Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another potential wind-storm Thursday AM 4-1-18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Semena Mertvykh

Very strong winds in Cork City, really picked up in the last half hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Literally flat calm here in Offaly. Zero on the windspeed indicator. Pressure 982.8 is lower than Eleanor got, and still falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Latest from met eireann

Extremely windy,severe and damaging gusts at the coast...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

Very windy here in Cork right now (based on the noise above my house which is located on an exposed hill just north of cork city). Seems worse than anything in the past week.

Tomorrow morning looks worrying for cork / kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Heeello sudden weather. Was totally calm at ground level in SW Galway (tops of trees were swaying) until about a minute ago when a howl started up and gusts started shunting Eleanir's debris around. It was as abrupt as Eleanor's arrival, if less dramatic.

Although another shaker like that last gust and I might reconsider the dramatics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Really picked up here in Cobh all of a sudden. 40knt gusts in the last 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Very noisy and windy outside at moment -- direction seems different to the storms of the last few days -- more of the usual SW I think - just judging by which end of the house seems noisiest.

74kts recorded in fastnet in the past hour. Thats 137km/h.

68kts / 125km/h recorded in the past 20mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'd be surprised if this doesn't get named by UKMO at the least, could bring very strong gusts to a lot of North Wales and the English Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

It's absolutely howling here in Macroom, must drive to work in cork now, should be interesting! 😳

• Advertisement

Windy outside in Renmore, Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Seems windier than anything since Opehlia currently in Cork!

Not clear how naming is done for this type of system (twin lows in the same system).

Note: there's another low heading our way middle of next week (2017-01-09) according to https://earth.nullschool.net/#2018/01/09/0000Z/wind/isobaric/850hPa/overlay=mean_sea_level_pressure/orthographic=-18.62,61.51,684/loc=3.995,29.144 which I suspect will be named in due course. New thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

This wind is wild in cork, just woke me up. Really gusting strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Dead calm here in Newport, Mayo. I'm happy with that for a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Aerodrome warning for Dublin Airport, valid 10 am to 3 pm, but not too bad

EIDW AD WRNG 01 VALID 041000/041500 SFC WIND WNW 25-30KT MAX 35-40 FCST =

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gusting to 58kts in Cork Airport currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭banjolin

Wind just suddenly hit west Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Wind speed has really ramped up in the last hour and a half.

Moderate rainfall but made worse by winds

Gusts in excess of 40 Knots and coming from the NW - due to local topography.

130 m asl

North Cork / Limerick / Tipperary border

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wheelie bins gone every direction in tipp...way worse than the other night..and not even a yellow warning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Wheelie bins gone every direction in tipp...way worse than the other night..and not even a yellow warning...

Has Tipp moved or migrated from Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Gusts of 58 knots in the past hour at Cork Airport and Roches Point, 52 knots at Shannon and Sherkin Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

North Tipp - gone from breezy to wild in the last 15 mins!

Seven Worlds will Collide

Has Tipp moved or migrated from Munster?

Yea I see it now:o, seen as they called other counties I was looking for Tipp.

North Tipp - gone from breezy to wild in the last 15 mins!

Lock up the wheelie bin just drove down the road and there gone everywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Winds have really started to pick up here in south west Laois...It was like someone flicked a switch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gust of 65mph in durrow :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Quiet so far in Kinvara

• Registered Users Posts: 21 curfumsarinn

Hi, I'm in west Waterford, on the coast, about 200ft asl, and the wind this morning is FIERCE. Unless I'm experiencing something very localised, this has been under-warned. At the moment, and since about 0630, this is keep-away-from-windows stuff. neighbours fence already down, my dog is whimpering in a corner of the kitchen, and there's no way I'm leaving the house right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is stronger than Eleanor was, here in Kilkenny.

Advertisement