Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family planning clinic

Options
  • 03-01-2018 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi there. Just looking for some reviews on the GFPC. I have never been but have heard they fit the coil and have a range of services I was unaware of however I can find very limited information about them via google as they do not have a website. Does anyone have experience or stories before I book an apt? Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hi there. Just looking for some reviews on the GFPC. I have never been but have heard they fit the coil and have a range of services I was unaware of however I can find very limited information about them via google as they do not have a website. Does anyone have experience or stories before I book an apt? Many thanks in advance
    I used them a few times in my travels, they are based just up from the library in town.

As I remember they are a full-service health clinic as in test for STI's warts and the like. They gave me advice on coils and placed my copper one without issue. Both the Dr and the I think Nurse? who's name was candi, were excellent and had a great attitude and knowledge.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I go there regularly. Very helpful staff, much more knowledgable and skilled than my GP when it comes to Mirena and smears etc. If you want the coil fitted they have to prescribe it themselves. I tried to get them to fit a mirena that my gp prescribed and I’d already got from chemist - they wouldn’t do it which is fair enough. So go to them for the whole process (review, prescription, fitting etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Advertisement