Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in Kerry

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

coleen wrote: »
    Cordal is a nice rural area. It has a school pre-school and after school service. Also a pub and a church.
    It has a good community group there also and would be about 25 mins from Tralee. No public transport of course

I wouldn't choose Cordal as the amount of rain it gets is incredible. I don't know how many times coming out from Tralee where the sun is shining there and then hitting Castleisland and then Cordal where it's absolutely pissing it. The same has happened coming from Killarney on numerous occasions. I know Kerry get lots of rain in general but the sheer amout of rainfall that Castleisland/Cordal and Brosna get is incredible. I think it may have to do with the fact that all the clouds coming in from Tralee bay don't have any natural obstacle until they hit the hills behind Cordal and just dump all the water there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I wouldn't choose Cordal as the amount of rain it gets is incredible. I don't know how many times coming out from Tralee where the sun is shining there and then hitting Castleisland and then Cordal where it's absolutely pissing it. The same has happened coming from Killarney on numerous occasions. I know Kerry get lots of rain in general but the sheer amout of rainfall that Castleisland/Cordal and Brosna get is incredible. I think it may have to do with the fact that all the clouds coming in from Tralee bay don't have any natural obstacle until they hit the hills behind Cordal and just dump all the water there.

I asked a friend about cordal recently as a place to live.. I got a one word response....BLEAK!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

What about Ballyheigue? A beautiful seaside village that hasn’t got the busy summers like Ballybunion.
    Only about 15mins from Tralee too.
    Ballyheigue also has a great beach and I found the local to be super friendly.
    They seem to love hurling in that part of Kerry for some reason also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

conor05 wrote: »
    What about Ballyheigue? A beautiful seaside village that hasn’t got the busy summers like Ballybunion.
    Only about 15mins from Tralee too.
    Ballyheigue also has a great beach and I found the local to be super friendly.
    They seem to love hurling in that part of Kerry for some reason also.

Abbeydorney, Ardfert, Kilflynn, Ballyheigue would be my suggestions as you're close to tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Sorry to bring up an old thread but what would Killorglin be like to live? It seems nice with a good bit to offer. Any opinions? Go easy :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

zweton wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but what would Killorglin be like to live? It seems nice with a good bit to offer. Any opinions? Go easy :D

There’s a thread on the page which is quite recent and has some positive things to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There’s a thread on the page which is quite recent and has some positive things to say about it.

Yeah i saw that one allright it does sound good, just said i would chance it here also for the craic :) Thanks

Advertisement