Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭wedger

puntypower wrote: »
    Got the offer through today, 18 month fixed contract and 12 months is the probationary period and they can moved ya where they like. I'm not going to take it.

How far from your home punty were they sending you???
    Looks like the whole thing is a joke indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanky89

I'm stilp answering questions regarding the driving offences. I'm very tempted to just tell them to go swivel if its just an 18 month fixed term contract its not worth the hassle

Tanky89 wrote: »
    I'm stilp answering questions regarding the driving offences. I'm very tempted to just tell them to go swivel if its just an 18 month fixed term contract its not worth the hassle

Probably easier to get a job at Fort Knox!!! This 18 month contract is a bit crap. Wonder if there is any chance of being retained after the 18 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

wedger wrote:
    Probably easier to get a job at Fort Knox!!! This 18 month contract is a bit crap. Wonder if there is any chance of being retained after the 18 months?

Very little incentive to give up a permanent job in favour of this carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭puntypower

It says they will let you know where you'll be working after the 7 weeks training. I got a place 20 mins away but to leave a job and do the training and then be told you could be somewhere else isn't on. Also the training is starting in November now not September

Well any more advances ? Anybody else given an offer?
    @Tanky how are you getting on? Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 __teenie__

Beat102.103- The latest figures also show that there are 98 testers nationwide. Ten have retired so far this year with two more to retire by year end.

Only four new testers have been recruited since June.

https://www.beat102103.com/news/83000-learners-waiting-for-driving-test-with-45000-waiting-for-appointment/

Said it a hundred times already. I have never seen such a drawn out slow moving process

Well any more news here? Anybody else get a call up? Anyone gone through the process of training?
    I’m hoping that the numbers are well up at this stage and I’ll get a call soon.
    Tanky how did you get on? Did you manage to sort things your end?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sounds like a fiasco at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭puntypower

wedger wrote: »
    Well any more news here? Anybody else get a call up? Anyone gone through the process of training?
    I’m hoping that the numbers are well up at this stage and I’ll get a call soon.
    Tanky how did you get on? Did you manage to sort things your end?

Training starting 5 November in Limerick

puntypower wrote: »
    Training starting 5 November in Limerick

Well done punty and best of luck... keep us posted on how you’re getting on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

How many people actually got appointed for a finish?

How many people actually got appointed for a finish?

Got called for medical and filled vetting form but heard nothing back.
    Has anyone actually finished the process and working now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Milkman69

Question for Colmwills, did you accept the job offer ?.....or like me were you compeled to decline.

Milkman69 wrote: »
    Question for Colmwills, did you accept the job offer ?.....or like me were you compeled to decline.

Got an offer but when you read into the contract you can see that there probably won’t be any chance of being kept on. In fact it said that the contract could be terminated by either side at any time... that just nailed it for me.
    It was a very long drawn out process. If I had known the fine details I wouldn’t have gone as far as I did. Used up a lot of valuable days off work along with the expense of travelling for interviews musicals etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

My mate declined the offer in the end as well.18 month-24 month contract.Not worth the risk.Quite a few ADI's have taken positions.I suppose they always have that to fall back on,where as others may regret leaving their current jobs elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Milkman69

At this stage it appears that at least one in every four have refused an offer.
    Many due to locations that entailed renting away from home and trying to pay a mortgage aswell and others due to the uncertainty of a short term contract with no security or long term prospect. Such a pity......would have loved a shot at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fi18

Hi, has anyone been called up since? Any tips on the interview? I’ve one next week in mullingar x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Cork1297

Fi18 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone been called up since? Any tips on the interview? I’ve one next week in mullingar x

Yes. I have been called for Tuesday. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moll7871

Cork1297 wrote: »
    Yes. I have been called for Tuesday. Good luck.

Iv got my assessment Monday, any tips or prep that can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cork1297

Moll7871 wrote: »
    Iv got my assessment Monday, any tips or prep that can be done?

There is some good info a few pages into this thread. Apparently there is a scenario where you must deal with a irate or nervous driver. Tbh I was excited about it until I start reading the threads. It seems it is a long drawn out process with the end result possibly being offered a place far from home. I feel I’m going through the motions just for the sake of it but who knows. I have seen new testers in Cork so maybe those places are filled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭ChrissieH

Did any of the recent applicants get any contact as to whether they've gotten through to the driving test stage of the application process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Friend was originally unsuccessful but got a call wondering would she still be interested, has her driving test in the next few weeks.
    Does anyone know what a typical working week would be hours wise? Can you set the tests to suit your own hours or are they set for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mac Bluecheese

Has anyone heard anything lately? The last contact I had was back in March telling me I had passed the driving test stage and to send them my referees. My referees were contacted a week later and I have heard absolutely nothing from them since. You'd think they would at least have the decency to let you know either way after all the effort 🙄

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything lately? The last contact I had was back in March telling me I had passed the driving test stage and to send them my referees. My referees were contacted a week later and I have heard absolutely nothing from them since. You'd think they would at least have the decency to let you know either way after all the effort 🙄

I turned it down way back before Xmas - only offering an 18 month contract and it can be cancelled y either side at any time without reason. Also if you’re posted to a quiet test center you can be posted around the country at RSA request (you will of course get a subsistence payment).
    ABSOLUTELY no guarantee of being retained after 18 months and chances are you’re so far down the list they won’t have a vacancy for you. Basically what they are doing is building up a panel to help relieve the pressure with the back log of learner drivers... I think once that panel has been reduced any one down the list would be at a high risk of being let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 camki

Has anyone heard anything lately? The last contact I had was back in March telling me I had passed the driving test stage and to send them my referees. My referees were contacted a week later and I have heard absolutely nothing from them since. You'd think they would at least have the decency to let you know either way after all the effort ��

Did you ever get a start?

Advertisement