church asked for all the girls to dress like Nuns you and the gang would be up in arms about it!

They are the exact same people who would say ‘should all Jews wear stars tagged to their clothing’. Their mental gymnastics are up there with Nadia Comenachi”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

You can't ****e yourself in this country without someone knowing about it.

If there were 1000's of assaults, it would be everywhere. You don't say anything because you'd be called a fear monger, or a fool. Not a racist.

in fairness, my assault was not reported in the media. the two guys were caught (by us) so no need for a garda appeal for info etc. We would not run to the papers/post on facebook/start a go fund me so apart from my friends and family no one knew about the assault. Not every assault makes headline news, this was outside the norm plus a man died so it made the news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

dav3 wrote: »
    Typical rightest (am I doing it right?), always playing the victim card. You can’t even try to have a debate with them without them accusing you of calling them racist. Is it any wonder the right is finished in Ireland.

If you're making racial slurs outside a courthouse, yes, you're a racist. Just because your brain can't comprehend it, doesn't mean you're right. It means your brain is wired differently to normal people. Normal sane people don't try to justify racism.

Yes, racist scumbags travelled to vent their bile outside the courthouse. It was well known.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/reaction-to-dundalk-stabbings-ranges-from-sympathy-to-slurs-1.3346332

Anti-immigrant chants heard outside courthouse where Mohamed Morei was charged

A group of people scuffled with gardaí and shouted racial slurs at the accused Mohamed Morei as he was brought to Dundalk District Court.

That is disgraceful. But to me the whole practice of allowing photographers, TV cameras and member of the public being allowed to stand outside courthouses is a thoroughly wrong practice imo. It doesn't serve any kind of positive purpose and it allows these kinds of things to which you refer occur. As I understand it justice need to be 'seen to be done'. That can be adequately provided for in written text and verbal tv reports without allowing the media to whip up a frenzy by providing video footage, from which they themselves benefit in terms of viewership. In some cases the accused isn't guilty at all, and how fair is that when their face has been plastered all over the media.

Sure it’s just like a day out for them thinking they are great heading up to the courthouse shouting abuse & they would be the last people to donate to the repatriation or attend the vigil but sure in their minds they are right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Sure it’s just like a day out for them thinking they are great heading up to the courthouse shouting abuse & they would be the last people to donate to the repatriation or attend the vigil but sure in their minds they are right.

If there’s an opportunity to be publicly loudly racist and get away with it, they’ll travel hundreds of miles to be there.
    Nothing to do with outrage at the death of an innocent man.
    Sure they would have been complaining about him and his Brit girlfriend taking jobs off Irish people anyway.
    It’s just an opportunity to bellow and roar racist slurs and not get pulled over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

splinter65 wrote: »
    If there’s an opportunity to be publicly loudly racist and get away with it, they’ll travel hundreds of miles to be there.
    Nothing to do with outrage at the death of an innocent man.
    Sure they would have been complaining about him and his Brit girlfriend taking jobs off Irish people anyway.
    It’s just an opportunity to bellow and roar racist slurs and not get pulled over it.

Like shouting 'Allah Akbar' at Dublin Airport arrivals when a certain Dublin 'teen' arrived home? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Augme

It's quite disturbing that you consider school girls being allowed to wear full-length skirts has a direct effect on you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement