Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2018 League - Season 2 Fixtures & Results

Options
  • 03-01-2018 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Welcome to Season 2 of the Boards PES 2018 League!

This is a thread to be used for the sole purpose of posting Fixtures & Results throughout the season. All other chat regarding the league shall remain in the original thread: PES 2018 - Boards League Thread

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

Fixtures will be announced every Saturday. Each player will have 2 games per week.

The rules for this league are fairly straight forward.
    1. The home team will create the match in the Online Friendlies Lobby and invite their opponent. Anyone having trouble with this, let me know.
    2. The home team is responsible for the match set up in terms of settings. Games are to be 12 minutes in length, maximum of 3 substitutes and the choice of stadium and weather is at the home team's discretion.
    3. This shouldn't be an issue, but if a player quits the game while in a losing position, the match must be replayed with whatever time was left at the time of quitting.
    4. Of course, connection issues may come into play so the same will apply.
    5. If a game begins and is lagging from the beginning, both users can come to a mutual agreement to play again from the start at a different time. You don't have to let me know of this, just post the final result on the thread.
    6. Unsporting conduct is frowned upon so please refrain from hacking down someone when they are through on goal and you are the last man. We're all about Fair Play here :)
    7. Users are free to go Ultra Defensive and use advanced instructions as they see fit. It really doesn't make a huge difference in PES I feel.
    8. When defending a lead, please do not pass it around the back trying to waste time. This will make players lose interest in the league very quickly
    9. If you plan on being on holidays, post in the general chat thread and let your opponents know.
    10. If a user quits the league, walkovers will be given to all past and future opponents in the group.
    11. Any players that get 6 games behind will be given a warning. We had 2 players kicked out last season for inactivity so the same will happen again if people stop playing games without an explanation.

Group Format

Each team will play each other twice in the group. Their final placing in the group will result in the following:
    • Top 3 from each group will go to the quarter finals of the PES Champions Cup. The 5th placed team in Group A will play the 4th placed team in Group B in a playoff to decide who gets to the quarter final and vice versa.
    • Bottom 5 from each group have their own cup called the PES Shield. This will run in the exact same format as above, i.e. 9th placed team in Group A will play 10th placed team in Group B in a playoff to decide who gets to the quarter final.
    • Super Cup will be contested by the Champions Cup and Shield winners.

Posting of Result

Results are to be posted by the home team. If you do not see your result after a week, please post it on the home teams behalf.
    Results should be posted in the following format if possible:

Gameweek 1

Porto (Colemania) 0-0 Benfica (Walter.White)

Then give a little 1 or 2 line match report underneath if you wish.

So I think that's all that needs to be said. I hope everyone enjoys the league and may the best player win!

P.S. Could everyone please thank this post to show that you have read it and understand the rules

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Season 2: Boards PES 2018 League

Group A

Boards | PSN | Team
    ItsHoggie | ItsHoggie | Lyon
    Cienciano | meath77 | Marseille
    Colemania | Colemaniser | FC Porto
    az1234 | az1234 | Leicester
    brianregan09 | brianregan09 | Athletic Club
    harpstilidie | danharps | Besiktas
    Exclamation Marc | ManufacturedHero | Torino
    Luckycharms_74 | nslattery | RB Leipzig
    KennyG192 | KENNETH192 | Valencia CF
    stryker mcqueen | pizzaburn85 | Shakhtar

Group B

Boards | PSN | Team
    IncognitoMan | DuffyTJ | Lazio
    Beastermc | Stephen_Mc91 | Crystal Palace
    TiltedBrain | TheOriginalJipo | Nice
    Walter.White | DamoK21 | Benfica
    Bozo Skeleton | niallym | Ajax
    AidoEirE | Aidz-Eire- | West Ham
    callaway92 | DavidJKennedy | Stoke
    Koolhanger | Bijilf | Sporting
    whavin | deaduis_maximus | Schalke
    Wilberto | Wilberto99 | Southampton

Gameweek 1 Fixtures

Group A

ezg405.png

Group B

13yh6dt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

GameWeek 1 Group B

DuffyTJ (Lazio) 2-2 (Benfica) DamoK21

I'd say Lazio had the better of the first half and Benfica had the 2nd half after a formation change at HT.

Goalscorers
    Lazio : Felipe Anderson x2
    Benfica : Raúl Jiménez x2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

GW1
    Group A

Lyon (itsHoggie) 1-1 Valencia (KENNETH192)

Goalscorers: M. Depay & S. Zaza

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gameweek 1

Group B

Stoke (DavidJKennedy) 7 - 0 Nice (TheOriginalJipo)

Goalscorers:

Choupo-Moting (2), Crouch, Affelay (2), Ramadan, Berahino

Highlights below but it couldn’t fit the last goal. Crouch the star player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

GW1
    Valencia 4-3 Besiktas
    Back and fourth all game this one, alvaro negredo came on late in the second half and really changed the game both teams struggled defensively but in the end I just manged to hang on for the win , bit harsh a draw would have been fair , laptop currently not working apologies about not having highlights, orellano X1 rodrigo X2 Zaza x1 if Besiktas wants to confirm that not 100 percent , good game danharps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Gameweek 1

Group A

Leipzig (Luckycharms_74) 2 - 1 Lyon (itsHoggie)

Both sides had chances in the 1st half but after some fine saves by both keepers it remained 0-0 . The game was settled in 8 minute period in 2nd half with Poulsen getting the winner

Well played ItsHoggie :)

Goalscorers:

Poulsen 56mins
    Rafael 58 mins
    Poulsen 64mins

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Gameweek 1 - Group A

Leicester (az1234) 2 - 2 (
    pizzaburn85) Shakhtar Donetsk

A real end to end game with both sides going at it hammer and tongs (to quote Peter Brackley :pac:)!

Ex-Newcastle legend Facundo Ferreyra gave Shakhtar the lead on two occasions in the first half before being pulled back twice by Ex-Fleetwood Town legend Jamie Vardy.

Vardy almost nicked the winner late in injury time only for a great goal line clearance!

Good game pizzaburn85!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

az1234 wrote: »
    Gameweek 1 - Group A

Leicester (az1234) 2 - 2 (
    pizzaburn85) Shakhtar Donetsk

A real end to end game with both sides going at it hammer and tongs (to quote Peter Brackley :pac:)!

Ex-Newcastle legend Facundo Ferreyra gave Shakhtar the lead on two occasions in the first half before being pulled back twice by Ex-Fleetwood Town legend Jamie Vardy.

Vardy almost nicked the winner late in injury time only for a great goal line clearance!

Good game pizzaburn85!

Very good game , i was delighted to get out of the east Midlands with a point lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Gameweek 1 - Group B

Schalke (deaduis_maximus) 0 - 1 Stoke (DavidJKennedy)

Goal: Crouch

Apologise for no highlights, David if you have a copy you're welcome to add. I'll be better prepared next time..

Started as a tense first half with little to show Schalke 1 shot to Stokes 2.
    The 2nd half started with more intensity, Stoke with a corner early in the 2nd half, Crouchs attempt denied to result in a 2nd. No keeping out Crouch this time around with his headed goal to claim the match winner. Embolo brought down outside the box as he was about to go one on one for Konoplyankas free kick attempt to hit the cross bar. Good end to end game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

TheOriginaljipo (Nice) 0-4 (Lazio) DuffyTJ

Good game. Immobile was on fire grabbing a hat-trick. Anderson produced an early contender for miss of the tournament late on.

GoalScorers:
    Ciro Immobile x3
    Dante O.G

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Gameweek 1- Group B

Ajax 0-3 Schalke

Shalke in control here and 2-0 up at half time. Ajax a bit more in to it in the second half, but by then the game was lost, an early second half goal for 3-0 killed it off as a contest.
    Well played Schalke!

Scorers: M.Meyer, Own Goal. (What were you thinking Veltman?), Embelo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Gameweek 1- Group B

West Ham 5 - 2 Crystal Palace

Javier Hernandez was on fire for this match. West ham with an early goal set it up as a end to end game with both sides attacking the goals. Two more goals for west ham before half time and the finish line seemed in sight. Second half Palace came back fighting and scored an early goal worrying the West Ham defence. Game seemed to be over with another goal from Hernandez and Ayew.
    Really enjoyable game, hard luck with the result stephen, good luck in the next game.

Hernandez x 4
    Ayew x 1
    Benteke x 1
    Zaha x 1

(May have the palace scorers wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Gameweek 1 group b

(Damok21) Benfica 6 - 3 Sporting Lisbon (bijilf)

This was a game of two halves. I was lucky to go in one goal down at half time as sporting had much the better of the first half. Two quick goals from Jonas put me 2-1 in front. Sporting replied straight away with dost making it 2-2 around the 70th minute mark. Gabriel then made it 3-2 to benfica and sporting went on the attack. Gaps started to open up at the back. Great game Koolhanger.

Goalscorers Jimenez , Jonas , Gabriel and dost × 2. Coentrao × 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Group A
    Week 1

Bilbao (br09)1-1 Porto (colmania)

Bilbao (aduriz) Porto (og)

A scrappy game with 2 bizzare goals only 1 made the highlight reel for whatever reason but basically what happened the ball passed back to my keep under pressure I pressed circle to clear it nd he turned back and cleared it right into the top corner of his own net bizzare as anything, Enjoyed the game lucky to hold on for the point in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Gameweek 1

Group B

(Stephen_Mc91) Crystal Palace 2-0 Ajax (niallym)

Straight away Palace were handed the advantage from the referee through a harsh red card in the 6th min. It was a penalty, but perhaps not a red. An Ajax CB was sent off, but big Onana in goal pushed it out for a corner after (another) woeful penalty from Milojevic. Loftus-Cheek made it 1-0 with a tidy finish and Zaha doubled the lead on the stroke of half time. Palace couldn't kill the game off and Ajax stayed in the game threatening on the counter. Very good game considering Ajax had ten men for 85 mins!

Scorers:
    Loftus-Cheek
    Zaha

Gameweek 2 Fixtures

Group A

1z2d6ie.png

Group B

bg8nyr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Gameweek 1

Group A

Besiktas 0-1 Bilbao (Inaki Williams)

Thought a draw would have been a fair result but Bilbao held on for the win. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Gameweek 2

Group A

Besiktas (Negredo) 1-5 Leicester City (Slimani 3, Albrighton, Vardy.

Hit the woodwork 3 times in the second half. Deserved to lose but. Well played az1234.

Need to re-think my tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Gameweek 1

Group A

Leipzig (Luckycharms_74) 2 - 1 Valencia (KENNYG192)

Both sides had chances in the 1st half but after some fine saves by both keepers it remained 0-0 . A great 2nd half with chances end to end , penalty save and late winner sealed it for Leipzig

Well played KENNYG192

Once again Poulsen on fire to get the win.

Goalscorers:

Poulsen 49mins
    Rodrigo 65 mins
    Poulsen 84mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Gameweek 2 - Group B

Schalke (deaduis_maximus) 2 - 1 Cyrstal Palace (Stephen_Mc91)

Schalke came out of the blocks firing with an early lead from Burgstaller taking the lead with 4 mins on the clock, it was tight throughout up until the Townsend getting a well deserved equaliser on 76 mins. Palace piled on the pressure, some great counter attacking only to be let down by poor finishing when one on one. Burgstaller seals the 3 points in the dying moments of the game. Great game Stephen, any other day.. I felt relieved to grab all 3 points.

Goalscorers:
    Burgstaller (4 mins)
    Townsend (76 mins)
    Burgstaller (92 mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Gameweek 1

Torino (ExclamationMarc) 3 - 0 Leicester (az1234)

Iago Falque 32'
    Belotti 65'
    Alex Bereneguer 85'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Shaktar (stryker McQueen) 4 RB Leipzig (Luckycharms_74) 0

Under the cosh from a succession of corners early on but managed to take the lead on the break , intricate passing and runs from midfield meant it was 3-0 by half time, Ferreyra with a brace of headers then missed a sitter from 4 yards out to complete his hatrick , but set up a 4th in the second half for the brazilian magician Fred to kill off the contest..

On another day i would have been behind early on and its a different game but lady luck was on my side tonight .

Goals

Ismaily
    Ferreyra x2
    Fred

Good game Luckycharms_74

Gameweek 2

Porto (Colemaniser) 4-2 Besiktas (danharps)

Goalscorers:
    Andre Andre (x2), Aboubakar, Marega - Porto
    Tosun (x2) - Besiktas

Started off very badly in this game. Having put the pressure on in the opening stages, new Everton signing Cenk Tosun opened the scoring for Besiktas with their first shot of the game and the same man doubled their lead with their 2nd shot of the game!

I then went on the attack straight away and managed to pull it back level before half time with 2 goals from the man so good they named him twice, Andre Andre.

Aboubakar then put us ahead after a good passing move and with 11 minutes to play, while under relentless pressure from Besiktas, the connection went. We played another 15 minutes of a new game with Besiktas going on the offensive. Marega capitalised on the gaps in the Besiktas defence to slot home the winner.

Very entertaining game! Unfortunately no highlights due to the connection going in the main game!

Gameweek 2

Athletic Club(br09)1-3 Leicester (az1234)

Even enough 1st half with a goal a piece, but slimani came on and put leicester 2-1 up then an absolute worldie of a free kick from Fuchs put the game to bed

Couldn't live with Leicesters pace and they could have scored more

Goals: Mahrez, Aduriz, Slimani, Fuchs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Southampton (Wilberto) 0 - 3 West Ham United (AldoEire)

Southampton's inability to pass the ball, coupled with a quite pathetic attempt at defending meant that this all Premier League encounter was very much one way traffic. The visitors were good value for the win, and it probably should have been more. Southampton just seem so slow to play with at times.

Oh, and I also saved a penalty. I dropped Fraser Forster, and threw in Alex McCarthy! :pac:

Goalscorers:

34' - André Ayew
    50' - Marko Arnautovic (Had the whole ball really crossed the line? Doubtful! ;) :pac:)
    92' - Javier Hernandez (I'm still not sure what happened to the defender for this goal. Bizarre to say the least!)

GW 2

Athletic Club (br09)2-1 Marseille (ciano)

went a goal down was very lucky not to be 2 down not long after came back into the game massivley in the 2nd half and went 2-1 up Marseille then hit the post pretty much straight after the restart and never really got going again, Couldn't finish them off either and was nervy right until the end

Scorers: Munian, Payet, Inaki Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Game Week 2 - Group B

Ajax (Bozo Skeleton) 1-4 Benfica (Walter.White)

Benfica had much the better of the first half, and Ajax were fortunate to be trailing just 1-0 at the interval. The second half started off a more balanced affair. Ajax hit the post and somehow skyed the rebound high and wide from 6 yards out on the hour mark. A goal then might have given Ajax something to hold on to or build on, but Benfica made it 2-0 almost straight after, and that very shortly became 3-0. The Ajax defence was caught out yet again with 10 minutes to go for 4-0.
    Dolberg netted a late consolation for Ajax, but by then many of the Ajax fans were already on the Metro home.
    A deserved win for Benfica. Well played Walter.White!
    Scorers
    Ajax: Dolberg
    Benfica: Jonas (x2), Cervi, Gabriel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

GW1
    Marseille (Meath77) 0 - 3 Leipzig (nslattery)

After many false starts because of my dodgy broadband, finally had a lag free game. Wish the broadband was still dodgy tbh. Plenty of chances but Leipzig had more and were more clinical.

Score: poulsen x 2, werner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Gw2
    https://youtu.be/c42f0PMYN4g
    Valencia (Kenneth192) 4-3 (Colemaniser) Porto
    Fantastic game , end to end from the get go. All 7 goals coming in the first half of the match , in the end a draw would have been the fair results with both teams having chances in the second half and Porto having one really late on I managed to hang on for the 3 points. Great game Coleman I look forward to the return fixture!
    Goalscorers: Valencia Zaza X2 Rodrigo X2
    Porto Abubakar X2 Marega x1

Advertisement