Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And yet the hate is actually coming from such people.

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

so if the problem is not illegals what difference will a hard border make? You need to make your mind up as to what you think the problem is.

The problem is very simple, the member states of the EU do not know who has entered and where exactly they are. Over three quarters of all refugees have no documents and major mistakes were made processing them on entering the EU. These mistakes are not to be reversed. All Ireland can do is either:

1. Hope England after Brexit closes its borders and starts correctly documenting/controlling the movement of asylum seekers within the UK.

2. Control the borders ourselves and put holding/clearing centers in place to hold asylum seekers until identity etc. is comfirmed. Likewise the government has to accept that the Islamic extremist problem is already in Ireland and it is stupid to try and deny it.

There is an awful habit of Irish people thinking we will be grand or it was a once off. That of course suits the government/cops....because they Gardai are streched to their limits as it stands without further stress on the system.

One question that still has to be answered:
    How did Morei know that the house he was squatting in was empty and he would be undisturbed there?? There was a light which went on at night in the house and it was not exactly in a state of disrepair.
    Also what did the gardai take out of the house once they had raided it and how did they know to raid it within an hour of the attacks. There are a lot holes in the list of events and the reasoning for those events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The problem is very simple, the member states of the EU do not know who has entered and where exactly they are. Over three quarters of all refugees have no documents and major mistakes were made processing them on entering the EU. These mistakes are not to be reversed. All Ireland can do is either:

1. Hope England after Brexit closes its borders and starts correctly documenting/controlling the movement of asylum seekers within the UK.

2. Control the borders ourselves and put holding/clearing centers in place to hold asylum seekers until identity etc. is comfirmed. Likewise the government has to accept that the Islamic extremist problem is already in Ireland and it is stupid to try and deny it.

There is an awful habit of Irish people thinking we will be grand or it was a once off. That of course suits the government/cops....because they Gardai are streched to their limits as it stands without further stress on the system.

How did Morei know that the house he was squatting in was empty and he would be undisturbed there?? There was a light which went on at night in the house and it was not exactly in a state of disrepair.
    Also what did the gardai take out of the house once they had raided it and how did they know to raid it within an hour of the attacks. There are a lot holes in the list of events and the reasoning for those events.

if you think the problem is simple then you dont understand it.

if you think the problem is simple then you dont understand it.

The problem is very simple.....Merkels open door policy for all asylum seekers from Syria and Afganistan was the fcuk up. Then the EU made it worse by allowing these people to start moving within the EU before they were registered correctly or identified. This resulted in the case that a lot of young lads from Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia entered the EU claiming to be Syrian and have gone off the radar since or their fake identities have never been exposed.

The solution for the problem.....that aint so simple and that is the real problem we face today ;)

And before you start making statements like you made....I suggest you leave the wee island you call home and come out to mainland Europe and try working with these people to integrat and educate them. The reality and what you read in the newspapers, CNN or the Discovery channel is very different and something us westerners will never really understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

via4 wrote: »
    There was nobody outside the courthouse were a polish man stabbed another polish man a few days ago.

what the f**k has that got to do with anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

The problem is very simple.....Merkels open door policy for all asylum seekers from Syria and Afganistan was the fcuk up. Then the EU made it worse by allowing these people to start moving within the EU before they were registered correctly or identified. This resulted in the case that a lot of young lads from Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia entered the EU claiming to be Syrian and have gone off the radar since or their fake identities have never been exposed.

The solution for the problem.....that aint so simple and that is the real problem we face today ;)

And before you start making statements like you made....I suggest you leave the wee island you call home and come out to mainland Europe and try working with these people to integrat and educate them. The reality and what you read in the newspapers, CNN or the Discovery channel is very different and something us westerners will never really understand.

And i seriously believe that Merkels opening of the door to all and sundry contributed to Brexit. The vote was close. It was all over the British media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

I didn't want to reply without allowing you to clarify this. Who are you referring to above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Fair play to the people of Dundalk when more than 1,000 people attended a candlelight vigil for Yosuke Sasaki in the town last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Some awkward info leftists won't want to know

https://twitter.com/markhumphrys/status/950701342904999936

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

That guy wouldnt know a fact if it hit him in his stupid face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Kivaro wrote: »
    Fair play to the people of Dundalk when more than 1,000 people attended a candlelight vigil for Yosuke Sasaki in the town last night.
    I was there. It was very moving. I thought there were about 15/16 hundred there myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That guy wouldnt know a fact if it hit him in his stupid face.

Go on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

It is truly annoying that the Irish media certainly swept this incident under the carpet.
    There was a report on Morning Ireland a day after it happened. Basically they were reporting that there was no evidence of terrorism.
    If it wasn't terrorism, what was it?
    A migrant nervous breakdown incident.
    I am cracking up here in Dundalk so I need to go on a stabbing spree targeting random people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Some awkward info leftists won't want to know

https://twitter.com/markhumphrys/status/950701342904999936

This is where moderate Islam in Ireland should step up to the plate by not inviting extremists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

It is truly annoying that the Irish media certainly swept this incident under the carpet.
    There was a report on Morning Ireland a day after it happened. Basically they were reporting that there was no evidence of terrorism.
    If it wasn't terrorism, what was it?
    A migrant nervous breakdown incident.
    I am cracking up here in Dundalk so I need to go on a stabbing spree targeting random people.

Is there any particular reason you dont accept the Gardai summation on this, you know, the people who interviewed him?

Is there any particular reason you dont accept the Gardai summation on this, you know, the people who interviewed him?
    I can't imagine a reason to not trust everything the Gardai say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is this some reasons we don't believe the gardai?

I used to believe that. I also used to believe that they carried out 1,458,221 more breathalyzer tests than they actually did.
    So no MonkeyTennis, I would be reluctant to accept that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I used to believe that. I also used to believe that they carried out 1,458,221 more breathalyzer tests than they actually did.
    So no MonkeyTennis, I would be reluctant to accept that.

If they said it was terrorism, would you be reluctant to believe that also?

Billy86 wrote: »
    I would if i thought they were withholding information?

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »

Frankly yes. but there was very little probing from the media with the Dundalk case which is the infuriating part.
    When they have the Shinners on Morning Ireland they are probed with rubber gloves. Every second sentence is "Will you let me finish my point, you asked the question", but with this case, there was no probing whatsoever.
    Nobody asked why did he carry out this act? What was his background? Did his family have a history of violence? Was he on Interpol's watch list?
    What was his web browsing history?
    RTE's crime correspondents should have been pestering the Gardaí looking for answers.
    Still none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This is where moderate Islam in Ireland should step up to the plate by not inviting extremists.

And we in turn will exile mark humphrys. No, no need to thank us, the pleasure is ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Odhinn wrote: »
    And we in turn will exile mark humphrys. No, no need to thank us, the pleasure is ours.

Why would you have a problem with Humphrys unless you are pro IRA and anti semitic?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    Why would you have a problem with Humphrys unless you are pro IRA and anti semitic?

I take it thats humour.

I take it thats humour.

I follow his twitter account, my memory is if people attack him its because of those 2 positions, so which is it :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Frankly yes. but there was very little probing from the media with the Dundalk case which is the infuriating part.
    When they have the Shinners on Morning Ireland they are probed with rubber gloves. Every second sentence is "Will you let me finish my point, you asked the question", but with this case, there was no probing whatsoever.
    Nobody asked why did he carry out this act? What was his background? Did his family have a history of violence? Was he on Interpol's watch list?
    What was his web browsing history?
    RTE's crime correspondents should have been pestering the Gardaí looking for answers.
    Still none the wiser.

The man in question has been charged with murder. Releasing a load of information / assumptions / conjecture is considered prejudicial to a fair trial in this country. It is not the USA where the DA and Defence carry out public media campaigns in support of their side of the argument. In this country the Guards could be done for contempt of court if they released anything other than bare facts - man died...man arrested... man charged sort of stuff.

You will just have to bide your time for that thing we call a trial.

I follow his twitter account, my memory is if people attack him its because of those 2 positions, so which is it :pac:

Well according to him, if you think about it, people only attack him because hes right and they're wrong. He's right, all right, if not nessecarily in the way he thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

how about option three?

Edited because I was a very naughty boy and won't be doing that again

Well according to him, if you think about it, people only attack him because hes right and they're wrong. He's right, all right, if not nessecarily in the way he thinks.

whats his worst position then? he is anti Trump, anti SF/IRA , pro Israel and anti Islamic extremism.

• Advertisement

whats his worst position then? he is anti Trump, anti SF/IRA , pro Israel and anti Islamic extremism.

He's an arrogant far right fruit loop - a nobody really. He thinks israel is some bulwark against an islamic invasion - mad stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Grayson wrote: »
    how about option three?

3) He's a cnut.

Couldn't agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He writes for the Sun, that's all I need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

that would mean britain having to pay for the staff to enforce the border. that's hardly likely now is it?

Which border? The one between NI and ROI or the actual border of GB?

Surely if they pull out of Europe they'll have a stringent border control for GB? I wouldn't be too sure what the situation will be between NI and ROI though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

mfceiling wrote: »
    Surely if they pull out of Europe they'll have a stringent border control for GB? I wouldn't be too sure what the situation will be between NI and ROI though.
    Considering the money and resources the UK puts into defending their border from all those massing around the Calais area to get in, I would be more concerned about Rosslare being the weak point of Ireland's borders.
    OK it was Dundalk this time, but next time it could be somewhere in Wexford.

How can you believe a word the Gardai say about this.

1. They claim they have his name and age, however cant confirm his nationality infornt of a judge in court. Now how did they confirm his name and age if they have no official document to confirm it??? Documents needed for this would be a passport or birth certificate...which they clearly havent got....so basically he told them his name and age and they believe him.

2. Why did the Gardai instruct for the removal of a facebook profile and pictures that were claimed to be the attacker by an Irish facebook page??? The pictures and profile where shared with political parties, news papers, action groups and Gardai.....none of them have mentioned it.

3. Why havent they made a statement to the squat he was staying in and what they removed from it soon after his arrest (kill off news paper speculation) ??? A house which is not lived in but looked after, lights go on and off in the evening, gardens are in ok condition and some neighbours were suprised that it wasnt lived in. How did Morei know this house was not lived in and that he could use it. It is not in the center of town and he would have to go off the beaten track to find it, watch it and break in. That all in 2-3 days???

4. Why havent they followed suit with other EU countries and said it like it is??? Belgiums, Germans, Swedish, French, Spanish......they all keep their citizens updated in such cases, maybe not the info people want but info is released as soon as something new of public interest is known. However Ireland which has a streched police/military are keeping shut and saying he is to get a fair trial(whenever that is or if he doesnt commit suicide before).....One question the the Garda commisioner should maybe answer....how many extra Gardai would be needed if it was a terror attack and how would they secure the border and Irish citizens???

Somehow I have a feeling that the Gardai and co dont want it to be a terror attack. Would bring too many problems and complications with it. Better if it is a young man who was mixed up....could have been anyone.

• Advertisement

How can you believe a word the Gardai say about this.

Because they're following the usual procedure followed in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

He has an account here. What way does that work in regard to calling him a c*nt and a far right fruit loop etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Somehow I have a feeling that the Gardai and co dont want it to be a terror attack.
    Especially as they encountered him a day or two before the attack, discovered he was an illegal immigrant, but instead of detaining him they advised him to head for Dublin.

Its just as well he didn't get there, because there might have been a lot more fatalities in a big crowd compared to the sparse number of victims he caught in the actual attack.

Because they're following the usual procedure followed in this country.

Get away out of that...there is a feud going on in Dublin between 2 families and you can read about it and its targets on a daily/weekly basis in the press. Funny how the press know exactly who has been informed that their lives are at risk and who the Gardai are speaking too/monitoring. The Gardai speak when it suits them.

He has an account here. What way does that work in regard to calling him a c*nt and a far right fruit loop etc?

Sure arent we all that if we dont have the same opinion as a certain group???

• Advertisement

recedite wrote: »
    Especially as they encountered him a day or two before the attack, discovered he was an illegal immigrant, but instead of detaining him they advised him to head for Dublin.

Its just as well he didn't get there, because there might have been a lot more fatalities in a big crowd compared to the sparse number of victims he caught in the actual attack.

You mean its lucky he didnt get into Dundalks town center....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

It doesn't change a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

This is one reason I think he was deranged rather than a terrorist. He attacked in a quiet area of town. He could have gone to the Marshes shopping centre and injured or killed dozens of people. If his aim was to take as many people with him as possible he would have seen from squatting on the Avenue Road that it was not the place to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Grayson wrote: »
    how about option three?

3) He's a cnut.

Reported abuse of an active boards.ie member

He's an arrogant far right fruit loop - a nobody really. He thinks israel is some bulwark against an islamic invasion - mad stuff.

Reported your post abuse of active boards member!

This is one reason I think he was deranged rather than a terrorist. He attacked in a quiet area of town. He could have gone to the Marshes shopping centre and injured or killed dozens of people. If his aim was to take as many people with him as possible he would have seen from squatting on the Avenue Road that it was not the place to do it.

Of course he was deranged. Who takes 2-3 knives out with them with the intention of killing or injuring someone....also pyschologically instable.

As I have already said...there are a lot of questions open, the biggest one being how did he know the house was empty??

Maybe he believed he could get into town unnoticed to continue...
    Maybe he was trying to spread the Garda resources...in the hope of getting further
    I have heard he tried flagging down a taxi after the second attack. Taxi drivers speaking openly about it.
    Maybe he was sure he would be hit by armed cops quicker if he wasnt in the town center.....

this is what the ST says via their garda sources
    He was taken to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) in Dublin after indicating that he wished to apply for asylum, and was offered temporary accommodation in a direct provision centre.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eu-inquiry-on-identity-of-stabbing-suspect-kf0zddxzb

this is what the ST says

He was taken to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) in Dublin after indicating that he wished to apply for asylum, and was offered temporary accommodation in a direct provision centre.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eu-inquiry-on-identity-of-stabbing-suspect-kf0zddxzb

If thats the case then
    1. He was no longer an illegal in Ireland. He was known to the INIS and would have been seen as an asylum seeker (in process). Only upon the end of the process could they have asked/forced him to leave.

2. Did he present himself in Dublin and if so when and when did he return to Dundalk

3. Where did he get the money to do the travelling to and from. What was he living from?

4. Did he have support??? Someone helping him move around, someone tell him where he could stay???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Reported your post abuse of active boards member!

Thought it was only the "leftist snowflakes" who got offended over nothing?

Thought it was only the "leftist snowflakes" who got offended over nothing?

Why? you lefties as you call yourself pretty quick to hit the report button on other members Mark has contributed to a number of threads on here and should have the same rights applied as all other posters on here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement