Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2018 League - Season 2 Fixtures & Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Gameweek 2

Nice (TheOriginalJipo) 0 - 2 Ajax(Nialym)

Enjoyable game even if my losing streak continues! Ajax punished me for 2 mistakes here and had plenty more chances either end for more goals, I don't do defending very well.....

Will update with scorers soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Gameweek 2

Nice (TheOriginalJipo) 0 - 2 Ajax(Nialym)

Enjoyable game even if my losing streak continues! Ajax punished me for 2 mistakes here and had plenty more chances either end for more goals, I don't do defending very well.....

Will update with scorers soon.

Cerny and Huntelaar the scorers here, same scorers as in the Stoke match :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

GW 4

Besiktas 2-4 Shakhtar

Quaresma (2)

Ferreyra (2)
    Srna
    Bernard

I'm rubbish with Besiktas. Well beaten.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Southampton 1 - 3 Schalke

77' - C. Austin

47' - A. Harit
    62' - Y. Konoplyanka
    69' - B. Embolo

As you can see from the stats at the start, it was all one way traffic in this one as Southampton just couldn't get their counter-attacking game going at all. The Saints defended well but when a team concedes that many chances, it's always likely that a few are going to seep through. Well deserved victory for Schalke in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

GW 4

Leipzig (Nslattery) 2 - 2 Besiktas (danharps)

Great game overall. Poulsen , Kieta & foresberg out of starting line up due to terrible form
    Besiktas open scoring after 7 mins then Leipzig equalise midway through 1st half after goalkeeping Blunder by Besiktas

2nd half chances both ends then poulsen scores (77) a cracking lob on the volley after one touch passes in midfield

Few more chances by both teams until at the end a blunder by goalkeeper and defence leave a tap in for besiktas

For some reason the highlights didn’t save

Besiktas scorers: Talisca (7)
    not sure of other scorer
    Leipzig : Not sure of scorer
    and poulsen (77)

Maybe dan might know the scorers

P.s. I’m away for the week in Prague so not around to play any games until after Friday

Torino & Porto I’m down to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

GW 4

Leipzig (Nslattery) 2 - 2 Besiktas (danharps)

Great game overall. Poulsen , Kieta & foresberg out of starting line up due to terrible form
    Besiktas open scoring after 7 mins then Leipzig equalise midway through 1st half after goalkeeping Blunder by Besiktas

2nd half chances both ends then poulsen scores (77) a cracking lob on the volley after one touch passes in midfield

Few more chances by both teams until at the end a blunder by goalkeeper and defence leave a tap in for besiktas

For some reason the highlights didn’t save

Besiktas scorers: Talisca (7)
    not sure of other scorer
    Leipzig : Not sure of scorer
    and poulsen (77)

Maybe dan might know the scorers

P.s. I’m away for the week in Prague so not around to play any games until after Friday

Torino & Porto I’m down to play

Negredo got my 2nd and I'm pretty sure Augustin got your first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Torino (ManufacturedHero) 2 - 0 Shakhtar (pizzaburn85)

An incredibly close game with perhaps the best save I've seen in the game from the Shakhtar keeper at close range.

Eventually Torino broke through in the second half with goals from Belotti and Rincon.

Good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Shahktar 1 athletic Bilbao 3

Castro

Inaki Williams
    Muniaian x 2

1 up and in control , total brain fart moment from me and its all gone Pete tong , well played Brian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Southampton 0 - 3 Ajax
    35' - L. Schone
    44' - [Own Goal] M. Yoshida (Name and shame!)
    78' - K. Dolberg

It was an even enough tie up to when the referee awarded [in my opinion :pac:] a dubious free kick at the age of the box which was beautifully dispatched by Schone. Ajax continued t push for the rest of the first half, in truth, and eventually extended their lead through an own goal from 'The Yosh'.

Ajax maybe had the better of the second half but it was still relatively even, until my defensive midfielders decided to go awol around the 78' minute. (I think Oriel Romeu was pulling up outside Clarke's Shoes when Dolberg was racing towards the defence. As for Mario Lemina, I think he was getting a haircut in Peter Marks). Good finish by Dolberg though.

As I said to Bozo though, it's never a good sign when your fastest player is getting outpaced by the opposition centre half! :pac:

I think I may have let the highlights be recorded a second time! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

(JaMarcusHustleIE) Lyon 0-0 FC Porto (Colemania)

A tight affair that not many fans will be boasting about attending. Lyon dominated possession 60% to Porto's 40%, but it was the Portuguese side who had the better chances with 2 or 3 one-on-one chances spurned. I wish there was more I could say about my opening game in this league...

But there isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

GW 3 - Group A

Leicester (az1234) 2 - 1 (Colemaniser) Porto

An early goal from Albrighton was cancelled out almost straight away by Aboubakar. It was a fairly even game for the most part after that before Iheanacho scored a late goal to nick it.

I forgot to record the highlights so no chance to see the amazing finish to win it!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

GW 4 - Group A

Leicester (az1234) 0 - 3 (JaMarcusHustleIE) Lyon

A thrashing here and could have been more. Fairly dour first half ended scoreless before Leicester collapsed in a heap in the second!

Goals from Traoré, Grenier and Fekir for Lyon. Again, no highlights but probably for the best for Leicester!

Torino (ManufacturedHero) 2 - 3 Lyon (JaMarcusHustleIE)

A tight game in the end but ultimately Torino were pulled apart by quick passing and moving and a deserved win for Lyon.

Goals from Belotti (2), Traore, Grenier and Fekir.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

GW4
    Marseille (Meath77) 0 - 1 Leicester (az1234)

My disastrous season continues. 1 goal from a really tight angle sealed it. Through ball from deep, outpaced my defenders. No prizes guessing who scored. Highlights just show 1 other shot! I'll upload later.

Scorer was vardy

(JaMarcusHustleIE) Lyon 4-0 Shakhtar (pizzaburn85)

Fekir
    Depay x 3

The game was over by half-time with Lyon amassing a 4-0 lead, and it could have been much more but for some wasteful finishing, including Depay spurning his chance at a 4th goal by hitting the post from the penalty spot. The first 2 goals were gifts from misplaced passes from the Donetsk defence. Shakhtar were content to pass the ball around to run out the 2nd half, and could have got a consolation goal or 2 from some decent chances.

Thankfully, controversy was avoided here! I saw pizzaburn85 press pause after 3/4 minutes and stop moving his players. I immediately booted the ball out for a throw in, thinking his controller died or something. Thought I'd get the ball back as a fair play gesture but he tried to swing in a cross straight away. Naught naughty! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

(JaMarcusHustleIE) Lyon 4-0 Shakhtar (pizzaburn85)

Fekir
    Depay x 3

The game was over by half-time with Lyon amassing a 4-0 lead, and it could have been much more but for some wasteful finishing, including Depay spurning his chance at a 4th goal by hitting the post from the penalty spot. The first 2 goals were gifts from misplaced passes from the Donetsk defence. Shakhtar were content to pass the ball around to run out the 2nd half, and could have got a consolation goal or 2 from some decent chances.

Thankfully, controversy was avoided here! I saw pizzaburn85 press pause after 3/4 minutes and stop moving his players. I immediately booted the ball out for a throw in, thinking his controller died or something. Thought I'd get the ball back as a fair play gesture but he tried to swing in a cross straight away. Naught naughty! ;)

Genuinely have no idea what your on about with the last sentence above???
    Wasn't gonna get anything from the game and had a player sent off that i didn't even notice until half time, so keeping the ball was damage limitation .anyway well played

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Gameweek 5 Fixtures

Group A

29w1xkz.png

Group B

20i6plx.png

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

As we're at the halfway mark, I'm also going to post up the unplayed fixtures from previous weeks below. Fair play to the new manager of Lyon for playing 4 games last night and already threatening to win the group!

Unplayed Fixtures GW 1 - 4

Group A

1sbfjd.png

Group B

t5geig.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

GW 5

Ath Club(br09)1-1 Besiktas (danharps)

Controlled this one pretty much and went a goal up threw Munain could have been more , 2nd half was a messy one with tackles flying in near the end , a goal scramble ended up in an equaliser for Negredo , almost won at the death with munain hitting the post an inaki williams's rebound cleared off the line,
    I'm happy to have not lost good game

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Group B

(Stephen_Mc91) Crystal Palace 0-1 Lazio (Duffy)

Tight game this. Lazio monopolized the ball throughout, without really doing too much with it. Palace were threatening on the break but lacked a cutting edge. Immobile silenced Selhurst around the 75min mark with a tidy finish after palace's defending left a lot to be desired. Good game. (Highlights to follow!)

• Advertisement

Gameweek 5 Result

Southampton 1 V 3 Benfica
    11' - M. Lemina

9' - Jonas
    20' - Jonas
    39' - Gabigol (Gabriel)

Some intricate passing by Benfica, coupled with typical nightmarish defending by the Saints meant that this one could have finished far more in favour of the Portuguese side if truth be told. :pac:

I like my own goal though. :):)

Gameweek 4

Porto (Colemaniser) 3-1 Leipzig (nslattery)

Scorers:
    Porto: Aboubakar, Marega, Waris
    Leipzig: Sabitzer

Bit of a crazy game with some kamikaze defending! Aboubakar with the opener after a rocket of a shot from Brahimi was parried by the Leipzig keeper to Aboubakar who eventually tapped it in. Waris doubled the lead in the second half before Marega picked up a stray pass from a short free kick by the keeper and fired into an empty net from a long way out.

Sabitzer grabbed a late consolation towards the end with a nice header.

Finally have highlights too. Can't record gameplay so have to let the highlights run and then record video clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Valencia 4 - 1 Bilbao
    Valencia started off on the front foot putting bilbao under pressure early and scoring in the first 5 minutes Valencia would be 4 up by half time . Bilbao came out the second half the better team really got a hold of the game but at that stage the damage was done , bilbao would get their goal throughly deserved and what a goal it was backheel in the dying minutes. In the end happy to get 3 points maybe a bit harsh on Brian the scoreline good game
    Goalscorers garay x1 zaza x1 rodrigo x1 parejo x1
    Munian x1
    https://youtu.be/g8yvYHCyFiY

Gameweek whatever! :pac:

Southampton 0 - 2 Lazio

Some decent defending by the home side (who, yet again, just sat deep :pac:) restricted the Italians to just pot shots at Fraser Forsters goal. The Saints looked dangerous on the counter attack though with the Irish duo of Shane Long, for his strength (and a little pace) and teenager Michael Obafemi (for his pace).

Eventually, Lazio did break through on the 76th minute through Caicedo after some calamitous defending by the hosts. They sealed the victory with 3 minutes to spare through a second from Caicedo.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

(Koolhanger / Bijilf) Sporting 4 - 0 Nice (TiltedBrain / TheOriginalJipo)

Goals: Dost, Monterro x2, Doumbia

Good game. Dost early goal dampened Nice spirits. Nice had a couple of good chances at 0-2 which could've changed the game big time. Thankfully, my strikers were on top form.

Tried to record highlights but it only recorded for a minute and stopped. Presume it's something I've to change in my share settings.

Good game, Jipo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gameweek 4

Group B

Stoke (DavidJKennedy) 1 - 1 West Ham (Aidz-Eire-)

Goalscorers:

Choupo-Moting

Chicarito

Feel hard done by, but demz the breaks! GG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Group A

Leipzig (nslattery) 0 - 2 Leicester (az1234)

One sided game and lucky to get out of it 2 -0

Slimani (5) and Vardy (77) got the goals

I gave really been struggling without poulsen & Kieta not in the starting line up last few games due to shocking form

Need to get back winning soon

Good game az1234

Torino (ManufacturedHero) 0 - 4 Besiktas (danharps)

Thoroughly useless from Torino again but clinical from Besiktas. Lens hat trick and a Negredo goal in the middle sealed the well deserved win.

Torino (ExclamationMarc) 3 - 2 Valencia (Kenneth 192)

Bereneguer, Valdifiori and Own Goal for the home side whilst two goals for Zaza for the away team.

• Advertisement

(JaMarcusHustleIE) Lyon 1-2 Athletic (brianregan09)

Lyon's horrific E rating finally rings true as they couldn't muster anything at home to Athletic. 60% possession and 12 shots in the stat box weren't a true reflection as Athletic's keeper was relatively untroubled save for a scrappy Mariano Diaz goal after Aduriz and Williams had given Athletic a 2-0 lead on the break. A last gasp scramble in the Athletic box came to nothing and Bilbao held on.

Scorers:
    Home - Diaz
    Away - Aduriz, Williams

Advertisement