Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strength training on whole30

• 03-01-2018 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

I've just started Whole30. My diet wasn't dreadful before, about 90% of my meals were homecooked just huuuge portions of food and too much wine. 
    So day 2 of whole 30 and i'm back to the gym. The workout was light enough as i haven't been to the gym for about 3 weeks due to christmas and illness. 
    So today i had
    breakfast 2 eggs scrambled with spinach, coffee 
    snack: 1/2 avocado (about 45 mins before i started the workout) 
    lunch: leftover goose meat, sprouts, baked parsnips, one orange

I felt a bit dizzy and didn't finish the cardio part of my workout. I'm wondering was my snack wrong or too early? Usually i have a banana with a large slathering of peanut butter but whole30 suggested half an avocado.

The workout was:
    CORE 2 ROUNDS - 
    18 dead bugs with 3-5 dumbbell 
    - 10 lateral hip raises + 10 lateral leg raises 
    STRENGTH Back Squat 5x air squats - 5x20kg - 5x22.5kg - 4x25 - 3x27.5kg - 3x30kg - 
    Working Set: 5x25kg - 8x25kg - 8x25kg - 8x25kg 
    SUPERSET 
    Strict Press 4 x 12 reps with 15kg bar 
    Pull up bar hang 4 sets of 4 kipping movements 
    CARDIO WORKOUT 
    3 Rounds: 
    - 5 cluster 20kg 
    - 5 ball slams

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Drink plenty of water.

Also, f*ck Whole30. Some of the principles are fine but just have what you'd normally have. There is no ideal food before training. Just have fuel in the tank.

It's entirely possible to eat well without being guided by some made up diet fad.

Advertisement