Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fiber

Options
  • 03-01-2018 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

was fixed to get fiber to the home fitted this morning.
    Took the day off work, waited for technician.
    He arrived outside my house, sat in the van for half hour and drove off. Than rang saying he could not install.
    when i contacted the eir team, on the report the engineer said the duct was blocked, and the cable to the DP was damaged. I know for 100% the cable is not damaged, and the invisible duct is not blocked as he is bringing the fiber cable overhead.

Rang eir customer support this morning, to no avail, nobody knows why it not fitted, and nobody will reschedule the fitting. Ive been told by eir it could take a month to get another KN bloke out to look at it and assess the problem.

Am a long time waiting for the fitting to happen, and the day it is supposed to be connected, Eir don't want to connect me even tho there is a active DP on my doorstep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

diar1000 wrote: »
    Hi,

was fixed to get fiber to the home fitted this morning.
    Took the day off work, waited for technician.
    He arrived outside my house, sat in the van for half hour and drove off. Than rang saying he could not install.
    when i contacted the eir team, on the report the engineer said the duct was blocked, and the cable to the DP was damaged. I know for 100% the cable is not damaged, and the invisible duct is not blocked as he is bringing the fiber cable overhead.

Rang eir customer support this morning, to no avail, nobody knows why it not fitted, and nobody will reschedule the fitting. Ive been told by eir it could take a month to get another KN bloke out to look at it and assess the problem.

Am a long time waiting for the fitting to happen, and the day it is supposed to be connected, Eir don't want to connect me even tho there is a active DP on my doorstep.
    Hi Diar1000,

It may have been a case where the technician had not updated any reason as to why he did not proceed with the installation, I would recommend calling 1901 and they can check to see if it has been updated yet.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement