Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting nightmare

Options
  • 03-01-2018 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I joined eir mobile last Thursday and have been at my wits end trying to port numbers over from our existing provider Vodafone.

We already have Home phone and broadband services with eir, and signed up to eir mobile on Thursday in store (3 mobiles, all on one account & all on bill pay plans).

The representative in store handled the porting and assured us that all three numbers would have ported over within a maximum of 24 hours.

I set up all three phones and waited over 24 hours - nothing had happened. I called 1901 customer support on Friday and was told that, because it was 3 phones on the one account, it was called a "multi -line" port and would take up to 48 hours. I agreed to wait and see what happened.

The 48 hours elapsed and yet again the numbers had not been ported. I called once again on Saturday and was then told that it may take until Tuesday or Wednesday. due to the fact that it was "the festive period" and not much would be happening.

I waited until today, Wednesday, to call back. I rang just a few minutes ago and was told that the porting had not taken place and, according to today's representative, had not been put through at all. This was contrary to the details given by two previous workers that the porting was "in progress". 

Today's worker told me that she could only port one number at a time over the phone, and that I would have to call back a further two times to complete the process. The only other option is to go back into the store.

I am extremely frustrated by this, mainly as I have been fed contradictory and conflicting information with each call. Am I being fobbed off?

I am really considering utilising my cooling-off period and leaving the contract altogether, such is the time and effort I have wasted chasing up what seems to be a simple process.

I would be grateful for any assistance with this issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hello SecretsOfEarth,

I'm very sorry to hear about the bad experience you've been having. Feel free to PM me your full name, account number and date of birth and i will look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Hello SecretsOfEarth,

I'm very sorry to hear about the bad experience you've been having. Feel free to PM me your full name, account number and date of birth and i will look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey
    Will do Tracey, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I'd just like to add that I had an online chat with a representative and, when questioned why I had been given so many conflicting statements, they disconnected and ended the chat. 

Advertisement