Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do Men between 30-50 need to strength train?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

A few questions for older dudes:
    1. What do you struggle with when it comes to getting fit & healthy? eg. diet, motivation?
    Illness and injury always seems to rob me of progress

2. What pisses you off about the gym? The culture? The people? Why?
    Those that have the wrong equipment which is why I have a power rack at home, a fancy gym membership and my work gym. All three have their uses if I want more/less people around or a specific exercise.

3. Does your current shape scare you? Are you slowly letting yourself go?
    No, close to my best. Its pretty easy once you don't let yourself go as it only takes a month to get into prime shape at most.

4. What frustrates you on a daily basis? eg. out of breath going up stairs
    Running is still one of the hardest exercises when you do it at pace. Nothing comes close in my view and I wish I was fitter.

5. If I had a magic wand to grant you one health related wish, what would it be?
    Zero injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

mad m wrote: »
    ^^^ Some amount of injuries for a 30 year old.

Unreal. Boxing can really take a toll!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

FTA69 wrote: »
    Unreal. Boxing can really take a toll!

So I see lad.....Have you tried yoga. Before I got into Pilates, I tried Bikram Yoga for around 10 classes. I'm sorry I didn't keep it up but it made a huge difference in my flexibility and lower back problems.

Thinking of going back or trying plain Yoga as I want to improve my flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

mad m wrote: »
    So I see lad.....Have you tried yoga. Before I got into Pilates, I tried Bikram Yoga for around 10 classes. I'm sorry I didn't keep it up but it made a huge difference in my flexibility and lower back problems.

Thinking of going back or trying plain Yoga as I want to improve my flexibility.

Seriously thinking about it lad, time is an issue as I’m busy some evenings but I’ll definitey look it up.

Advertisement