Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Masters XC 2018, Sunday 7/1/2018, St. Anne's Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Wottle

I'm signed up but currently 50:50, my knee and more so my back are acting up. Really want to run it though, feel it would be great prep for Raheny 5 and working on getting out of my comfort zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Yeah, finish area was a bit of a mess last year, the numbers running this are getting huge and the manual system couldn't cope.

Still a bit under the weather, but if I can get out hard I'll suffer through the rest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Wottle wrote: »
    I'm signed up but currently 50:50, my knee and more so my back are acting up. Really want to run it though, feel it would be great prep for Raheny 5 and working on getting out of my comfort zone.

So similar to my own situation. It's a day by day thing, I'll have to stretch it a bit in the evenings. I don't think I'll be doing any running between now and Sunday.

It looks like conditions will be a lot tougher this time. This, added to the above, means that my prerace aims of (a) improving on last year's position [219/261] and (b) not being lapped [top 4 lapped me last year] will be even harder to achieve - if I take the start at all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

12mm spikes for this weekend I think!

adrian522 wrote: »
    12mm spikes for this weekend I think!

Contemplating buying a second pair of spikes, thoughts of ruining my new pair which have only had two outings on an indoor track are scaring me.

@Wubble
    Does your back hurt while running?
    Mine is sore when standing still or sitting. I'm about 14 weeks with it like this, only last Saturday's run did my back have an effect on my running and that was due to lack of stretching the day before and that morning.
    This is the main stretch that I feel like is doing sth.
    https://youtu.be/XMFCGc90PVE

• Advertisement

Contemplating buying a second pair of spikes, thoughts of ruining my new pair which have only had two outings on an indoor track are scaring me.

@Wubble
    Does your back hurt while running?
    Mine is sore when standing still or sitting. I'm about 14 weeks with it like this, only last Saturday's run did my back have an effect on my running and that was due to lack of stretching the day before and that morning.
    This is the main stretch that I feel like is doing sth.
    https://youtu.be/XMFCGc90PVE

It's generally not that bad running, although it was quite sore at the end of the Doyle Cup. My left leg felt worse during and after the first New Year's Day parkrun. Sitting I'm ok usually, it's when I get up and start moving around that it's sorest, although it eases a bit. I definitely don't stretch enough, that one looks like it could certainly help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

An old one but a good one for those looking to get in the cross country mood haha

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/11429049/The-greatest-running-race-you-have-never-heard-of.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

So similar to my own situation. It's a day by day thing, I'll have to stretch it a bit in the evenings. I don't think I'll be doing any running between now and Sunday.

It looks like conditions will be a lot tougher this time. This, added to the above, means that my prerace aims of (a) improving on last year's position [219/261] and (b) not being lapped [top 4 lapped me last year] will be even harder to achieve - if I take the start at all!

Similar to myself last year :(

Lost count of the times lapped, and finished with only 10 - 15 others behind... A sobering experience, and hopefully not repeated this year.

I'm out. Went to see Testosterscone today about my back. Got some good exercises to do and sitting on the coach has already become more comfortable by having my butt higher than my knees. He suggested giving it a miss and I'm going to take his advice, plus my confidence has been effected by it as well.

sitting on the coach has already become more comfortable by having my butt higher than my knees.

Woah Woah Woah lets keep this place family friendly please :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Woah Woah Woah lets keep this place family friendly please :pac::pac:

I'm actually forever making that mistake when typing lol

Autocorrect 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I'll be there too. trying not to get lapped.

When I ran this first, in 2015, the club could barely field four for an M50 team. This year there are ten of us, along with 15 M35s. And a sizeable women's team too. Sign of the aging runner times!

Murph_D wrote: »

Very strong teams from Raheny and Donore in the M35

Shane Healy must be firm favourite for individual title.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Going to go down and have a look at this tomorrow. Best of luck to Wubble and Scotindublin who I will at least recognise and to the many more of you who I know will be running but I will be clueless as to who you are! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Ladies at 1
    men at 1.30 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Where is the course mainly? All saints road/watermill road corner of the park? I will go spectate the joyful chaos :D

doughef wrote: »
    Ladies at 1
    men at 1.30 right?

Yes indeed... two laps for the ladies, four for the lads.

Enjoyed that. Better finishing position than last year, and I didn't get lapped :)

• Advertisement

Enjoyed that. Better finishing position than last year, and I didn't get lapped :)

My own synopsis exactly. Didn't spot you but you were obviously close enough!

Murph_D wrote: »
    My own synopsis exactly. Didn't spot you but you were obviously close enough!

Didn't see you at all today, I thought I might reach you at some stage in the race, but that didn't transpire. Well done on your own improved performance :D

Same here :D

The start was pretty mucky, the rest of the course was fine, bar the soft right hander at the side of the pitches.

Pretty much perfect XC weather also.

Really enjoyed it this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

A great race

Ran loads of XC over the years but my first time in St Anne's.
    Support was excellent too- even for those of us further down the field 😎

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Same here :D

The start was pretty mucky, the rest of the course was fine, bar the soft right hander at the side of the pitches.

Pretty much perfect XC weather also.

Really enjoyed it this year...

Fair play, you passed me somewhere on Lap 3 and pulled away in the last.

Results up anywhere ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Results up anywhere ???

Myrunresults have them up

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

• Advertisement
Advertisement