Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre to the home been installed

Options
  • 03-01-2018 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hi im getting fibre to the home installed

What is the process, is it all done underground or are there cables going from the pole into the house?

Do they use the route of the old copper line and blow the fibre from the pole on the road along the same path/route of the copper into the house?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 diar1000

skydish79 wrote: »

What is the process, is it all done underground or are there cables going from the pole into the house?

Do they use the route of the old copper line and blow the fibre from the pole on the road along the same path/route of the copper into the house?

Thanks
    Hi,

They should, but the K&N technician will do everything in his power not to fit. I had him out to fit mine this morning, he sat in his van for 5 mins, left, and than rang me saying my duct was blocked, even tho cable is overhead. 

Have to wait 3 weeks for another technician to come out and access the situation. 

Total disaster. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks
    Hi Skydish79,

You should find all the relevant information you need in regards to the installation in the below link.

https://www.eir.ie/support/just-joined/Fibre-to-the-home-underground-ducting/

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Hi thanks got fibre to the home installed yesterday

Just a query should the speeds fluctuate ( getting from around 2 mb to 110mb) or should it be a constant speed

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi thanks got fibre to the home installed yesterday

Just a query should the speeds fluctuate ( getting from around 2 mb to 110mb) or should it be a constant speed

Thanks
    Hi skydish79, 

I'm glad to hear this. 

The speeds can vary at times, the best people to speak with is our support team on 1890 260 260. They'll troubleshoot with you to see if there are any issues. You can also check this link it's a step by step process for basic troubleshooting. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement