Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waiting for Cashback offer

Options
  • 03-01-2018 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

installation of my broadband deal was completed on 6th December. I understood I should have received my €50 cashback offer around 14 days later. I'm still waiting for it.

As you can see from the screenshots it was for €50 and I received the email telling me I would receive another email after the 14 day cooling off period on 16th Nov.

Any chance you could see tell me what the hold up is?

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

installation of my broadband deal was completed on 6th December. I understood I should have received my €50 cashback offer around 14 days later. I'm still waiting for it.

As you can see from the screenshots it was for €50 and I received the email telling me I would receive another email after the 14 day cooling off period on 16th Nov.

Cheers,
    Hi Webmechanic,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues youve been having. I would recommend you call this number if you have any issues redeeming the €50 cashback 0818242786 or email support@eirdeals.ie 

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

You could be weeks waiting! I ended up having to contact them a few times before getting mine. After first contacting them they sent an email with a form you need to complete giving your bank details. Once that's returned they are supposed to credit your account but I had to ring them twice before I ended up getting the cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

Hi,

Cheers,
    Hi Webmechanic,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues youve been having. I would recommend you call this number if you have any issues redeeming the €50 cashback 0818242786 or email support@eirdeals.ie 

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,

I've sent off an email rather than phone them - always good to have actual records of contact. Is there a reason why you won't deal with it here? I notice others have been in touch about similar issues and you dealt with their queries?

Hi,

Cheers,
    Hi Webmechanic,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,

I've sent off an email rather than phone them - always good to have actual records of contact. Is there a reason why you won't deal with it here? I notice others have been in touch about similar issues and you dealt with their queries?
    Hi Webmechanic,

They should reply within the next 24-48 hours.

In regards to resolving the issue myself, it's not that I don't want to deal with it, I don't have access to resolve this for you. Anyone else that has sent me their details has gotten the same response. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Ghekko wrote: »
    You could be weeks waiting!  I ended up having to contact them a few times before getting mine. After first contacting them they sent an email with a form you need to complete giving your bank details. Once that's returned they are supposed to credit your account but I had to ring them twice before I ended up getting the cash back.
    Isn't it always the way? The first email I got said they'd pay it via PayPal. Was it support you contacted?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Cheers,
    Hi Webmechanic,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,

Hi Webmechanic,

They should reply within the next 24-48 hours.

In regards to resolving the issue myself, it's not that I don't want to deal with it, I don't have access to resolve this for you. Anyone else that has sent me their details has gotten the same response. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for the heads up on response time, Tracey, it's appreciated, especially as there was no automated response from the email server to say how long it would be before I got a reply - which is the norm these days. I do find it odd, however, that they have you operating a de facto helpline here without giving you the werewithall to actually deal with helpline stuff. Ah well, I shouldn't expect joined-up communications and support from a comms company... oh, wait! ;-) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

It seems to be a partner company, Sweete, that looks after the reward. I dealt directly with them.

Ghekko wrote: »
    It seems to be a partner company, Sweete, that looks after the reward.  I dealt directly with them.
    Cheers for that, Ghekko. Seems to be a different company dealing with this one, WinWin. I contacted support and they said my details had not currently been sent across for processing but they expected they probably would be this week. I've contacted WinWin too but so far no reply. Seems a very roundabout way of running promotions though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

When I got the first email about this, I actually thought it was a scam. Still waiting for my cashback despite receiving all the codes and doing their sign-up stuff.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hi Pinkypinky,

I have responded to you through PMs. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Advertisement

…and, still waiting. It's been nearly two months since I received the email (actually 16th Nov) stating:

[font=arial, "helvetica neue", helvetica, sans-serif]Hi ,
    As our way of saying thank you we’re giving you a cashback gift. You will be eligible to receive your gift once each element of your bundle is active and the standard 14 day cooling off period has passed. You will then receive an email detailing the next steps on how to redeem your gift. Simple as that!
    From
    The 
    eir team

[font=arial, "helvetica neue", helvetica, sans-serif]Important Information: 
    1. In order to manage this promotion we are using a 3rd party called Win Win. eir will send your details to Win Win once you are eligible for the promotion. If you do not want us to pass your details to the selected third party  please click this link. This will mean you will not receive your cashback promotion.[/font]
    [/font]

[font=arial, "helvetica neue", helvetica, sans-serif]2. You must have a PayPal account to receive the cashback gift. If you do not have a PayPal account that’s no problem, you will receive details on how to set one up.[/font]
    [font=arial, "helvetica neue", helvetica, sans-serif]Click here for full terms and conditions.[/font]

Is it really normal to be waiting this long or has something gone wrong somewhere?
    I'd appreciate it if someone could - at the very least - find out if my details were passed to WinWin?

Beginning to think I'll have to go down the complaint/Comreg route for breach of contract/good faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

The reason I signed up with eir was the cash back and I feel quiet let down that I have to be calling and sending emails to get this. They said I'll get it 2 weeks after signing up and I didn't. Whether it's eir or their partner company mess isn't my problem.

So as you can imagine my opinion of eir is going down quiet a lot and will very likely switch elsewhere unless they are not able to keep their promise.

mkov wrote: »
    The reason I signed up with eir was the cash back and I feel quiet let down that I have to be calling and sending emails to get this. They said I'll get it 2 weeks after signing up and I didn't. Whether it's eir or their partner company mess isn't my problem.

So as you can imagine my opinion of eir is going down quiet a lot and will very likely switch elsewhere unless they are not able to keep their promise.
    I understand your frustration at this time, I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Tracey

I understand your frustration at this time, I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey
    Any chance you could respond to my query too?

i.e., I'd appreciate it if someone could - at the very least - find out if my details were passed to WinWin?

Thanks.

Thanks

Tracey

i.e., I'd appreciate it if someone could - at the very least - find out if my details were passed to WinWin?

Thanks.
    I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks.
    I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Tracey
    Nope, not received it.

pinkypinky wrote: »
    When I got the first email about this, I actually thought it was a scam. Still waiting for my cashback despite receiving all the codes and doing their sign-up stuff.
    Have you received it yet?

It's so bloody frustrating. One response I got was to say 'sorry, please be patient'. I've been so patient it's unreal. Have you got anywhere with it yet?

It's so bloody frustrating. One response I got was to say 'sorry, please be patient'. I've been so patient it's unreal. Have you got anywhere with it yet?
    I have escalated it on to the relevant department.

I am still waiting for an update.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks 

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

I'd recommend getting a new partner company to handle your future promotions, at least my broadband is faster than it was with Eir so I am delighted with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pininfarina

Another customer here waiting on the cashback offer. It's been 2 weeks since the end of the 14 day cooling off period.

Another customer here waiting on the cashback offer. It's been 2 weeks since the end of the 14 day cooling off period.
    I got a response from support@eirdeals.ie stating that my details were now with them and that I could expect the email with the redeem code within 13 days - that was a couple of days ago. I'd strongly advise you to send an email to that address and ask if you're in the current list. Also, try asking at the eir forum on their own website, or on Twitter, they're both more responsive than here.

It all seems a bit haphazard though, not least the apparent interconnectedness of the various support forums. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks.
    I would share similar frustrations and I've grown tired at being referred away from the customer "support" lines whether it be the online webchat "support" line via the eir website www.eir.ie or via eir's platform hosted here on Boards.ie. This is not most customers' idea of providing an adequate "support" service which is intended to assist customers who are having ongoing issues with eir. The experience to date has been awful and none of the issues ever seem to be handled or resolved by an agent who is supposed to be providing such support to the customer. Of course some issues may be outside the support agents direct control such as a Technical issue or an Accounts issue but why bother requesting customer account details on a "PM" if you are not going to be able to resolve any of the issues or at the very least be willing to relay the query on to the appropriate dept/team on behalf of the customer in question? The most you can expect it seems, is the following approach from eir support: The customer is told they need to call another telephone number or e-mail another department/team and repeat the whole thing from the start all over again despite the fact that you have already spent enough of your valuable time and trouble outlining everything in great detail. There would appear to be very poor internal communications and interactions between the various departments and their promotional agents which impacts very negatively on the customer each time. Customers are not interested in receiving insincere apologies over & over again if support agents are not willing to provide adequate assistance in getting issues/problems resolved in a prompt and satisfactory manner.   

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭madyoke2009

Welcome to the world of Eir

I’m waiting since October for the so called free jersey offer

Still waiting..... the amount of time and effort soenting emailing and phoning The jersey would be cheaper to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Welcome to the world of Eir

I’m waiting since October for the so called free jersey offer

Still waiting..... the amount of time and effort soenting emailing and phoning   The jersey would be cheaper to buy
    It is really bad form from a company such as eir (still Eircom) even if it was not intended. Customers may be fooled at first when they see such promotional packages with bonus gifts/rewards but if they are going to be left disappointed by the failure of the company AND/OR it's agents acting on their behalf to deliver on any of the elements of a package/special promotion, it just leaves a customer frustrated & annoyed and unlikely to remain as customers with the company once their initial contract period is expired. Our contract runs until 18th December and now I think we will have to seriously re-consider all of our options by the time the 12 months promotional discounts expire. I have nothing against companies like eir or any of it's staff but a customer will usually tend to switch provider or supplier if they do not receive adequate customer service when they go to communicate issues of concern and feel they are not being assisted properly by those charged with providing a "support" function. Customers eventually see through insincere apologies issued, particularly if they have not received adequate assistance from the recommended support line that initially opened their correspondence. eir risks losing more & more of it's current customer base if they allow such poor levels of service to continue and that to me is totally unnecessary as I'm sure that there are some employees working in the company who have higher standards. If a company offers something and then is unable to deliver same in a prompt and satisfactory manner, then the customer is then having to follow-up this is not good. I have been hearing more & more different examples of unsatisfactory customer service by customers of eir (Eircom) in recent weeks on radio, forums etc; The company would seem to have a massive job of work in order to restore confidence and faith among those of it's dissatisfied customers in my view.

Best of luck in receiving the bonus gift and therein lies the whole problem simply because, you should not really need "luck"!

Advertisement