Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long dose it takes to get bank card?

Options
  • 03-01-2018 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello I've been bank before christmas around 18th 19th and made bank account 
    bank lady gave me a paper card which written account number and branch nsc but I haven't got my bank card yet. little worry about it. is it takes more than 10 days ? thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

My partner has been waiting for a replacement one for her debit account since before the xmas also. They are just shockingly slow at sorting them out. The wait time is supposed to be 7 working days I think but that is clearly not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jtabby15

My partner has been waiting for a replacement one for her debit account since before the xmas also. They are just shockingly slow at sorting them out. The wait time is supposed to be 7 working days I think but that is clearly not the case.
    you're in same shoes with me. is she got any message after made bank account ? 
    my bank lady said they should message when my bank account open. but I didn't get any message
    today I went BOI website and calculate my BIC number with my account number. it was work I could find my BIC number. 
    so I guess I think maybe my bank account is opened already but I didnt get any message. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi jtabby15,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear this.

When the account is opened you would usually receive the card around 5-7 working days after. 

With all the bank holidays today would be the 8th working day therefore I would suggest that you wait 1 or 2 more days as the holiday season would have a huge impact on the post so it maybe a little delayed.

If you do not receive it before Friday please contact our customer care team on 0818 365 365 and an advisor will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Kareana

Hi jtabby15,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear this.

When the account is opened you would usually receive the card around 5-7 working days after. 

With all the bank holidays today would be the 8th working day therefore I would suggest that you wait 1 or 2 more days as the holiday season would have a huge impact on the post so it maybe a little delayed.

If you do not receive it before Friday please contact our customer care team on 0818 365 365 and an advisor will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Kareana

Hi Kareana thank you for your quick respond reply.
    I have another question, I haven't got any message from Bank of Ireland regarding my account open.
    bank lady she said they should send message after my bank account open. so I'm little worry if my bank account something goes wrong . is it okay even if I didn't get any text from bank of ireland?

Thanks for your reply jtabby15.

Did you receive the account number and sort code for the account?

Normally you would receive a text with the BIC and IBAN within 3 days after the account has fully opened.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply jtabby15.

Did you receive the account number and sort code for the account?

Normally you would receive a text with the BIC and IBAN within 3 days after the account has fully opened.

Thanks,

Kareana

When I went to the bank to open an account they gave me an informatiom card which had my account number and branch NSC, but I haven't got any BIC or lBAN text.

So today I went BOI website and put my account number and NSC in a BIC number calculator, and I found my BIC, sort code and IBAN from there.

Does this mean my account is open and i just didn't get a text?

Hi jtabby15,

Thanks for your reply.

Please PM me with your full name, contact details, the person you were speaking to in the branch and the location of the branch.

Once you send us in this information we will try our best to investigate this further for you.

Thanks,

Kareana

Hi jtabby15,

Thanks for your reply.

Please PM me with your full name, contact details, the person you were speaking to in the branch and the location of the branch.

Once you send us in this information we will try our best to investigate this further for you.

Thanks,

Kareana 
    I've sent PM to please click here if requested to send a private message < Here. because your profile not allow PM 
    Thanks, 

Hi jtabby15, 

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty trying to send us a PM.

I will send you a PM now so that you can just reply to me.

Thanks,

Kareana

Hi jtabby15, 

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty trying to send us a PM.

I will send you a PM now so that you can just reply to me.

Thanks,

Kareana
    Thanks I'll reply your PM once you sent it as soon as possible .

• Advertisement

Hi jtabby15,

I have responded to your PM there and have been in touch with the branch.

They will be in touch with you shortly.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement