Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open viewing over Christmas?

Options
  • 03-01-2018 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,

There was an open viewing at a property I’m interested in, between Christmas and New Years and unfortunately I couldn’t make it. It came on the market early December.

Does this strike anyone as odd? I thought houses generally only came to the market in spring and autumn?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

clarkej5 wrote: »
    Hi all,

There was an open viewing at a property I’m interested in, between Christmas and New Years and unfortunately I couldn’t make it. It came on the market early December.

Does this strike anyone as odd? I thought houses generally only came to the market in spring and autumn?

TIA

No not odd at all. Properties go on daft all year round though traditionally spring and autumn are more common.. Actually some of best deals can be struck in dead of winter as not many new properties come on the market in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Could be indicative of someone looking for a quick sale, or maybe it just suited them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Could be an indication of no estate agent being involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

Could be a valuing exercise where it suits the vendor to have a justifiably low valuation

• Registered Users Posts: 26 clarkej5

Thanks for all your insights! I do think the house could be slightly undervalued in its asking price. The open viewing could stimulate a bidding war if there’s significant interest. Will be interesting, hoping to get a viewing soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

There was an open viewing in my home town at the weekend.
    Hoping to attract people home for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

clarkej5 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your insights! I do think the house could be slightly undervalued in its asking price.
    Either they're looking for a price war, or there's something wrong with the property. Or both, but due to price war, someones heart becomes invested in the property, and buys it regardless.

Advertisement