Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any tips to fix chip in resin?

• 03-01-2018 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭

Got my blue Sbody today and while initially delighted with it, I later found a quite sizable chip near the base. If I have to send it back then so be it, but is there a possible fix for this that anyone knows, maybe something I could use to fill it? I would have tried glue and polish back on the missing piece only it was not in the box, which leads me to believe this happened during manufacturing. Such a shame because it is an absolutely stunning mod.

:(

26610306_1059545624203957_1585550540_o.jpg

26543744_1059545704203949_984564945_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

That sucks man :(

Sadly no idea about repairing damage like that but maybe some online DIY forums might be able to help out. Personally I'd send it back for a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Venom wrote: »
    That sucks man :(

Sadly no idea about repairing damage like that but maybe some online DIY forums might be able to help out. Personally I'd send it back for a replacement.

Yeah man I'm gutted over it. I applied some gorilla glue mixed with blue ink. I'll sand and polish later and hopefully it turns out well. If not, I will remove it all and send it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Crisis averted. Brought the mod to my niece who is a professional manicurist. She was able to mix some nail polish close to the colour and also applied some sort of glossy hardener to match the sheen of the mod. More importantly it has added strength to the damaged area. Granted it ain't perfect, but she did a very good job. Not really noticable unless told about it. :)

Advertisement