Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed Account - Gas

Options
  • 03-01-2018 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Good morning

I moved house over Christmas and called your guys yesterday to close over my electric and gas accounts that are linked to my former residence.

Speaking with your representative on the phone yesterday, she confirmed that both accounts have been closed after I gave her the meter readings etc.  A new account in my name for electric for my new house was opened (I don’t require a gas account). 

From looking online today, I can see under the "my accounts" section, my electric account at my new address (which is fine and expected), but can also see the gas account.  The former electric account is now under "my closed accounts" (and I received an email notification about my final bill).  Can you advise as to why the gas account isn’t under the “my closed accounts” section too?  Is there a delay before this appears?  I just want to make sure I am not charged for others using the gas as my former residence is a rental property.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi w/s/p/c/,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Even though both accounts will appear as closed on our system, as per the information by the advisor to you yesterday, the gas account closure takes longer to process. This is because the final meter-reading has to go to Gas Networks Ireland before the closing bill is issued. Your final gas bill can only be for usage up to the meter-reading you submitted, and the date this reading was noted. Even if it takes a matter of days to process, it will only be for billing up to that point.

If you would like us to review the accounts for you here on Boards.ie, just private message us one of the relevant Electric Ireland account numbers, state that you are the account-holder and confirm your name, address (that you moved out of) and date of birth.

We will assist as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Hi w/s/p/c/,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Even though both accounts will appear as closed on our system, as per the information by the advisor to you yesterday, the gas account closure takes longer to process. This is because the final meter-reading has to go to Gas Networks Ireland before the closing bill is issued. Your final gas bill can only be for usage up to the meter-reading you submitted, and the date this reading was noted. Even if it takes a matter of days to process, it will only be for billing up to that point.

If you would like us to review the accounts for you here on Boards.ie, just private message us one of the relevant Electric Ireland account numbers, state that you are the account-holder and confirm your name, address (that you moved out of) and date of birth.

We will assist as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

Hi Una

Thanks for your prompt reply and assistance.  I will continue to monitor my account on line to ensure it is closed (which I am sure it will be per your advice above).

Thanks again for your help.

Advertisement