Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2018 League - Season 2 Fixtures & Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lazio 3 - 1 Crystal Palace

Good game and I think Palace were probably a bit unlucky not to get a draw. Lazio started well for once but faded when 3 up and Palace were definitely the better side in the 2nd half.

Lazio goalscorers:

Bastia
    Parolo
    Lukaku

Palace goalscorers:

Wickham

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Valencia (Kenneth 192) 6 - 2 Torino (ManufacturedHero)

Writing on the wall when all of Torinos decent players were on red form but Valencia were lethal and took every single chance, scoring some absolute humdingers in the process.

Zaza x 3, Guedes, Parejo and one other scorer TBC.
    Belotti x 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Valencia (Kenneth 192) 6 - 2 Torino (ManufacturedHero)

Writing on the wall when all of Torinos decent players were on red form but Valencia were lethal and took every single chance, scoring some absolute humdingers in the process.

Zaza x 3, Guedes, Parejo and one other scorer TBC.
    Belotti x 2.

Zaza x4 guedes x1 parejo x1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Group A

Besiktas 2-1 Torino

Negredo x2
    Llajic

Finished the season off with a win against Torino. Negredo had we 1 up early on. Torino then had a man sent off (undeservedly I may add). I missed the resulting penalty. Torino equalised early in the 2nd half and despite having a number of good chances it took until the 79th minute to get the winner. Good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Ajax 4 - 2 West Ham

These two behemoths come head to head for the double header.
    Sadly the first 9 out of the first 11 of west ham must have missed the bus as they were all sick with red arrow syndrome, so moyes had to go the reserves for impact.
    Game startes well with west ham taking the lead through mario from the half way 40 yards out aftet a blunder from the keeper going into half time in the lead.
    Ajax boss Hag pulled a masterstroke and rejigged his team and it showed with two quick goals in the second half. The 3rd goal came by dolgberg after James Collins forgot how to kick a ball in his own box, ya know james..defending its called.
    Carrol clawed 1 back with a lovely back heel into goal which caught the keeper by suprise and the comeback was on. That pissed ajax off though as they came back in the dying minutes to punish the hammers. London has fallen

Good game nially, some very slick goals scored in that 2nd half.

Nially will post 2nd game later

Carrol x1
    Mario x1

Dolberg x2
    Younes x1
    De jong x1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Ajax 4 - 2 West Ham

These two behemoths come head to head for the double header.
    Sadly the first 9 out of the first 11 of west ham must have missed the bus as they were all sick with red arrow syndrome, so moyes had to go the reserves for impact.
    Game startes well with west ham taking the lead through mario from the half way 40 yards out aftet a blunder from the keeper going into half time in the lead.
    Ajax boss Hag pulled a masterstroke and rejigged his team and it showed with two quick goals in the second half. The 3rd goal came by dolgberg after James Collins forgot how to kick a ball in his own box, ya know james..defending its called.
    Carrol clawed 1 back with a lovely back heel into goal which caught the keeper by suprise and the comeback was on. That pissed ajax off though as they came back in the dying minutes to punish the hammers. London has fallen

Good game nially, some very slick goals scored in that 2nd half.

Carrol x1
    Mario x1

Dolberg x2
    Younes x1
    De jong x1

F. De Jong the scorer there, I have an S. De Jong as well, just to be pedantic!
    Great couple of games Aido!

Group B

West Ham 1-0 Ajax

West Ham immediately atoned for the defeat in Amsterdam in a well played game. Both sides missed some good chances. Andy Carroll scored what proved to be the winner mid way through the second half. A couple of good games played by these two sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Group B

Ajax 4 - 2 Sporting

Great match and a well-deserved win for niallym's Ajax team. He won both halves 2-1 so I can have no complaints :)

Scorers: Ajax - F. De Jong x3, Own goal
    Sporting - Coates, Dost

Group B

Sporting 3 - 2 Ajax

Another great game. Ajax went ahead after I decided to roll the ball straight out to their centre-forward from my 'keeper! Sporting got back into it, though. Second half was end-to-end and Ajax almost equalised in the last minute after Sporting were caught in possession in midfield.

Scorers: Sporting - B. Ruiz, Dost, Martins
    Ajax - Ziyech, S. De Jong

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Group A
    Leicester (az1234) 3 - 2 (meath77) Marseille

Very tight, end to end game. Leicester went all out attack at the end which lead to Robert Huth popping up at the back post to head in the winner!

All Leicester need to top the group is Porto to beat Valencia and then go and beat Valencia themselves by about 35 goals!

Goalscorers:
    Leicester - Okazaki, Mahrez, Huth
    Marseille - Payet, Germain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nice 3 - 3 Sporting Lisbon

Ruiz x2 Sporting
    Dost sporting
    Dante Nice
    Serj Nice
    Saint maximim Nice

Points on the board!
    Cracker of a game, sporting went 1 up through Ruiz and I was settling in for another drubbing, but saint maximim pulled one back to finish a nice move.
    Dost then made sporting 2-1 At ht, the tackles were flying in the 2nd nice picked up 2 yellows early on, serj then equalized through a sloppy 6 yarder.
    Looked like Sporting were gonna take all 3 then when Ruiz punished my keeper coming out but Dante (my player of the tournament for Nice) popped up on the other end of the pitch in the 89th minute to tuck away a tidy finish. Sporting picked up a red just before this as Mario was nicked from behind while shaping up to pull the trigger.

All in all, a draw was probably a little kind to Nice but I'll take it and thoroughly enjoyable game.

Lazio 4 - 1 Nice
    Burgstaler x 3
    Schopf x 1
    Plea x 1 Nice

Crashing back down to earth in this one, Schalke dominated the 1st half burgstaler scoring a screamer, plea got one back in a more even 2nd half but Nice went all out attack and got picked off easy late one.

Group B

Ajax 2-4 Nice

The Ajax scout had seen that Nice had suffered a couple of heavy defeats, and coupled with beating Nice 2-0 earlier in the league, they were quietly confident of getting a result in their final fixture. How wrong they were.
    The first half was an absolute onslaught from Nice, they stormed in to a 3-0 half time lead, but in truth it could have been much more. A bit of a rejig and a sub by Ajax at half time (they had to do something!) saw a more balanced second half. Ajax made it 1-3 after 50 minutes with a scrappy own goal, and there was a glimmer of hope. Nice always looked lethal on the counter, and Balotelli made it 4-1 on 63 minutes. An 88th minute Younes strike made it 2-4, and made the score a bit respectable, but Ajax were fortunate not to be on the receiving end of a drubbing after Nice's first half display.

Scorers.
    Ajax: own goal, Younes
    Nice: Seri, Cyprien, Balotelli x 2

Well played Nice, deserved the 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

West ham 1 - 2 Lazio

Tight game all round with lazio dominating possesion and west ham denfending well. Caicedo was a handfull all game. Lazio the deserved winners in the end

GG Duffy well played

Caicedo x2
    Masuaku x1

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Group B

Schalke 1 - 4 Lazio
    Pjaca Savic *2
    Caicedo *2

Group B

Nice 0 - 1 Southampton
    S.Long

Safe to say myself and Wilberto played out one of the worst games ever played on PES, I think I had zero shots, would be suprised if Southampton had more than 2. Shane Long made the difference in the 1st half and that's all she wrote.

Well won, cemented last place with that result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Group A

Porto (Colemaniser) 0-4 Valencia(KENNETH192)

Scorers: Own goal, Guedes, Zaza x2

Another frustrating game for me with a scoreline flattered by the 2 shockers in defence for the games opening 2 goals. Andre Andre and Casillas with a mix up for the opener with Andre Andre bundling into his own goal. Closely followed by Guedes shooting straight at Casillas and going straight through him.

Went attacking in the second half but couldn't find a way through Gabriel at the back. Kenneth duly finished the game off with 2 nice goals from that man again, Simone Zaza.

Good game, on to the playoffs!

Play Off

Lazio 2-2 Porto (1st leg)

Nothing to separate the sides in the first leg. Caicedo scored a nice equalizer.

Goalscoers:

Lazio:
    Caicedo
    Di Gennaro

Porto:
    Aboubakar x2

Porto 2-5 Lazio (2nd leg)

Lazio more in control in the 2nd leg and won out. Aboubakar scored a brilliant goal around the 70 min but it wasn't enough to start the comeback.

Goalscoers:

Lazio:
    Luis Alberto x2
    Caicedo x2
    Immobile

Porto:
    Waris
    Aboubakar

Good games Colemaniser

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Group A
    Leicester (az1234) 2 - 4 (KENNETH192) Valencia

Goalscorers:
    - Leicester: Mahrez x 2
    - Valencia: Kondogbia, Parejo, Guedes x 2

Sorry again about the delay in posting the score!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

West Ham and Nice matches have been void so here are the final updated fixtures for both competitions. Note that West Ham, Marseille, Besiktas and Ajax have different fixtures now as a result and Lazio are to play Valencia in the quarter final of the Champions Cup due to the dismantling of my beloved Porto by IncognitoMan!

All games have 2 legs, including the final. If its level, a 3rd game is played at the lowest time limit possible and set up to have a penalty shootout if that 3rd game is level.

Winner of the Schalke vs Shaktar playoff plays Benfica in the quarter final.

Winner of the Nice vs Athletic Bilbao playoff plays Crystal Palace in the quarter final

PES Champions Cup

nno235.png

PES Shield

2ia7el4.png

See webpage here for groups, cups and fixtures: Boards PES League

• Advertisement

Group B play off

1st Leg : Nice 2 - 2 Athletic
    Balotelli, maximim, Williams, aduriz

2nd Leg : Athletic 3 - 5 Nice
    Balotelli x 2, maximim x 2, plea, aduriz x 2, gesty

2 cracking matches with Brian just now in a repeat of last leagues play off pairing between us.

This was more like Mario vs Aduriz, both had cracking games, getting 1 each in the 1st leg in what was an even enough game although both Nice goals came at the expense of defensive mistakes.

2nd Leg started and Brian went 2 up within 30 minutes, I feared the worst but managed to pull one back before ht.
    I got 2 more early in the 2nd half to go ahead in the tie. Aduriz missed a few one on ones that could have made the difference, maximim tucked away a corner at the death to flatter the score.

Great games Brian, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Lads will someone add me back into the group chat so i can organise my games this week ,

Please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Quarters
    Second leg
    Valencia (Kenneth192) 0 - 4 (DuffyTJ) Lazio
    the second leg to what was a thrilling first , Lazio took the lead early in the first half through Felipe Anderson . With Lazio dominating the ball putting pressure on Valencia they would double there lead through an own goal from Gabriel moments later caicedo would make it 3 and Ciro Immobile would kill the game off with 15 minutes left to play
    No luck in the second leg but to be fair Duffy was on the comeback since the end of the first leg, Best of luck in the semis Duffy great games
    7 - 3 to Lazio over the course of the tie
    Lazio : Anderson x1 Caicedo x1 Immobile x1
    Own goal

https://youtu.be/hOkxP36ozMg

Lazio 3-4 Valencia

Valencia started much the better side and Lazio found themselves 3-0 down after 25 minutes at home and looked to be heading for the exit door. Lazio then settled a bit and got on the score sheet soon after giving themselves some hope.

Valencia regained their 3 goal buffer in the 73rd minute and it looked like Lazio were dead and buried but a late surge with goals from Luis Alberto in the 86th and Caicedo in the 88th meant Lazio would be within 1 going into the 2nd leg.

Lazio goalscorers:
    Nani
    Luis Alberto
    Caicedo

Valencia goalscorers:
    Own goal
    Zaza x2
    Parejo

Valencia 0-4 Lazio

Valencia started well and created a few chances early on but didn't manage to put the ball in the net. On the 26th minute Felipe Anderson brought the tie level on aggregate and in truth it was a tight 1st half that could have gone to either side as the game swung in the balance.

The 2nd half was a different story as soon as the own goal went in around the 60th minute Valencia had to go for it and there was room for Lazio to exploit.

Lazio goalscorers:

Felipe Anderson
    Own goal
    Caicedo
    Immobile

A really enjoyable tie. Could have gone either way and it took a serious fightback from Lazio to get through. Really enjoyable games Kenneth192.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Shakhtar 2-2 schalke

Burgstaller x2

Bernard and ferrerya

Tense affair , fell behind early on , got level and worked hard to go ahead only to concede from the kick off.

Decent game

not sure if I'm in the shield now ? Off to Cheltenham in the morning so won't be around to play until the weekend , if this causes an issue I will forfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Schalke 1-1 Shakhtar

Embolo Marlo

Tense affair, nothing to give in the 1st half, Shakhtar to burst out of the blocks with goal in 49 mins but Embolo to snatch the equaliser in extra time and send Schalke through on away goals

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Quarter final

Leg 1 Schalke 1 - 3 Benfica (damok21)

Really tough game this, went 1-0 down through and absolute screamer form burgstaller and I was struggling to break through the schalke defence, eventually I scored when Jonas popped up with an equaliser. He quickly added a second and I found myself 2-1 up. The rest of the game was scrappy and I scored a goal in the 90th minute with the last kick of the game. Zivkovic with the important goal that gave me some breathing space for the second leg. Really close game.

Scorers Jonas * 2 and Zivkovic
    Burgstaller.

Leg 2

Benfica 4 - 2 Schalke

I managed to take an early lead with Jonas scoring after Schalke missed a few early chances. Pjaca scored the equaliser and burgstaller missed a good chance to give schalke the lead. Cervi then broke through the schalke defence and scored to give me the lead so Schalke went all out attack to try and get back into the tie. Zivkovic and Rafa Silva scored to make it 4-1 and I think it was burgstaller scored to make it 4-2, I'll upload the highlights later. Good games Schalke

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Champions Cup - Quarter Final

Stoke (DavidJKennedy) vs Torino (Exclamation Marc)

Fun games buddy

1st Leg

The scoreline was v flattering. My tight defence carried over from the league

Stoke 5-0 Torino

Goalscorers:

Crouch, Shaqiri, Darren Fletcher, Jesé, Choupo-Moting

2nd Leg

Torino 3-6 Stoke

Fun game with Torino having nothing to lose but teams were all out attack I think (red symbol at the bottom of the screen) leading to a load of goals.

Goalscorers:

Belotti x2, Falque,

Martins Indi, Papa N'Diaye, Choupo-Moting x3, Berahino

Champions Cup

Quarter final

1st leg - Sporting 4 - 0 Leicester

Montero x3, Dost

Leicester had plenty of possession but Sporting used the counter-attacks to good effect. Rui Patricio was in great form in goals for Sporting.

2nd leg - Leicester 3 - 2 Sporting

Vardy x2, D. Gray
    Montero, B. Cesar

Leicester raced into a 3-0 lead before half-time! Sporting failed to register a single shot in the first half. Genuinely thought Leicester were going to go on and win it at that stage. They would have only for Rui Patricio, once again. He made several saves. Montero and Cesar scored in the second half to restore some breathing space.

Aggregate score: Sporting 6 - 3 Leicester

Great tie. Thanks for the games, Az.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

PES Shield

Quarter final

1st leg - Southampton 1 - 5 Leipzig

Goals - Southampton
    Mvogo (OG) 23

Goals - Leipzig
    Werner 26, 31, 63
    Bruma 52
    Kaiser 90

With Southampton on E rating and Leipzig on C rating, there were some terrible finishing, especially on poor Southampton. There were also some lag issues but fair play to wilberto he said we just finish the games.

The Saints took the lead through a mix up in defence and led to an OG by Mvogo.

A quick reply and couple of goals from Werner put Leipzig ahead 2-1 at HT.
    With the game closely contested a 3rd on 52 from a corner put the Germans 3-1 up and looked to be in the comfort zone. The turning point in the game was big chance missed by Obafemi which led to a counter attack to put Leipsig 4-1 up and game over.

A 5th in injury time added insult to injury.

Just looking at the stats was a bit mad

Stats :

Saints 1 shot (0 on target)

Leipzig 21 shots (14 on target)

Just goes to show you how form can mess up your game

2nd leg - Leipzig 1 - 3 Southampton

Goals - Leipzig
    Werner 45+2

Goals - Southampton
    Redmond 3, 36
    Carrillo 17

3 goals in the first half without response had this tie well and truly back on and tbh Leipzig were shell-shocked. A goal (which Forster will have nightmares about ) in injury time in 1st half by that man again Werner gave Leipsig the little bit of breathing space.

Lots of chances in the 2nd half by Leipzig couldn't increase their cushion and it ended 3-1

Stats:

Much closer in this one

Leipzig 15 shots (8 on target)

Saints 8 shots (4 on target)

Aggregate score: Leipzig 6 - 4 Southampton

Great matches Wilberto. Well played.

I will upload full matches later if anyone wants to watch.

Advertisement