Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PL: Arsenal Vs. Chelsea-19:45 Emirates

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Costa stays, Chelsea win that game.

Morata was an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Don’t support either side but really enjoyed that game, too often Epl games are drab and lifeless, but that was great -from the atmosphere to the action on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

He kicked hazard , soft peno but he gave the ref a decision to make with a stupid tackle ,

When your talking about 12 men , tell me why jack wasn’t given a second yellow and sent off for his cheating ?
    The ref was poor for both sides. Wilshere should have been off before he scored, and irt wasn't a penalty. What contact there was (and it was minimal) was nowhere the shin Hazard was clutching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hes been like that all season, if he finished half the chances hes missed hed have about 20 pl goals.

Conte's transfer policy has Costa Chelsea this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I reckon we could have wheeled Drogba into the stadium tonight and he'd have scored one of those Morata chances, its an embarrassment that hes missed 3 sitters.

Both GKs made fine saves but some terrible finishing from Lacazette and even worse finishing from Morata kept the score down.

Could have easily been 4-4 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

mark_jmc wrote: »
    Don’t support either side but really enjoyed that game, too often Epl games are drab and lifeless, but that was great -from the atmosphere to the action on the pitch

Yea, enjoyable as a neutral.
    Can hazard be done for that dive retrospectively??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Morata the Spanish Benteke.

He gave Chelsea a free for the dive ?

The Ozil goal was ruled out for the foul before the ball was even kicked towards him
    Serious question (and I'm not picking on you; nearly everyone on here is guilty of it!). Why do posters on here say "free out" or "free in"? They're GAA terms. It's "free kick", not "free".

Morata the Spanish Benteke.

Thats harsh on Benteke.

Hes more like Altidore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

blueser wrote: »
    The ref was poor for both sides. Wilshere should have been off before he scored, and irt wasn't a penalty. What contact there was (and it was minimal) was nowhere the shin Hazard was clutching.

I don’t think it was a peno , thought it was a dreadful call , he kicked the man not the ball but if your giving penos for that we may give up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If Hazard says that it was a definite penalty Hector should storm off

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

blueser wrote: »
    Serious question (and I'm not picking on you; nearly everyone on here is guilty of it!). Why do posters on here say "free out" or "free in"? They're GAA terms. It's "free kick", not "free".

Well you missed the 3rd option , I just called it a free lol , let call it short for free kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's so weird to interview Hazard and Bellerin together, just leads to an even more tame, cliché-filled interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thats harsh on Benteke.

Hes more like Altidore

I was thinking both good in the air but both awful at one on ones with the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's so weird to interview Hazard and Bellerin together, just leads to an even more tame, cliché-filled interview.

Hector should've decked him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I was thinking both good in the air but both awful at one on ones with the keeper.

Except Morata scored in a champions league final and played for league winning teams
    Had a stinker tonight but comparing him to Altidore & Benteke is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hazard taking the piss..hope he gets a ban after that brazen interview.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Except Morata scored in a champions league final and played for league winning teams
    Had a stinker tonight but comparing him to Altidore & Benteke is a joke

I dont think youve watched enough Chelsea this year.

Hes missed umpteen chances and none of the chances tonight were even difficult, a top quality Cf scores them, hell i'd even fancy Hazard to score any one of them.

He sh*ts the course when he gets time like that in the box, hes a reactionary CF,if those chances were flashed at him he'd probably bury them but all year hes missed chances like those tonight.

I don’t think it was a peno , thought it was a dreadful call , he kicked the man not the ball but if your giving penos for that we may give up
    Agreed; it wasn't a penalty. But then again; when you see what penalties are being given nowadays, nothing comes as a surprise any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Hazard taking the piss..hope he gets a ban after that brazen interview.

He's naturally arrogant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolute cracking match. Bellerin's goal at the end was a super strike. Morata has had an absolute stinker though, he should have won it for them.

Not sure what everyone is banging on about regarding the Chelsea penalty. It's 100% a penalty. Bellerin swings a wild leg, doesn't get the ball and instead kicks Hazard's foot.

The league cup games we have in the next few weeks should be interesting.

Not sure what Arsenal side will be played but I'd expect us to make about 8 or 9 changes from the team that started tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The league cup games we have in the next few weeks should be interesting.

Not sure what Arsenal side will be played but I'd expect us to make about 8 or 9 changes from the team that started tonight.

I expect the Carling Cup defence.

Chambers, Holding, Maitland Niles etc.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I expect the Carling Cup defence.

Chambers, Holding, Maitland Niles etc.

we'll probably go

Caballero
    Azp Luiz Rudiger
    Zappacosta Drinkwater Kante Kenedy
    Willian Michy Pedro

Musonda might play though for Willian or Pedro.

Advertisement